Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

hs4H7

Last edited:
So people are saying that DA is the greatest themed land in the world. This is interesting to me as I think DisneySea is the best theme(d) park so far, been there twice before.

I plan to visit DA in August, and DisneySea in September.

I may do a specific comparison if people are interested.

^ yes please do. I do think it is the best themed land built. In terms of food and drink and merchandise combined with overall theming it's really something special. It has surely raised the bar for future expansions. I've never been to disney sea (very unfortunately), but front what I've experienced between florida and California I feel confident in saying it is 100 percent immersive. To the point of being inconvenient. My only complaint is there's not enough places to sit and relax to take it all in. (All though I understand why).

Disclaimer: I haven't experienced cars land

Sorry if this has been talked about, but is diagon alley supposed to be soft opening tomorrow, July 5th? I am going to drive to universal to go see it, but I want to make sure I'm not driving 3 hours for nothing. Thanks.

Sorry if this has been talked about, but is diagon alley supposed to be soft opening tomorrow, July 5th? I am going to drive to universal to go see it, but I want to make sure I'm not driving 3 hours for nothing. Thanks.
Everything but Gringott's should be open tomorrow.

Last edited:
^ yes make the trip! I'm a casual... Very casual potter fan, but this place, (even without gringotts) if you let yourself go, it can be intoxicating!

Last edited:
Question on the interactive wands. Are they passive RFID transponders powered or read by the sensors. Or,is there a battery in the wand that will some day run out? Sorry if this has been asked.

So with DA in softs and due to open fully in just a few a days I got to thinking just how long has this amazing new area been in the works.

We know that Phase 2 was rumoured way back in 2010 but do you think/know that this was all part of the original package that was pitched to JK and WB? Or was it an after thought once they realised what a massive impact Harry Potter was to have on the theme park world?

So with DA in softs and due to open fully in just a few a days I got to thinking just how long has this amazing new area been in the works.

We know that Phase 2 was rumoured way back in 2010 but do you think/know that this was all part of the original package that was pitched to JK and WB? Or was it an after thought once they realised what a massive impact Harry Potter was to have on the theme park world?
I know that this plan was in place as early as April 2008. So I would imagine it was part of the original pitch.

So.... I'm here! Got on Hogwarts Express it's open still, 10 minute wait. They're saying they don't think there will be soft opening in diagon alley today, but then someone else said it should start after 2 pm when hotel guest previews are done. According to him the hotel previews are at 12-2 pm. Just want to say, Hogwarts Express is cool, but in all honesty, it's just a transportation ride. It was a littl underwhelming because I was hearing people saying it was the best thing since sliced bread and I think that ruined it a little. I'm not trying to be a downer, trust me, I just don't see it something I would do on normal visits when lines will be crazy times. And this is coming from a HUGE Harry Potter fan. And I'm not saying don't do it, it's very cool just for me, I'm an annual pass holder and come every month so it's not something I will go crazy to do with long lines.

Last edited:
if it really isn't that mind blowing, then the HE will probably never get the crowds it needs to be a 60 min wait in the first place. And it you do have a park to park pass, I'd say a themed train ride is still a lot better then walking out of the park, into city walk, and back into another park.

I'm really surprised they are letting people eat and drink on this ride. I have a feeling these trains will get dirty rather quickly. Hopefully UOR is taking proper care of these trains.