Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd imagine next year is a bit more complicated with Epic Universe announcements in the way.
At one point the EU preview center was rumored to be opening early summer (June?) so if that’s still the case I’d imagine they’d want everything announced by May which would conveniently be right around when HHN announcements have started the past few years so maybe there won’t be all that much overlap announcement wise?

At one point the EU preview center was rumored to be opening early summer (June?) so if that’s still the case I’d imagine they’d want everything announced by May which would conveniently be right around when HHN announcements have started the past few years so maybe there won’t be all that much overlap announcement wise?
Nah, if anything they'll hold their cards until July. Except for dates and tickets, it seems like HHN has settled with July being their go-to month for announcements. While I don't like how late they announce things (wish we could get individual reveals with additional story elements), I'd imagine they don't see the need to announce earlier.

Universal is playing a careful game next year since they don't want to push people away from visiting in 2024.

Nah, if anything they'll hold their cards until July. Except for dates and tickets, it seems like HHN has settled with July being their go-to month for announcements. While I don't like how late they announce things (wish we could get individual reveals with additional story elements), I'd imagine they don't see the need to announce earlier.

Universal is playing a careful game next year since they don't want to push people away from visiting in 2024.
So far it's working pretty good :lmao:. Out of state GP tourists generally don't know the park (Epic) will exist.

I'm expecting the first house announcement to come mid to late June. Which would lead to July and August being the prime time for HHN announcements.

Universal can announce the Epic Universe lands in January, April, and May. That way, the announcements don't overlap with Mardi Gras and HHN. Plus, the Epic Universe preview center can open without anything overshadowing it.

I wouldn't expect any change to the usual first announcement. Whether that comes in March or April, who knows...

Now as far as the rest of the news? That depends on how they want to handle Epic's rollout but I know that's not the only thing they plan on announcing next year so... It's gonna be a fun year for the parks!

So far it's working pretty good :lmao:. Out of state GP tourists generally don't know the park (Epic) will exist.
Hahaha, so true. I was speaking with a co-worker about the tickets we were getting the kids for Christmas and that I will probably keep for 2 years because of Epic. They just thought a new Nintendo land was being added to Universal :lol:

Hahaha, so true. I was speaking with a co-worker about the tickets we were getting the kids for Christmas and that I will probably keep for 2 years because of Epic. They just thought a new Nintendo land was being added to Universal :lol:
I saw a post about it on a horror FB group I'm in, and someone referred to the concept art as "a large expansion to Universal Studios Florida, with a Monsters land being a part of it"

I wouldn't expect any change to the usual first announcement. Whether that comes in March or April, who knows...

Now as far as the rest of the news? That depends on how they want to handle Epic's rollout but I know that's not the only thing they plan on announcing next year so... It's gonna be a fun year for the parks!

Quick aside, was Chucky being announced so early the reason why the rest of 2023's announcements came so late?

Reactions: Ahmanet

Wow, I forgot, the next few months we're looking at:
  • CineSational & Mega Movie Parade
  • 3 New Onsite Hotels (re-confirmation lol)
  • Epic Universe

Wow, I forgot, the next few months we're looking at:
  • CineSational & Mega Movie Parade
  • 3 New Onsite Hotels (re-confirmation lol)
  • Epic Universe
They also have to announce Dreamworks opening in 2024.

I expect HHN dates in March, likely with an IP.
April and May will be packed with Dreamworks/Parade/Show announcements.
June - EU Preview Center and hotels.
July - HHN

Most people don’t plan travel more than 30-60 days out. Announcing HHN dates so early is for people who are likely already attending, regardless of what’s at the event. Announcing closer to the actual event grabs the attention of the majority of people who are open to planning Sept/Oct travel.

They also have to announce Dreamworks opening in 2024.

I expect HHN dates in March, likely with an IP.
April and May will be packed with Dreamworks/Parade/Show announcements.
June - EU Preview Center and hotels.
July - HHN

Most people don’t plan travel more than 30-60 days out. Announcing HHN dates so early is for people who are likely already attending, regardless of what’s at the event. Announcing closer to the actual event grabs the attention of the majority of people who are open to planning Sept/Oct travel.
Do people not really plan further out? I always seem to plan further out and so do many of my friends. I mean sure I have some last minute plans or I have a time period I know I will do something but can't get it scheduled until closer. But majority of time my vacations are planned in advance.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Mad Dog
Do people not really plan further out? I always seem to plan further out and so do many of my friends. I mean sure I have some last minute plans or I have a time period I know I will do something but can't get it scheduled until closer. But majority of time my vacations are planned in advance.
Typically people book their travel fewer than four months in advance. They might be planning on traveling or thinking about traveling, but accommodation bookings are typically made closer to travel. As a Planner, that is absolutely wild to me.

Typically people book their travel fewer than four months in advance. They might be planning on traveling or thinking about traveling, but accommodation bookings are typically made closer to travel. As a Planner, that is absolutely wild to me.

I also think it's fair to suggest that the people on a theme park enthusiast forum may be more likely to plan their leisure travel further out than the average person.

I also think it's fair to suggest that the people on a theme park enthusiast forum may be more likely to plan their leisure travel further out than the average person.
And this is one of the challenges of speculation: “fandom” overlaid with friend groups. Friend groups form based on shared interests and commonalities, which are often their fandoms. So, from an anecdotal perspective, “all your friends” will like something or do something in a manner very similar to you (like, planning a trip to a theme park). This is where the “But all my friends like [small market IP]” arguments come from. But friend groups are not everyone and fandoms are not the majority. Businesses (like Universal) will make decisions that hew towards broader behaviors.

I’ll put it this way, my wife and I have traveled a good bit over the last couple of years. She’s a planner, but doesn’t really do fandoms. Most of our trips were discussed about 4-5 months out. Most were booked 2-3 months out. None more than 100 days out. Since we’ll be back in the US next year, I mentioned a trip to HHN in Orlando and she literally grimaced like I was insane at the idea I was trying to plan something so far out.

What fans do isn’t the norm.

And this is one of the challenges of speculation: “fandom” overlaid with friend groups. Friend groups form based on shared interests and commonalities, which are often their fandoms. So, from an anecdotal perspective, “all your friends” will like something or do something in a manner very similar to you (like, planning a trip to a theme park). This is where the “But all my friends like [small market IP]” arguments come from. But friend groups are not everyone and fandoms are not the majority. Businesses (like Universal) will make decisions that hew towards broader behaviors.

I’ll put it this way, my wife and I have traveled a good bit over the last couple of years. She’s a planner, but doesn’t really do fandoms. Most of our trips were discussed about 4-5 months out. Most were booked 2-3 months out. None more than 100 days out. Since we’ll be back in the US next year, I mentioned a trip to HHN in Orlando and she literally grimaced like I was insane at the idea I was trying to plan something so far out.

What fans do isn’t the norm.

Yeah, I hear so often the importance of appealing to your fanbase but my years of park fandom have unfortunately taught me the exact opposite.

Reactions: Ahmanet and TableYe