Why wasn't Men in Black: Alien Attack cloned to USH? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Why wasn't Men in Black: Alien Attack cloned to USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree that MIB should have come to USH. Remember this was post 9/11 and USH was desperate for attractions with low cost...i.e. Mummy.

I remember being an employee at USH and they offered us to view the ride vehicle for MIB when the ride opened in Orlando. Well, isn't that pie in your face!?! SMH

MIB should have replaced Backdraft instead of Transformers...IMO

Reactions: tankart150
I agree that MIB should have come to USH. Remember this was post 9/11 and USH was desperate for attractions with low cost...i.e. Mummy.

I remember being an employee at USH and they offered us to view the ride vehicle for MIB when the ride opened in Orlando. Well, isn't that pie in your face!?! SMH

MIB should have replaced Backdraft instead of Transformers...IMO
Maybe if the time comes an MIB clone can replace Transformers? :)

Why wasn't Men in Black: Alien Attack cloned to Universal Hollywood? It seemed like an awesome addition! :)
Also, do they sell MIB merchandise there?
Alien influence. Scum of the universe did not want MIB agents out there foiling their plans.

Now we have to use video games to recruit from the West Coast. Got the idea from The Last Starfighter.

I think MIB has seen its day. I loved the ride in its prime. Now its like everything else at Universal...let go. The experience has been destroyed. There is no way MIB will be cloned anywhere. Take that as something unique for Orlando and enjoy it while it lasts.

Sorry.
I hope they bring back the fog and water squirt effects inside The Big Bug, it was really impressive back in the day

I hope they bring back the fog and water squirt effects inside The Big Bug, it was really impressive back in the day
There are long broken effects that get fixed then break soon after. For a short while the sensor in the vent on the right side ambush worked. Next trip it was down again and hasn't worked since.

There are long broken effects that get fixed then break soon after. For a short while the sensor in the vent on the right side ambush worked. Next trip it was down again and hasn't worked since.
Where’s the sensor?
Also, I remember in 2009 the water was gone but the fog was still there, 2011 there was a little less fog, and somehow in 2012, the year MIB 3 comes out, there’s none at all. It’s been like that ever since. Why hasn’t Universal taken the time to refurbish this attraction and Mummy? In the Treasure room, not all ththe Mummies pop up any more. Also, one holds a sword and the blade is missing. Bad show. Couldn’t they replace that with a dagger? The Turntable room is no longer pitch black. What’s up with Uni’s maintenance?

Where’s the sensor?
Also, I remember in 2009 the water was gone but the fog was still there, 2011 there was a little less fog, and somehow in 2012, the year MIB 3 comes out, there’s none at all. It’s been like that ever since. Why hasn’t Universal taken the time to refurbish this attraction and Mummy? In the Treasure room, not all ththe Mummies pop up any more. Also, one holds a sword and the blade is missing. Bad show. Couldn’t they replace that with a dagger? The Turntable room is no longer pitch black. What’s up with Uni’s maintenance?
That sensor has not been working for a while, but since there isn't anything to shoot in the short time you have on the right side in the ambush you might as well try it anyway.

As for maintenance, I have seen plenty of things in both MIB and Mummy that were broken down at one point but were fixed later. There might just be some things that keep breaking down or just simply not worth repairing.

Each could use a lengthy refurb. Hopefully they are just waiting for a point when they have new things to add. Hopefully.:pray:

What’s up with Uni’s maintenance?

It’s Universals M.O.
They’ll have impeccably maintained rides like HP, Spider-Man and even rebuilding Hulk from scratch.

Then they’ll have sub-par maintenance on lesser rides that could be mind-blowing to newcomers, like The Mummy and MiB.

Then they’ll have embarrassing six-flags quality maintenance and filth like Dudley Do Right or Seuss High in the Sky Trolley.

The saddest is MiB and Mummy for me- as those are E-Tickets of the highest order. And yet has some horribly maintained an obvious scenes. The Mummy 360 screen room being the most agregious of them all IMO. Distractingly bad.
And what’s ridiculous, is the amount of brand new guests that will soon flood the gates post 2019/Star Wars and the guests the last few years from WDW - and that’s what they see.

Really some missed opportunity all around.

It’s Universals M.O.
They’ll have impeccably maintained rides like HP, Spider-Man and even rebuilding Hulk from scratch.

Then they’ll have sub-par maintenance on lesser rides that could be mind-blowing to newcomers, like The Mummy and MiB.

Then they’ll have embarrassing six-flags quality maintenance and filth like Dudley Do Right or Seuss High in the Sky Trolley.

The saddest is MiB and Mummy for me- as those are E-Tickets of the highest order. And yet has some horribly maintained an obvious scenes. The Mummy 360 screen room being the most agregious of them all IMO. Distractingly bad.
And what’s ridiculous, is the amount of brand new guests that will soon flood the gates post 2019/Star Wars and the guests the last few years from WDW - and that’s what they see.

I hate those cheap piecemeal screens in The Mummy 360.

I will say for MiB there is so much to see that most people would never realize what is not working. The general look of the ride is well maintained for the most part.

It’s Universals M.O.

And if Comcast really wants to become the new Disney, their going to have to make sure all rides and attractions are working 100%. Bad show=bad park
And because of the overabundance of screen-based simulators at USF, MIB and Mummy and E.T. are the attractions that provide balance. Which means they must be maintained every day!
Also, that’s a poor M.O. in the first place.

And if Comcast really wants to become the new Disney, their going to have to make sure all rides and attractions are working 100%. Bad show=bad park
And because of the overabundance of screen-based simulators at USF, MIB and Mummy and E.T. are the attractions that provide balance. Which means they must be maintained every day!
Also, that’s a poor M.O. in the first place.
To be the new Disney everything has to be working 100%? I just have two words:

Disco Yeti
Disco-Yeti.jpg

To be the new Disney everything has to be working 100%? I just have two words:

Disco Yeti
Disco-Yeti.jpg

4 or 5 years ago, I’d agree- they were pretty comparable. But Disney Maintenance is significantly improved in that time and surpassed Universal. Like I said before, some rides are flawless- but some arent even close, unfortunately- especially given the age of the attractions.

Peoplemover, CoP, etc- I give a little leeway too due to age.

But for IoA and USF rides that are as old as DAK- I look at the state of Dinosaur and the state of Mummy- which is 5 years newer and a vastly superior ride, and it’s just sad.

4 or 5 years ago, I’d agree- they were pretty comparable. But Disney Maintenance is significantly improved in that time and surpassed Universal. Like I said before, some rides are flawless- but some arent even close, unfortunately- especially given the age of the attractions.

Peoplemover, CoP, etc- I give a little leeway too due to age.

But for IoA and USF rides that are as old as DAK- I look at the state of Dinosaur and the state of Mummy- which is 5 years newer and a vastly superior ride, and it’s just sad.
I go to Disney so little I can't really do a good comparison. I do know how bad a shape their monorails are in though.

I will freely admit that Universal upkeep on many of their attractions could be better and should be better. They should step up their game not because of Disney but just out of pride for their own product.