Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seeing the circus show concept art, it was a smart choice for this land.

Gringott, FJ and Hagrid's all have decent height requirements ... so this gives younger kids a highly themed WW attraction.

Reactions: Clive
Chatted with a few folks who aren't following the Epic news -- but they had questions when they saw the headlines about a new Wizarding World. Many still don't realize Diagon Alley exists (or that it's in a separate park). Some were concerned this meant they were getting rid of the original Wizarding World build. Upon explaining the breakdown, a frequent reaction I got was "when did we see Wizarding World Paris...?" followed by "I thought the Ministry of Magic was in London?"

At the end of the day, if the area looks great (and by all accounts it will), this won't necessarily matter... but good to remind ourselves of how the general public sees and reacts to this news, at least anecdotally.

I know it's a lot of Potter....but I've always said, "There's no such thing as too much Potter"...Before 2010, I didn't even know Potter existed. Never heard of him. Never read the books. Never watched a movie. In 2004 I spent one day at Universal Studios while on a business trip. The other theme park days were Disney. Studios was OK, but I actually preferred BGW, when Busch still owned them, over Universal Studios. In 2010 I saw the Potter opening when I was still a fan of Theme Park Insider. It intrigued me, so on our 2011 long trip to WDW, I squeezed in 6 days for Universal since Portofino looked like such a great resort, and I was curious about the Potter phenomena. I was blown away by Hogsmeade and especially the queue and ride of FJ. Portofino was even greater than I expected, and that's when we fell in love with Universal and the leisurely vacation that came with its no planning needed and close to everything layout. After that, it was usually two trips of 10 to 14 days each to Universal every year, mostly Portofino, but sometimes the other hotels for a change. When Diagon opened we spent almost every Studios moment in Diagon when we went in September of the year it opened. I've still never read the books, but I have caught all the films. But most of all I just supremely enjoy what UC has done with the IP. Even this past March, we still discovered small stuff in Diagon that we haven't noticed before. So, even though Epic will be Potters third Universal Orlando reincarnation, I'm really looking forward to experiencing the new land....which is looking like it might even be better than Diagon and Hogsmeade, which I consider the best two theme park lands anywhere.

Reactions: mccgavin
I know it's a lot of Potter....but I've always said, "There's no such thing as too much Potter"...Before 2010, I didn't even know Potter existed. Never heard of him. Never read the books. Never watched a movie. In 2004 I spent one day at Universal Studios while on a business trip. The other theme park days were Disney. Studios was OK, but I actually preferred BGW, when Busch still owned them, over Universal Studios. In 2010 I saw the Potter opening when I was still a fan of Theme Park Insider. It intrigued me, so on our 2011 long trip to WDW, I squeezed in 6 days for Universal since Portofino looked like such a great resort, and I was curious about the Potter phenomena. I was blown away by Hogsmeade and especially the queue and ride of FJ. Portofino was even greater than I expected, and that's when we fell in love with Universal and the leisurely vacation that came with its no planning needed and close to everything layout. After that, it was usually two trips of 10 to 14 days each to Universal every year, mostly Portofino, but sometimes the other hotels for a change. When Diagon opened we spent almost every Studios moment in Diagon when we went in September of the year it opened. I've still never read the books, but I have caught all the films. But most of all I just supremely enjoy what UC has done with the IP. Even this past March, we still discovered small stuff in Diagon that we haven't noticed before. So, even though Epic will be Potters third Universal Orlando reincarnation, I'm really looking forward to experiencing the new land....which is looking like it might even be better than Diagon and Hogsmeade, which I consider the best two theme park lands anywhere.
I get not knowing the story details but how did you miss Harry Potter in general? It was a huge pop culture thing…

I get not knowing the story details but how did you miss Harry Potter in general? It was a huge pop culture thing…
Never really into pop culture that's not of my age era. :D :). Different age groups are quite often unfamiliar with stuff that a younger group is into to. And I'm not into the occult, horror and that sort. One reason I have little interest in HHN houses, though the street atmosphere was interesting and OK before the overcrowding came. But the houses do nothing for me and my wife.

Last edited: