Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 405 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might have been accessible... until I saw that one side had no railing. Feels like a missed opportunity for more retail space.

There is a rumor that the lack of accessibility might have been a bit of an issue with a certain author...

Speaking of issues. Did anyone notice whether or not the Gringott's interior columns were refinished.

Speaking of issues. Did anyone notice whether or not the Gringott's interior columns were refinished.

I had a feeling you would ask, so I made sure to look, touch, and knock some columns lol. And from what I can tell they were perfect, so they must have been refinished. It's definitely a print they put on them.

- - - Updated - - -

And another random question to add to the list: does anyone have a photo of the Fishy Green Ale?

I don't think I have a photo but basically it's a teal colored drink with like a darker blue layer at the bottom and a thick black straw. Didn't try it though, I had the orange fizzy drink which was really good. That has an orange slice with cinnamon on the rim.

I had a feeling you would ask, so I made sure to look, touch, and knock some columns lol. And from what I can tell they were perfect, so they must have been refinished. It's definitely a print they put on them.

In rumor, they were supposed to be stripped of the vinyl wrap and hand painted with a faux marble finish. I guess they are the same as ever and the vinyl wrap was never removed.

- - - Updated - - -

And another random question to add to the list: does anyone have a photo of the Fishy Green Ale?

There are many showing up on Google images. Here is one of the many I found there:

fishy-ale.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
There are many showing up on Google images. Here is one of the many I found there:

Very appetising! :cheers:

I guess the columns will be unimportant once the queue railings are in place and people can't wander freely anyway right? If they look just as good I don't see the problem.

The person who was being interviewed about the ride was very informative (Seth). However, the interviewers were very annoying. A podcast should be child-friendly, but it was filled with unnecessary swears (multiple uses of F***). Would not recommend to sensitive ears or small children. Should come with a warning! Thank you!

There was warning and some discussion on this when they first started doing the Podcasts again. Now Podcast does basically mean an audio show, I don't know where you would get that it implies it should be child-friendly. I like how it is just a conversation between them and I don't want them to start holding back. Maybe just a note that it is intended for adult audiences?

There was warning and some discussion on this when they first started doing the Podcasts again. Now Podcast does basically mean an audio show, I don't know where you would get that it implies it should be child-friendly. I like how it is just a conversation between them and I don't want them to start holding back. Maybe just a note that it is intended for adult audiences?

I pretty sure it was a spelling mistake and he meant "shouldn't".

Can anyone confirm whether Hogwarts Express has cabins you can park wheelchairs in so you can sit in it while you ride? I have a family member who can't transfer herself.

I love the podcast as it is, however, I can agree that isn't for young listeners. I subscribe to other podcasts that have language. In the listing in iTunes they have a RED E (for explicit). It's a simple checkbox that OU needs to select in the settings. That should be more than enough warning. It's the same Red E that you see in the music store when something has 'explicit' lyrics

I never made it through the first podcast. After a ton of GD's and MF's in the first five minutes, I shut it off. Kid friendly or not, I just didn't feel like hearing that. But, everyone has their tastes.

I agree. They should have an explicit warning at the beginning of the show saying that there will be adult language and listener discretion is advised. I was listening with my 8 year old cousin the other day, and was caught off guard when a bunch of bombs went off during the show. Talk about embarrassing! If there is a way to put an E next to it for "explicit" in iTunes, that would be good as well. I don't use iTunes though (I just clicked the link), so another warning during the beginning would be good. Thanks!

Ok, enough about the podcast! There's a podcast thread set up for each episode, go there to complain. The truth of the matter is this is a theme park forum. If you're old enough to post here, you should be able to handle a few curse words. Welcome to life, people curse. Don't listen with kids in the room, then again I'm pretty sure children have heard cursing before and most certainly will in the future. You don't watch Game of Thrones with a kid in the room, don't listen to the podcast with kids in the room. The end.

And in the words of Elsa,
tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

If you don't have a sense of humor your probably shouldn't be following half the theme park blogs and sites. TPR flat out says "If you do not have a sense of humor please to do not visit our website." Most bloggers are vulgar, they're not doing this as professionals. This is their hobby, and quite frankly, who are you to tell someone how to enjoy their hobby? If you want cool professionalism follow the news.

Please, let's not judge ourselves and keep our standards according to the infantile TPR :rolleyes:

Oh, I have opinions on TPR. Probably the same as yours. Just making a point of how bad it's gotten. When I was on the DisBoards, my signature was "too creepy" and I got a temp ban for it because some woman complained. Hence, my point of people trying to dictate forums.

I enjoy reading TPR, but participating...not so much. The minute you don't clarify that your statements contain some opinion there is someone ready to jump down your throat. Its as if you don't have hundreds or thousands of posts your're immediately discounted yet they claim you need a light personality to enjoy the site. I've seen some of the mods act wayyy more entitled/like they have a stick up their ass than the poster they are reprimanding.

Sorry to get off topic....Diagon looks to be everything and more. Gringott's being able to hold 4,000 people :confused: Hope it never comes to that!

My buddy wants to go January or February next year. Historically, how are the crowds right before Spring Break?

Status
Not open for further replies.