Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100_6822.jpg

Noticed this picture from amusement buzz yesterday... Looks like those two trees may not have survived the transplant...

That is very odd... very. They should have been root pruned and ready for the move over a year ago. I haven't seen a valley crest uniform on site this time around. Hmmm.

When will the dragon be put up?

10:44 am Friday. But if it rains, it will be installed at 1:53 pm. Otherwise, if the workers are grumpy, it will be installed on Mothers Day at 4:59 pm. It's very complicated...

Last edited:
The lamps look awesome! And that fountain! Great to see this sudden flurry of activity and the waterfront coming together so quickly.

Remember how quickly the Knight Bus went from the truck to fully installed? I wouldn't be surprised to see the fountain standing in place tomorrow.

I know it's been a while since we left behind the blueprints and idle speculation, but did anyone ever wonder about this large oblong structure along the embankment wall in front of KC?

Capture-EmbankmentOval_zps9bc7500e.png

Whatever it was, it looks like it may have been changed since it doesn't appear to be present. There was a time when I daydreamed that it might be something like this:

Embankment+6.jpg

I havent posted in awhile, but wanted to say thank you to all that are posting pictures and updates. It really keeps those outside the local area engaged. I appreciate it.

Observations from a few assets: The tanks on top of Gringotts are most likely compressed air tanks... they are not CO2 or Propane related. This makes sense as propane would never be stored so close to a guest area or attraction. The compressed air could be present for construction only or it may have some other intended purpose.

I am in a holding pattern regarding any delays with the Gringotts ride capacity issues... I will let you all know if I can :blank:

OK, if they have ride capacity issues with Gringotts and HE, this expansion is going to be a nightmare. It will not give a good image at all. I am hoping that they fix all their issues and that Gringotts has no capacity issues on opening day.

OK, if they have ride capacity issues with Gringotts and HE, this expansion is going to be a nightmare. It will not give a good image at all. I am hoping that they fix all their issues and that Gringotts has no capacity issues on opening day.

Right, but as you said, the question here is "IF".

On another note, two years ago when I discovered the Victoria Embankment on Google maps, I immediately asked those in the know who might manufacture the fancy lampposts. At the time, I was told about an Alabama company called Tuscumbia Iron Works. Their work does fit the bill! http://www.coblemetalworks.com/swan_street_lamp_post.html

They will push back the walls before softs begin. That is typical for anything like this. I mean look at the mine train. Walls came down and just some shrubs are blocking the entrance. It allows them to get the walls down and clean that area where the walls were. Then they just have to block entrances at that point.

I'm still hearing Gringotts issues are nothing to worry about, if there are any at all. HE has low capacity, but we all knew this going in. Gringotts was designed to have 2200-2400 people per hour. Even if them miss that number initially by a few hundred, the capacity will still be fine, and they'll tweak it continually to get it where it's supposed to be.

Thanks for posting those, Teebs!

I think the walls could come down first before any opening (soft or official), as they will have the fence all around the embankment to prevent people from getting close to anything.

I'm still hearing Gringotts issues are nothing to worry about, if there are any at all. HE has low capacity, but we all knew this going in. Gringotts was designed to have 2200-2400 people per hour. Even if them miss that number initially by a few hundred, the capacity will still be fine, and they'll tweak it continually to get it where it's supposed to be.

I always expected it to have similar capacity to that of mib. So that falls in line with my initial thought

Well hopefully your information is correct and whatever Teebin is hearing is just a worker a little stressed and ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.