Wicked (2024 film) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Wicked (2024 film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For sure the film I'm most excited about for the rest of the year

Just looks like a fun cool movie

I'm still not very interested in this. Would it kill any studio to actually feature the songs in the movie MUSICAL they're releasing and marketing? I also think all of it looks incredibly reminiscent of Disney live action remakes, weird digital filters and sets extended by CGI. Also can't believe they're still splitting this into two movies.

I'm still not very interested in this. Would it kill any studio to actually feature the songs in the movie MUSICAL they're releasing and marketing? I also think all of it looks incredibly reminiscent of Disney live action remakes, weird digital filters and sets extended by CGI. Also can't believe they're still splitting this into two movies.
They literally play Popular and Defying Gravity, the two most popular songs in the show. They show dancing at Shiz (likely Popular), Ozdust (Dancing Through Life), and around the burning effigy (likely No One Mourns the Wicked). I’m pretty sure they briefly play One Short Day in the trailer. While they may not be showing extended dance or choral numbers, they definitely aren’t HIDING that this is a music-forward film.

The last pic specifically mentions Universal Resorts & Destinations offering tie in merchandise and experiences in the parks. I assume it will be a backdrop in the parks or something, but I could also imagine them setting up a temporary walk through on one of the sound stages with props, costumes, etc…

I'd love to see a parade float and the addition of Defying Gravity and Popular to the new show. A tribute store would be nice if they put the HHN one in Hollywood and Wicked in NYC.

Maybe they can't but would be kinda cool to use the Bourne show as a way to have a preview of deifying gravity being sung live

"There will be even more product collections at Universal Destinations & Experiences, including immersive Wicked retail experiences and elevated home and collectible merchandise, as well as apparel, accessories, toys and more for fans of all ages at Universal theme parks around the world."

As someone who enjoyed Ariana Grande as Penny Pingleton on Grease Live, plus CYNTHIA ERIVO (!!!!!!!!!) I’m looking forward to this so much. Ive also seen the touring production 3 times and my family just got to watch this at the Gershwin, we’re all very excited. This looks great. Unsure of the two movie split, tonally the two halves are so different, but so are infinity war and endgame lol