Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

I honestly hate the Stitch attraction. I would put it up there with my hatred for the Shrek attraction. Good IP's, bad attractions. So at this point I'm all up for anything replacing it.

There's a false equivalency that going seasonal means it'll be replaced is what he's getting at.
I understand that. Everyone thought CoP was going to close years ago because it went seasonal. Yet here we are, over 10 years later, still talking about laser disks and car phones...

post-28201-stop-dont-come-back-Wonka-gif-IqTQ.gif

I wouldn't take this as a 100% confirmation the ride is coming because Disney loves cutting the budget when they can, but I do wonder if it'll only operate one theater when it returns.

Just some corporate conspiracy thoughts:

The two big players in VR right now are Facebook (Oculus) and Google (Daydream, Cardboard). The COO of Facebook sits on Disney's board. That means that Disney could get a sweetheart deal with Oculus without relying on a 3rd party VR company that uses its own hardware + platform that wouldn't match Oculus.

Just some corporate conspiracy thoughts:

The two big players in VR right now are Facebook (Oculus) and Google (Daydream, Cardboard). The COO of Facebook sits on Disney's board. That means that Disney could get a sweetheart deal with Oculus without relying on a 3rd party VR company that uses its own hardware + platform that wouldn't match Oculus.

Uh Google is NOT a big player in VR. It's Oculus, HTC/Valve, and could also include Sony soon.

Google's sold more VR headsets than all of them combined. Cardboard is the closest to VR that most people have access to.

I'd say Cardboard is what most people are prepared to pay for what is mainly seen as a gimmick currently. I think after 3DTVs, people aren't as prepared to jump on the technology bandwagon so quickly again.

Reactions: Ash