Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey HTF, what's up with The HE? I hear it could delay the opening?

Actually the locomotives are about 6 weeks ahead of schedule. The stations are the delay right now. The south station interior is practically bare and the North Station is just massive in scale with loads of work to be done. On top of that there are issues within the North Station in regards to an incorrect type of brick install. Material, workmanship, quality, or appearance not sure but regardless it has to be all ripped out and redone.

Gringotts is the issue, and its a serious issue. I'm confident that they will find a way but whispers of a delay stem from this behemoth and its programming issues.

Actually the locomotives are about 6 weeks ahead of schedule. The stations are the delay right now. The south station interior is practically bare and the North Station is just massive in scale with loads of work to be done. On top of that there are issues within the North Station in regards to an incorrect type of brick install. Material, workmanship, quality, or appearance not sure but regardless it has to be all ripped out and redone.

Gringotts is the issue, and its a serious issue. I'm confident that they will find a way but whispers of a delay stem from this behemoth and its programming issues.

How bad of a delay are we talking about? Days? Months? Weeks? Years?

Considering how quickly they have put this park together, a delay wouldn't bother me too much. It's not like weve been waiting for four years (cough mine train).

Also, do you think it's possible that Universal could pull a Disney and open Diagon without GB or HE?

Sounds like sequencing problems, thirteen had similar issues. Trying to get the timings right proved to be a nightmare and the ride only just opened on time. I can imagine that the problems on Gringotts could be much harder to over come.

I'm kinda wondering if the Gringotts deal doesn't have something to do with the kuka arm with the screen blocking the track. I vaguely remember that FJ was supposed to have the Whomping Willow block the ride path at one point, but it had to be taken out do to timing issues and fear that a RV would hit it. If this screen is indeed a big part of the ride experience, and its blocking the track at some point, I could see that being a big snag.

Considering how quickly they have put this park together, a delay wouldn't bother me too much. It's not like weve been waiting for four years (cough mine train).

Also, do you think it's possible that Universal could pull a Disney and open Diagon without GB or HE?

I don't see Universal doing that unless something goes severely wrong with both attractions..it would be a huge mistake and would add up to some angry Muggles

Didn't they contract Nassal again? I can't remember if they're just doing prefab or if they were on-site, but I can't imagine the brickwork issue stemming from them. Who goofed on the station?

I'm kinda wondering if the Gringotts deal doesn't have something to do with the kuka arm with the screen blocking the track. I vaguely remember that FJ was supposed to have the Whomping Willow block the ride path at one point, but it had to be taken out do to timing issues and fear that a RV would hit it. If this screen is indeed a big part of the ride experience, and its blocking the track at some point, I could see that being a big snag.

I am wondering what kind of safeties they have planed for that one. They can have sensors and breaks, but I imagine there needs to be some sort of a mechanical safety that prevents hitting the screen no matter what.

Didn't they contract Nassal again? I can't remember if they're just doing prefab or if they were on-site, but I can't imagine the brickwork issue stemming from them. Who goofed on the station?

I cannot mention the contractor name but were all familiar with their work…

- - - Updated - - -

This same question was just asked to me on the Podcast over at InsideUniversal.net. If the ride is delayed I think you can make a strong debate for Diagon to open without it as well as keeping it closed until everything is a 100% ready to go. On one side they open the land quietly without advertising Gringotts to soak up as much money as possible through merch and food and beverage sales. On the other side you keep it closed until 100% to give it the total grand opening feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

How bad of a delay are we talking about? Days? Months? Weeks? Years?

Please take this with a grain of salt as I feel Universal will figure it out but "months" was a term actually used. Granted it was in a time of heavy frustration but a term used regardless…

- - - Updated - - -

This same question was just asked to me on the Podcast over at InsideUniversal.net. If the ride is delayed I think you can make a strong debate for Diagon to open without it as well as keeping it closed until everything is a 100% ready to go. On one side they open the land quietly without advertising Gringotts to soak up as much money as possible through merch and food and beverage sales. On the other side you keep it closed until 100% to give it the total grand opening feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Please take this with a grain of salt as I feel Universal will figure it out but "months" was a term actually used. Granted it was in a time of heavy frustration but a term used regardless…

Oh nooooooo. Well hopefully they get it sorted out where as it isn't delayed too much. I wonder if they would still be using the "summer 2014" phrase if it could potentially be delayed further than that

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nooooooo. Well hopefully they get it sorted out where as it isn't delayed too much. I wonder if they would still be using the "summer 2014" phrase if it could potentially be delayed further than that

2itr5hw.jpg

:wave:

[link for hq]

A delay won't be the end of the world, I'd rather they have the ride up and running good instead of constantly breaking down the first few weeks.

Also a "Soft Opening" of Diagon Alley, and no GB or HE, seems perfectly fair to me. I guarantee most of the locals on this board would be pretty excited regardless. It memory serves did'nt Hogsmede soft open before FJ due to techincal issues? Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.