Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion of what the ride will be has left the building. What the ride is, is now upon us. I am still wondering who here thinks like me and will offer a review that I feel is reasonable to my way of thinking. Hmmmm.

The discussion of what the ride will be has left the building. What the ride is, is now upon us. I am still wondering who here thinks like me and will offer a review that I feel is reasonable to my way of thinking. Hmmmm.
Probably not.

But that's what makes you special.

I'm confused about the position of the dragon.
Both wings down, head down:
harry-potter-diagon-alley-artwork-universal-orlando-02-550x393.jpg

One wing down, one wing up, head down:
The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-Diagon-Alley-Rendering-tight-oi.jpg

Both wings up, head up (looks like the mechanism could fit in that):
Diagon.png

So does anyone know what the correct pose is going to be? I expect him not to animate the whole range, that would be to difficult to achieve. (pics taken from Orlando informer and this site)

So stupid question: why isn't a fire-breathing dragon on the roof of a building, in proximity to many other buildings, a fire-hazard on windy days?

So stupid question: why isn't a fire-breathing dragon on the roof of a building, in proximity to many other buildings, a fire-hazard on windy days?

He'll probably not breath fire on extremely windy days.

The building he is perched on is reinforced concrete, I remember everyone was wondering why that one was so much heartier than all the other facades.

OI has uploaded a good video of the dragon, and to the right of it are several anemometers (new word of the day!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPmxvo0oL-8&feature=youtu.be

Just realized, why is no one wearing 3D goggles in the latest Geingotts concept...?

Same reason why there are no queue lines, TMs, ride operation equipment, etc. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent a message to the photographer who took the pictures and he sent me the unedited versions of the concept art. Enjoy.
(Tip: Open the pictures in a new tab or save them for larger versions)

CarkitMarket2.png

If that concept art is accurate, it answers the question of what this thingie is on the blueprints. It's a drink stand.

fountaincropsection.jpg

Hogwarts Express could possibly beat out the wait times of this:dance: Just kidding we all know Hogwarts Express will draw much more of a crowd than a princess meet and greet:p
Anna-and-Elsa-wait-times-princess-fairytale-hall-fantasyland-deleted-187790826ce711296f06b04ab602efb1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If that concept art is accurate, it answers the question of what this thingie is on the blueprints. It's a drink stand.

fountaincropsection.jpg

Will this be a strictly ButterBeer drink stand?

BnRuf7QCcAEwNkX.jpg:large

I just noticed that the large windows at the far end of the station are completely false. The building backs up to a themed facade above the mysterious staircase next to gringotts. So, what trickery lies at the far end of this station I wonder... hmmm

BnRuf7QCcAEwNkX.jpg:large

I just noticed that the large windows at the far end of the station are completely false. The building backs up to a themed facade above the mysterious staircase next to gringotts. So, what trickery lies at the far end of this station I wonder... hmmm

Maybe they're still finishing up some construction and just put something temporary there to cover it up for the commercial shooting...?

- - - Updated - - -

I bet it will. They have a ton of queue in the building.

No doubt about it, it will have a line. And one of the longest lines in Universal history at that

Status
Not open for further replies.