Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wolfgang Puck Express closed?`

Feb 9, 2009
The Daily Bugle
So apparently Wolfgang Puck Express abruptly closed and all the signage, etc. is gone. From what I read online, the company has not come out and admitted it's permanent and maintain it is only temporary. Has anyone heard anything? It would be really disappointing if true, it's one of our favorite places at Disney Springs and one of the few cheaper options.

This is some of the best pizza I have ever had and for sure the best in orlando. I think some of the dis unplugged people felt the same. An absolute must do on vacation.The prices have crept up over the years but it still felt like the same type of food a premium full service restaurant would charge a lot more for.

I really wish more restaurants adopted this format. It seemed like a great way to increase efficiency and keep prices lower while making the quality and experience high. Honestly more disappointed about this than some ride closures in the past.

So, so bummed to (potentially) lose this one. Consistently good food, good service, and reasonably priced. I’ll definitely miss it.

i think it’s not an unreasonable assumption to make that Blaze and the Pizza place connected to Maria & Enzo’s probably played a large role in this going away.

I never realized Wolfgang Puck Express had pizza or had exceptionally good pizza.

I'm very much not surprised this closed. Wolfgang Puck doesn't feel like the draw he once was.

i think it’s not an unreasonable assumption to make that Blaze and the Pizza place connected to Maria & Enzo’s probably played a large role in this going away.

Agreed, but I also think it’s the entire shift of crowds seemingly more concentrated to the newer Springs area. Instead of the way it was before the Springs section (and their restaurants) were built, when the resort buses used to pick up/drop off back there.

Agreed, but I also think it’s the entire shift of crowds seemingly more concentrated to the newer Springs area. Instead of the way it was before the Springs section (and their restaurants) were built, when the resort buses used to pick up/drop off back there.
The last time I went to the Springs (pre-covid), the vast, vast majority of crowds were in the newer Springs section.

The West End was never that popular, but I had never seen it so dead before!

The last time I went to the Springs (pre-covid), the vast, vast majority of crowds were in the newer Springs section.

The West End was never that popular, but I had never seen it so dead before!
The West Side was very busy when I was there just the other night. It’s the far side of the Marketplace that is often dead.

It’s the far side of the Marketplace that is often dead.

Yep, and at least recently they’ve had the Tree Trail to give that area an extra boost this time of year, but now that’s gone too-I’m imagining it’s probably much worse financially past World of Disney now.

Wolfgang Express had much more than just pizza though. They had a very wide variety of menu options and always seemed packed. Another weird business decision I don't understand.

Yep, and at least recently they’ve had the Tree Trail to give that area an extra boost this time of year, but now that’s gone too-I’m imagining it’s probably much worse financially past World of Disney now.
I believe the trees from the tree trail are at Give Kids the World this year. Disney donated them for their holiday event along with lights. I don't think the tree trail would've worked with distancing this year anyway.

They do definitely need to have a big draw on that far side. The farthest people go is World of Disney and then they turn around. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Earl of Sandwich relocates to the more populous end of DS sooner rather than later because their business has to be down as well.

I never realized Wolfgang Puck Express had pizza or had exceptionally good pizza.

I'm very much not surprised this closed. Wolfgang Puck doesn't feel like the draw he once was.
Places attached to named chefs usually fail eventually because they are reliant on an overpriced product to sell off someone who is no longer popular. The food here would be good regardless of name and although it wasn't the cheapest it was still a good value for the quality and always seemed popular when I went there. Also the other wolfgang puck in disney springs that gets trashed as a bad value is still open. I wouldn't go to the blaze pizza for less money over this. It is not nearly as good.

Anyone know if the space is still empty or if anything is going in its place?
It is still vacant.

I see there was some conversation around pizza competition - the main reason for this closing was that it went from prime real estate to terrible real estate. Moving parking over to the garages and the addition of a ton of food closer to the garages turned this from a constant line to a ghost town. Super sad.

It is still vacant.

I see there was some conversation around pizza competition - the main reason for this closing was that it went from prime real estate to terrible real estate. Moving parking over to the garages and the addition of a ton of food closer to the garages turned this from a constant line to a ghost town. Super sad.

Very sad. It was our favorite place to eat there. I guess it will just become retail space?

Very sad. It was our favorite place to eat there. I guess it will just become retail space?
I think it’s a tough sell to a tenant even as retail space - there’s obviously been a huge decrease in foot traffic in that area once the garages shifted people to the west. I don’t even know if people can get to it from the old bus stop side because of the way they have security set up for people waking from Saratoga.

If it turns into anything, my money would be on storage space.