Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hardly understand sí. Had to google translate. I do not recall bathroom talk or leaked photos of that facade. Guess I lose!

That small #2 (no pun intended :lol:) is bathrooms. I think it was theme park insider that had a picture of the inside in progress but it was still pretty colorful.

Edit:

Found it http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201312/3807/

But looking at this again, that might not be that area.

HTF?

Last edited:
That small #2 (no pun intended :lol:) is bathrooms. I think it was theme park insider that had a picture of the inside in progress but it was still pretty colorful.

Edit:

HTF?

No no no my dear... It was shown just moments after that picture was posted that that is the left hand side of diagon just past the train bridge.

Edit:

HTF?

No no no my dear... It was shown just moments after that picture was posted that that is the left hand side of diagon just past the train bridge.

I surmised, correctly I think, after looking at the aerial photos that the image is horizontally flipped and shows a section on the back side of Ollivanders.

Link to post: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...n-Alley-Discussion-Part-2?p=350291#post350291

Reactions: Felipe
I surmised, correctly I think, after looking at the aerial photos that the image is horizontally flipped and shows a section on the back side of Ollivanders.

Ah yes, that is it... so not Diagon but not a bathroom either... chopper shots will prove that GGG had it right. I cannot believe you had the eye to flip that in your mind. Mercy.

Link to post: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...n-Alley-Discussion-Part-2?p=350291#post350291

Sharp eyes and mind! Thanks! :thumbs:

(Pic from ThemeParkInsider - flipped)

iBDgowoNxeOzm.jpg

ibbKZsoS9S1IGR.png

(Pic from BobWadd - cropped)

Last edited:
Did Teebin get his answer regarding the Grimmauld facade? I feel like a post or two is missing...

If you are referring to what the interior and rear exterior of Grimmauld will be, then no, I did not receive an answer.

I am not sure why the question is being ignored or what the coyness is all about...

It has been brought to my attention that Diagon's Ollivanders is the horror show I have worried about. It seems that everyone will have to walk off the street not into a shop, but a long queued hallway... a hallway that is right behind the windows of the "leaked" facade we talked about a page back. So, you will basically be in a Holiday Inn hallway walking past doors to rooms that may be occupied... You might have to walk past two show doors before arriving at the third door showroom.

I was hoping for a mechanical shop swap or at least something more clever than this Simpsons: The Ride style "go to your assigned room".

I would recommend taking the train back to Hogsmeade for a more authentic experience.

It has been brought to my attention that Diagon's Ollivanders is the horror show I have worried about. It seems that everyone will have to walk off the street not into a shop, but a long queued hallway... a hallway that is right behind the windows of the "leaked" facade we talked about a page back. So, you will basically be in a Holiday Inn hallway walking past doors to rooms that may be occupied... You might have to walk past two show doors before arriving at the third door showroom.

I was hoping for a mechanical shop swap or at least something more clever than this Simpsons: The Ride style "go to your assigned room".

I would recommend taking the train back to Hogsmeade for a more authentic experience.

So were you hoping for a Haunted Mansion type deal?

Hasn't HTF said multiple times that the guests will be completely unaware of there being multiple show rooms?

Yep... and I reserve judgement on that being the case now that I have seen an actual diagram. Right now all I see is a long hallway which has nothing to do with the books or movies.
Someone get HTF in here to clear all of this up.

I have faith in JK/WB/Uni that they wouldn't do something that would "ruin the magic" like that. I hope/believe that they'd do it right where you can't tell there are multiple rooms unless you know there are multiple rooms.

I have faith in JK/WB/Uni that they wouldn't do something that would "ruin the magic" like that. I hope/believe that they'd do it right where you can't tell there are multiple rooms unless you know there are multiple rooms.

Ditto. That's how I feel. The doors to the show rooms might not even look like doors; they might be disguised as more wand shelves. Even if they are shown as just doors, I think it could still look authentic. Either way, this layout should help make things more efficient in addition to keeping the areas authentically intimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.