Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Yearly 150 mill Investment for UOR

DAK beat Hollywood Studios. :lol:

The fact that Islands of Adventure showed a 29% increase in attendance is just ridiculous.

I feel like Ocean Park Water Adventure's statistics have to be inflated... :inquisitive:

DAK beat DHS last year as well. I'm really surprised, too. Star Tours really didn't seem to help DHS at all.

IoA's jump is indeed ridiculous. Even if it grows 1/2 as much next year it will be closing in on DHS and DAK's atttendance. And once USF opens its Potter area, UOR is going to be a serious force to be reckoned with.

Ocean Park was the first theme park in the Hong Kong area, and has been around for decades if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the numbers are legit.

IOA also beat DCA.

Not for long, I would wager.

DAK beat Hollywood Studios. :lol:

The fact that Islands of Adventure showed a 29% increase in attendance is just ridiculous.

I feel like Ocean Park Water Adventure's statistics have to be inflated... :inquisitive:

DAK beat DHS last year as well. I'm really surprised, too. Star Tours really didn't seem to help DHS at all.

IoA's jump is indeed ridiculous. Even if it grows 1/2 as much next year it will be closing in on DHS and DAK's atttendance. And once USF opens its Potter area, UOR is going to be a serious force to be reckoned with.

Ocean Park was the first theme park in the Hong Kong area, and has been around for decades if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure the numbers are legit.

EDIT: Nevermind, you were talking about the water park. D'oh.

IOA also beat DCA.

Not for long, I would wager.

Last edited:
You would think Islands' huge attendance jump would help USF increase more than 2%.

You would think Islands' huge attendance jump would help USF increase more than 2%.

I'm not all that surprised. What would make people wanna leave IOA? Despicable Me might be a little bit a of bigger boast, but I don't think you're gonna see large gains until Potter opens in the Studios.

Yeah, I'm not surprised about the Studios, either. It's always signifcantly less crowded than IOA every time I visit. Of course, a few years from now, that certainly won't be the case anymore...

Yeah, I'm not surprised about the Studios, either. It's always signifcantly less crowded than IOA every time I visit. Of course, a few years from now, that certainly won't be the case anymore...

The next 4-5 years should be staggering development wise. Comcast and Uni have seen these numbers. They know what Potter can do, and from the sounds of things they know they need more stuff to distribute crowds in the parks. I can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeves (for both parks) to do that. And to be honest, I'm getting a little impatient as well.:lol:

I know I'm not the only one who has thought about it but nobody has mentioned it. Please beef up the HHN budget, last year was a step in the right direction but for something that makes them so much money in Q3 and Q4 it's budget should be expanded.

I liked Nightmaze.:p

I liked the idea, it got good scares... but seriously, rolling fences? They could have done the same thing with a more menacing material. I remember walking through the morning of Opening Night and wondering why they hadn't finished the street...

I liked the idea, it got good scares... but seriously, rolling fences? They could have done the same thing with a more menacing material. I remember walking through the morning of Opening Night and wondering why they hadn't finished the street...
Because they put the money in the houses, thats what our tour guides told us anyway.
I don't see them budgeting anymore money for HHNs... they don't have to.