Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are now handing out return time tickets so you don't have to wait in that line. And I heard from a tm walking by that gringos had an evacuation earlier. Probably why the line went from 350 to 450. I shed a tear walking in after the fireworks and then all the dragon staff lining the road clapping for us all.

I don't understand, if there is a 6 hour wait to get into Diagon, and then a 450 minute queue for Gringotts, I don't see how anyone now entering the park would be able to ride it by the end of the day, lol.

The line to get into Diagon is 2 hrs. They are giving return tickets for 4:30 and 7:30.

One of my favorite details that I found last night is at the Pin and Key Chain kiosk next to the mermaid statue. Look for the Chocolate Frog pin. It opens to reveal the frog but that's not the best part. Put it up to your nose and it smells like actual Chocolate! That's a detail that not a lot of people will ever notice but it's perfect!

:stunned: Someone buy that and put that on eBay so I can get one!

Awesome pics and videos really shows the buzz about the place. I am excited just looking via my laptop from the UK. Hope everyone lucky enough to be there is having a great time.

It is shopped. As of 15 minutes ago, it was back down to 350 minutes. That person just shopped the 7 from the 375 minute wait into the picture of the 450 minute wait.

Oh thank god, that was crazy.

They also shut the standby line to get into Diagon and have gone to return times only. What happens when those run out, Diagon is closed to guests?

Even the real time wait is unfathomable--I couldn't wait for that even if it was a real bank and giving out real money.

I take that back, depends on the amount. But definitely not for a theme park ride. Good luck to the folks out there.

Just saw a picture of Carkitt looking pretty empty (compared to earlier), so I'm not sure the queue can even be 450 minutes any more. I think they may be deliberately overestimating now in an attempt to slow down the rate of people joining the queue. Unfortunately no bloggers or tweeters are joining the queue now so we can't get someone to time beginning to end.

lol You can do movie marathons in line as well.

May be it's slowing down now because the standby to enter line is gone and the next wave of people will start entering soon for their return tickets.

It is shopped. As of 15 minutes ago, it was back down to 350 minutes. That person just shopped the 7 from the 375 minute wait into the picture of the 450 minute wait.

Oh that is real, It was that long as we were leaving Diagon.
Luckily I was in the first group that got in, so we only waited 45 mins to ride Gringots.

The crazy thing is, everything else was practically empty. We walked into Olivanders show with no wait.

Edit
Nevermind that is shopped, it was 450 when I left. (I saw the seven and thought 7 hours. which was how long it was.)

Last edited:
This was a very special view for those that were first through the wall:

BsB9KfxCQAAUKKI.jpg:large

No photo credit?

is the line actually that long or is it posted high to discourage people? Also, I haven't seen any pics from that outdoor extended queue everyone was complaining about a few weeks ago! Anyone see any?

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually pretty cool that a line could get that long and still not get backed up into the land!