Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just want to add that I don't like to watch the actual show Fear Factor (and clearly most people don't considering it's no longer on the air), and I woudl have no interest in watching the stage show...please burn it down UNI.

It shouldn't be burned, the show should be changed. Wicked, perhaps? Anything except for outdated Fear Factor, even bringing back the old Wild West Show. There need to be sit-down shows for people to attend at the parks, they just need to change this one.

When I get Universal surveys, the only attraction that I give a negative to is Fear Factor. I even write a long explanation of how bad the show is...Does anyone like this show? I wonder how it does in internal surveys. Anyone know? .....Great news Teebin. Softs maybe at the end of May then.

I always imagined, since it's Diagon Alley, the opening, and thus the celebrity appearances, would be a little more action oriented. Universal does a good job of blowing out portions of walls to create "doors," (Disaster opening, Men In Black opening)so that's how I imagined it would go down. Didn't we see in pictures that the entrance into Diagon Alley was in the shape of a blasted out portion, anyway? To suggest a Dementor attack?

It's just a guess. I'd settle for them coming out the front door of Grimmauld Place, too!

-Andy

Both could be involved, maybe? :shrug: I'm just not so sure we're getting an in-character show like with the Transformers grand opening. For Hogsmeade's opening we saw the actors as themselves, since I'm sure it'd cost them big bucks to have them portray their characters. I guess we could have a mix of show with generic witch/wizard characters and then the stars come out, but I think it's more than likely we're gonna see something with just the stars for the ceremony.

I don't know, I'm going to stick with my gut and say that that door will be open to the public, maybe only during slower times. It would make a great "easter egg" for fans to be able to enter through the secret entrance into LC and then into the passage with the brick wall effect, since we know there is a doorway from LC into the passage. It just seems too perfect not to be the plan.

If I remember correctly, the Three Broomsticks has several side and back entrance/exits open to guests.

And on a slightly related note, does anyone think there will be any outdoor seating for the Leaky Cauldron? There doesn't appear to be a spot for it from anything we've seen, but nearly every other restaurant on property does. Just something I hadn't thought of before.

If I'm not mistaken, Leaky has an entrance to the food order queue, an exit from the dining room out to Diagon Alley (main street), and emergency exits out to London. I believe any other doors are TM access only (to kitchen and backstage).

There's definitely no space for outdoor seating. Who wants outdoor seating in Florida, anyways? :p Though, I gotta give it to The Three Broomsticks' patio, which has an amazing view and is quite nice to chill in, when the weather is not so hot.

This just in to me. The press setup (stages, cables, mic checks etc.) for the grand opening will begin on Monday, June 16.

So, giving themselves two days in case of equipment failure, eh? And to make sure everything goes off without a hitch on the 18th? :look:

My friend said wardrobe fittings are next week with some departments training that same week and training for pass sales begins May 5th. We are getting real close.

We are so close. I hope they officially announce an opening day soon, I intend to request off work so I can be there for the madness that will be opening day.

Speaking of which, as we get closer to opening day, I think it would be fantastic if we can get some expert advice on the best way to go about adventuring to USF for the grand opening. Such as what time to go, what to bring, and so on.

We are so close. I hope they officially announce an opening day soon, I intend to request off work so I can be there for the madness that will be opening day.

Speaking of which, as we get closer to opening day, I think it would be fantastic if we can get some expert advice on the best way to go about adventuring to USF for the grand opening. Such as what time to go, what to bring, and so on.

If its anything like 2010, I'd recommend getting to the garage around 4 or 5 in the morning and waiting for it to open. That was the only way a bunch of my friends got in the original opening day. If you got there anywhere past 9 or 10 am, you couldnt even have bothered.

Last edited:

Here's a great article from Parkscope, http://www.parkscope.net/2014/04/diagon-alley-opening-summer-2014-crowd.html

I'm going to get a room at Hard Rock for the night before, and going to get into City Walk/entrance to USF as early as possible.

If its anything like last year, I'd recommend getting to the garage around 4 or 5 in the morning and waiting for it to open. That was the only way a bunch of my friends got in the original opening day. If you got there anywhere past 9 or 10 am, you couldnt even have bothered.

Here's a great article from Parkscope, http://www.parkscope.net/2014/04/diagon-alley-opening-summer-2014-crowd.html

I'm going to get a room at Hard Rock for the night before, and going to get into City Walk/entrance to USF as early as possible.

Thanks for the help guys! Me and some CM friends are all going to try and get the day off and spend the day at USF. Mainly just for the experience, we don't really expect to accomplish too much in the park that day. So I'm assuming it is recommended to bring a lot of food and water? Or is it possible to buy things and get back in line?

My only comparison that I can think of is a concert festival where you can't leave your spot to get food or to use the bathroom or else you won't get close to finding your friends again. Is it anything like that?

I also wonder how early they'll allow people into CityWalk to queue up... I am tempted with crazy thoughts of also getting a room at one of the on-site hotels and trying to be one of the first in line for opening day... If I'm gonna do it at all, then better go all out, right? I imagine they'll probably sweep CityWalk at 2am the night before and allow some time for maintenance crews to come through before letting anyone back into CityWalk.

I got there at 5:30 AM for Hogsmeade and I was still at least 1500-2000 people back. My brother and I brought plenty of water and snacks, although they were selling food and refreshments along the line as well. This time around my friends and I are planning on staying on-site (hopefully) and split the cost of the hotel to be there as early as possible.

Last edited:
What twitter accounts and hash tags should I follow to know when soft openings are going on? I know they won't happen for a while still but I would like to preemptively start tracking it now. Thanks!

When I was staying at Royal Pacific once, my friend and I decided we wanted to be the first people to go into IOA. We took the side walk from Royal Pacific to City Walk, and the only people we saw were security guards on golf carts in front of Hard Rock Cafe, this was at 5am.
We were walking around the IOA entrance, and then one of the guards drove up to us and told us to go back to the hotel and that City Walk was still closed. We then just waited on the sidewalk by Margaritaville till 6am. Which I guess is when it normally opens.

Now on opening day, they will probably open City Walk much earlier. But I would assume that there will be lines to get into City Walk by the time it does open. So when they start letting people into City Walk, the people at the Hard Rock entry will be the first ones to the gate.

What about going the Monday after grand opening? Ofcourse, I'm not expecting a 30 minute wait or anything like that but just wanted to know if there is a difference with it being a week day and all...I mean I know people can and will take off work but I can't imagine too many people being able to have that luxury. Thoughts? Help? And do you think it will be uncomfortable to travel within Diagon? The streets are going to be narrower that usual(I think) and I just wonder if it will be to the point where your're just packed in like a sardine. I imagine Universal won't let something like that happen, not only is it uncomfortable and could potentially lead to bad service reviews but it could also be very dangerous with the heat and all...

What twitter accounts and hash tags should I follow to know when soft openings are going on? I know they won't happen for a while still but I would like to preemptively start tracking it now. Thanks!

#potterwatch, but that will probably give you more than just soft opening news.

What about going the Monday after grand opening? Ofcourse, I'm not expecting a 30 minute wait or anything like that but just wanted to know if there is a difference with it being a week day and all...I mean I know people can and will take off work but I can't imagine too many people being able to have that luxury. Thoughts? Help? And do you think it will be uncomfortable to travel within Diagon? The streets are going to be narrower that usual(I think) and I just wonder if it will be to the point where your're just packed in like a sardine. I imagine Universal won't let something like that happen, not only is it uncomfortable and could potentially lead to bad service reviews but it could also be very dangerous with the heat and all...

They'll be giving out return tickets so that this doesn't happen, like they did with Hogsmeade.

I also wonder how early they'll allow people into CityWalk to queue up... I am tempted with crazy thoughts of also getting a room at one of the on-site hotels and trying to be one of the first in line for opening day... If I'm gonna do it at all, then better go all out, right? I imagine they'll probably sweep CityWalk at 2am the night before and allow some time for maintenance crews to come through before letting anyone back into CityWalk.

Yeah I have these visions of doing it right and being one of the first and then I think I am crazy and tell my self no way. If a bunch of people on here are doing it, I may end up joining in, but I don't think I want to be in line by myself since as some pointed out, you need to use the restrooms and get food. And since someone has to watch my LO, my husband wouldn't be able to join me. I don't think I could talk any of my friends into this one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.