Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

That's one of the best entertainment's in the park. Alene carries on a conversation with the goblin every time we pop in there. I don't even think it matters if they make money. It's a damn good attraction.

Indeed. But he refuses to take any position on whether a hot dog is a sandwich! :curse:

Muggles and such, my daughter has had more fun answering HE gatekeepers questions like 'why is everyone carrying these sticks around?'

This Saturday's Top Six story on Touring Plans is a ranking of the Top Six attractions at Universal according to Touring Plans guest satisfaction surveys. While it's not a true General Public rating, it's fairly close since most of TP's membership is there for trip planning purposes. In 2015, Touring Plans did an All Star panel rating of the Universal attractions. A few dozen of the most prominent writers, bloggers & observers of the Orlando theme park scene were represented, including Len Testa, Jim Hill, IU's very own, Hate to Fly (Andy). Two very interesting and fairly different lists, which kind of shows how ride ranking thought processes are when it comes to favorite attractions. Lots of surprises. .....

2017 TP Readers.........................2015 All Star Panel
1)Hogwart's Express..................1)Spider Man
2)Hulk........................................2)Forbidden Journey
3)Popeye & Bluto Bilge Rat......3)Gringotts
4)Spider Man............................4)Mummy
5)Gringotts................................5)Transformers
6)Forbidden Journey................6)Men In Black

Would love to know what the Universal Orlando internal guest surveys of their General Public are.
So, what do you guys & gals think of these results?

I know I've been to UNI enough to not be considered GP in this regard, but I do not get the list. I like the HE, but top spot?

Popeyes is fun, but Orlando has a winter, heck, last time I went to Disney, they seemed to have removed any chance of getting wet on splash mountain. When I see folks leaving drenched, I recall our first time, we do love the ride, but we plan when we will ride. Go to park in water cloths, hit the water rides (Popeye opens later than the others, but we've gone on early and had the whole raft want to go again and they've allowed that when the line was short).

I just don't get the list.

And Hulk being 2nd? Hows that skew with a lot of Disney fans?

Well, they think if they pick the Hulk, that will let Disney know they want Marvel moved from UNI to Disney so they can trash UNI more and maybe get a roller coaster built at Disney.

Muggles and such, my daughter has had more fun answering HE gatekeepers questions like 'why is everyone carrying these sticks around?'

I know I've been to UNI enough to not be considered GP in this regard, but I do not get the list. I like the HE, but top spot?

Popeyes is fun, but Orlando has a winter, heck, last time I went to Disney, they seemed to have removed any chance of getting wet on splash mountain. When I see folks leaving drenched, I recall our first time, we do love the ride, but we plan when we will ride. Go to park in water cloths, hit the water rides (Popeye opens later than the others, but we've gone on early and had the whole raft want to go again and they've allowed that when the line was short).

I just don't get the list.

Well, they think if they pick the Hulk, that will let Disney know they want Marvel moved from UNI to Disney so they can trash UNI more and maybe get a roller coaster built at Disney.
Yes, as I said in a later post, my personal list would be different.But that list is basically a compilation of Touring Plans guest satisfaction ratings, not a list that people actually ranked their top six rides individually. ... But the popularity of Popeye says something about the people that always want to tear that land down. Dudley is very popular too, with long lines just about always. Those are two pretty popular attractions.

I can see HE being really popular on a satisfaction list. It's massive wish fulfillment, unique park-to-park transportation, and relaxing.

My favorite ride at Magic Kingdom is Tomorrowland Transit Authority. It's never a disappointment.
Good points. Over at Theme Park Insider it's also considered one of the top Universal attractions in their reader rankings. I like the TTA also, but probably not in my top tier. Love Splash Mt. at MK. My favorite Disney ride....This all just shows that different people have different tastes. Gotta be tough for UC & Disney Imagineers to figure out what people really want. Thus, you get surprises like Fallon's Race Through NY.

Has anyone else noticed that the rock work on the physical sets versus the rock that's seen on the screen are totally different shades. The real stalagmites are orange/ brown like in the original movie, but the one that you see on the screen is grayish/ blue as seen in the final movies.

I couldn't upload a picture of the screen scene that comes right after the first picture but if you see the video it's obvious they are totally different shades. It's not he ca,era lighting, I always see it when I'm riding it. I don't know if they did it just because idk? Has anyone else noticed this.

Has anyone else noticed that the rock work on the physical sets versus the rock that's seen on the screen are totally different shades. The real stalagmites are orange/ brown like in the original movie, but the one that you see on the screen is grayish/ blue as seen in the final movies.

I couldn't upload a picture of the screen scene that comes right after the first picture but if you see the video it's obvious they are totally different shades. It's not he ca,era lighting, I always see it when I'm riding it. I don't know if they did it just because idk? Has anyone else noticed this.

Yes, I have noticed. It is kind of odd. It's like the difference in Sandstone and granite.

Can we talk about the days this used to have 300 + minute wait times...