Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who's making the Gringotts track?

Who is the coaster manufacturer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oceaneering could probably do it either way. My guess is that each RV will have a motion base because that's how they've done it with Spidey and TF. It works, so why change it?

I'm going with my gut and sticking to Premier Track and RVs with Oceaneering's motion base somewhere. The track just looks like Premier. The support structure for the switch track also looks identical to ROTMs switch structure, just stronger.

I really don't think UO would go with Intamin. Their track record is "meh" with new stuff. Premier has so far delivered to Universal 3 quality products, and helped out with servicing Rockit.

The Spider-Man RVs require constant power. It would make more sense to put the spider-man motion base on the ground, and put the track on it.

Also I have always heard it is Premier track.

^So what? Test Track goes 60 mph using a busbar. It's totally doable to have a motion base on each RV, especially if it's going to be more dark ride than coaster.

^So what? Test Track goes 60 mph using a busbar. It's totally doable to have a motion base on each RV, especially if it's going to be more dark ride than coaster.

Fair point, but if your thinking the motion base would be needed more then a few pieces of the ride then it wouldn't make any sense to use coaster track, why not just use the Spider-Man RV.

But more importantly it's the motion base with the track on it that Universal filed a patent for.

I'm all alone with my Intamin hopes

Scratch that DH is still with me :lol:

Fair point, but if your thinking the motion base would be needed more then a few pieces of the ride then it wouldn't make any sense to use coaster track, why not just use the Spider-Man RV.

Because it wouldn't be able to do complex, twisting elevation changes like RXCC at Hersheypark.

But more importantly it's the motion base with the track on it that Universal filed a patent for.

Yes, but that may have to do with what's rumored for the first scene. Supposedly there is going to be some sort of tilting/drop track movement. But the renderings leaked over a year ago show that the RVs have enough room for a motion base between them and the coaster hardware.

In theory any ride could be designed with a motion base between it and chassis when your starting from scratch.

OK, here is my final answer, Intamin AG for the track. Zierer for the trick track mechanics. Mack for the RV's chassis. Oceaneering for the motion base. Premier for the carriage (themed seating area). And Bombardier for the ride control system/software package to run the whole thing.

OK, I just made all that up. Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

Last edited: