Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great comparison Reel. I can't wait to see what else is inside; I didn't read the queue scene breakdown that was posted months back so I'm looking forward to each bit of the reveal!

Incredible.

Can't wait to see it in person. Some of the figures did see a bit stiff, but the last one was phenomenal. Wonder how early in the programming this was filmed.

Glad Uni has shifted back some really great AA's into their parks, so we can remove some of the inherent bias and just all agree AA's are the best. :ears: :look:

Anyone have any good ideas what music might be playing in the great hall? They have to have something to cover up the sounds of the servos and actuators making those critters move?

AAs look great but I would have prefered to see the use of 3D screens :doh:

Seiously though,They made a great job on these AAs. They look a little creepy at times and on the whole I like them just that something looks a little off but cant quite put my finger on it.

Teebs..

The flooring at CBBR has similar designs woven into some of its flooring, is it possible the same system was used in Gringotts. Maybe even the same team intalled them :shrug: just a thought and I am most likely way off.

Also...... on a scale of 1-5 (5 being very) how excited should we be regarding LOTR hint you posted earlier?

Last edited:
Anyone have any good ideas what music might be playing in the great hall? They have to have something to cover up the sounds of the servos and actuators making those critters move?

If somebody could leak a parts list or shop drawings of one of those, I'll love them forever.

I'm going to be in Disney from May 23-26 and going to universal on the 27th. I heard someone say that TM previews are going to be on the 25th? What do you all think the chances of Diagon Alley soft opening the 26th or 27th? I know softs usually happen after TM member previews! Also, expect pictures if I get in for softs! And regardless if I get in for softs or not I will try to take as many pictures as I can to post here, and by that time, the London facade and such should be pretty much done. If there's anything specific you all want to see a picture of, let me know and I will do my best to take it for you!

I'm going to be in Disney from May 23-26 and going to universal on the 27th. I heard someone say that TM previews are going to be on the 25th? What do you all think the chances of Diagon Alley soft opening the 26th or 27th? I know softs usually happen after TM member previews! Also, expect pictures if I get in for softs! And regardless if I get in for softs or not I will try to take as many pictures as I can to post here, and by that time, the London facade and such should be pretty much done. If there's anything specific you all want to see a picture of, let me know and I will do my best to take it for you!

Unfortunately I do not expect this to be open in any form to the general public before June 1st.

Unfortunately I do not expect this to be open in any form to the general public before June 1st.

So no chance of EPA soft openings for on-site guests May 28-31? Darn. Guess it's not to late to change my Royal Pacific reservation and visit Disney a couple of days instead.

So no chance of EPA soft openings for on-site guests May 28-31? Darn. Guess it's not to late to change my Royal Pacific reservation and visit Disney a couple of days instead.

Anything is possible. It's a crap shoot. But no one here will know when to expect it... The construction wall coming down will hark a soft at any given moment but even then it won't be a guarantee.

I'll definitely be there June the 1st as it is my daughters birthday, really hoping we can ride it for her birthday. But then, we go almost every week lol

there's a big ou team-only event happening tonight at hogsmeade:

http://www.uoteam.com/

Join Universal Creative for an Exclusive Event: Team Member Night at Hogsmeade™, Tonight (May 8) / 8:00pm-10:00pm UPDATED

Have you always wanted to hear straight from the creators of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™? Now’s your chance! Tomorrow (Thursday, May 8), return to the place that started it all for an exclusive Team Member-only event: Team Member Night at Hogsmeade™! Join members of the Universal Creative team for an entertaining and informative discussion about bringing The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ to life, from Hogsmeade™ to Diagon Alley™.
Led by Thierry Coup, Sr. Vice President of Universal Creative, panelists scheduled to appear include:

Michael DoQui – Senior Show Producer
Alan Gilmore - Supervising Art Director/Consultant (New!)
Eric Hunt – Creative Producer
Dale Mason – Vice President and Executive Art Director
Keith McVeen – Senior Production Designer
Katy Pacitti – Show Producer

Doors will open at the main Hogsmeade™ entrance at 8:00pm, with the panel discussion taking place at the Beauxbatons stage at 8:30pm. Throughout the event, Team Members can relive the excitement by experiencing Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey!™, shopping at Filch’s Emporium™ of Confiscated Goods, or grabbing a Butterbeer™ at a special Team Member discount!

Team Members may head towards the main entrance to Hogsmeade™ via the backstage entrances at The Lost Continent (next to Health Services) or Seuss Landing (next to IOASIS) as soon as the park is clear of guests. (Note: please do not enter through IOA's exit turnstiles since the park will still contain guests. Instead, use the aforementioned backstage locations. UPDATE: Team Members who are assigned to park in NPS will be permitted to enter via Gate 2 tomorrow evening for this special event.) You must present a valid UO ID to attend.
Note: This opportunity is for UO Team Members only and does not include guests, third party team members, or concessionaires.

Gilmore was recently added to that list. That means he's on site. That means things must be getting close or are getting approved. Some select TMs are also getting a walkthrough of Diagon tonight after work.

eta: I think its pretty rotten of them to charge TMs for Butterbeer at this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.