Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
20u7qy.gif

While I do get it for copyright, safety, guest experience purposes… I do wish Universal would relax on the no filming a little bit.

While I do get it for copyright, safety, guest experience purposes… I do wish Universal would relax on the no filming a little bit.
I can see where it becomes a problem though, especially on the types of rides where a dropped phone can shut it down for a bit. On the last vacation, though it was WDW in that case, Mickey & Minnie RR got shut down on two rides we were on because people dropped their phones on the ride route. And, a policy wouldn't work well that wasn't an overall policy. It would confuse most of the GP if phone use was allowed on some rides, but not all. Plus I don't want to be on a ride where people in front of me had their phones blocking my vision because they wanted to film or photo every segment. Bottom line, GP phone filming doesn't belong on a ride. Let the professionals do a good video, either the park owner, or the media when the park's allow it. Plus a filmed segment doesn't come close to recreating the actual ride experience. People put too much emphasis on those You Tube videos, and judge rides totality prematurely.

I can see where it becomes a problem though, especially on the types of rides where a dropped phone can shut it down for a bit. On the last vacation, though it was WDW in that case, Mickey & Minnie RR got shut down on two rides we were on because people dropped their phones on the ride route. And, a policy wouldn't work well that wasn't an overall policy. It would confuse most of the GP if phone use was allowed on some rides, but not all. Plus I don't want to be on a ride where people in front of me had their phones blocking my vision because they wanted to film or photo every segment. Bottom line, GP phone filming doesn't belong on a ride. Let the professionals do a good video, either the park owner, or the media when the park's allow it. Plus a filmed segment doesn't come close to recreating the actual ride experience. People put too much emphasis on those You Tube videos, and judge rides totality prematurely.
I don’t even disagree with any of this, I just sometimes want a picture on the ride.

Well I am happy to report the ride looks in great shape. The Ultrasaur especially looks good, with full movement. The only issue was the raptor at the top of the lift hill with kinda jerky movement. Otherwise, all effects were working (including the raptor cage and Hadrosaur).

Well I am happy to report the ride looks in great shape. The Ultrasaur especially looks good, with full movement. The only issue was the raptor at the top of the lift hill with kinda jerky movement. Otherwise, all effects were working (including the raptor cage and Hadrosaur).
Excellent news. I love that attraction, especially when the gates open with the reveal and the music. Kudos to mgt. for making it happen.

Honestly, still looks pretty bad to me, but I've never really thought it looked good. Guessing they had to do a complete rebuild ala some of the ET animatronics.
If the Ultrasaurus says your name and goodbye, as you enter through the gates, we'll know that they borrowed left over ET redo parts when they rebuilt it. ;) :)....No matter the shape it's in, I greatly prefer this entrance over the entrance scene at Hollywood JP. I can live with a little crook in the neck.

I just wish they'd bring over the JW redo and put this scene out of its misery. It's never really looked good.

Either that or redesign the screen so it's some triceratops drinking at the lagoon or something. Needs a change.

Or add the baby ultrasaur like USH used to have. That helped mask the limited range of motion from the mother ultrasaur by diverting attention somewhat.

Let's be real - none of that's going to happen - but at least the animatronic is back.