Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm actually pretty bummed about this. The Sprungs are locations that have finally become home to houses which use their space well- be it the tight, packed in spaces of Oddfellow and Puppet Theatre, or the impressive sets of DoD and WG. They've impressed me recently just as much (and sometimes more) than any Soundstage house. I'll be disappointed to see these go, but I understand they have their reasons. Not to mention, this could mark the end of outdoor facades unless they return to Parades (but we haven't seen them since 2018)! Goodbye Sprungs, I'll miss you :(

The writing was on the wall once the propensity of the ingress/egress areas to flood drove them to build all sorts of elevated walkway solutions that either did nothing or cost a ton of money or created queues to exit. There’s obviously extra safety-related boxes they have to check that have made two houses in two tents a huge hassle. And more dedicated warehouse space can’t hurt.

The writing was on the wall once the propensity of the ingress/egress areas to flood drove them to build all sorts of elevated walkway solutions that either did nothing or cost a ton of money or created queues to exit. There’s obviously extra safety-related boxes they have to check that have made two houses in two tents a huge hassle. And more dedicated warehouse space can’t hurt.
That and the quite dangerous/annoying exit path that was way too small to accommodate the demand it needed to.

I am curious where exactly this new building will be located exactly, and how it could effect not just HHN, but any expansion into that area for USF park generally. Conversation for a different thread though, I imagine.

Also curious on how many houses might end up fitting back here once it's all been built out.

That location would also allow for them to keep the MiB Tent + Freestyle Building queue entrances they've got now. I wonder if they'd want to build it to be able to support three houses instead of just two in order to properly replace the MiB Tent/FnF location. Just throwing thoughts at the wall at this point though, we won't know until more plans are revealed, stuff is actually getting built, or someone in the know feels like dropping in. Still very interesting developments for the event regardless!

Also makes room for Pokemon when Simpsons closes.

Also makes room for Pokemon when Simpsons closes.
I mean, that's the dream! :love:

If everything goes as I hope it does, this building is built in a way that allows it to support HHN as much as possible, while still allowing for sizable, necessary Diagon Alley-tier expansion to happen in that area. HHN is big enough that it clearly deserves a spot in the conversation of expansion, but I'd hate for it to explicitly get in the way of it.

Something like this would be pretty cool. This would only be possible if the plot of land the Sprungs are on isn't used for park expansion and pathways are widened/reworked to accommodate traffic coming in and out.

View attachment 20272

That is the dream. While Universal has facilities/space near the Hollywood section of the park to service crowds... there are no houses back there to move people there. Everyone is clustered in that back corner of NY/Fallon and then MIB/FFL. They need to expand food offerings into this area of the park and expand the footprint available for the event. That area in front of the MIB restrooms is too small to accommodate crowds/bars today.

So you'd have three parade building houses? You'd still be down a house, so where would the final location be?

(Not planning on attending next year but this sort of talk is just too interesting.)

Figured I'd throw a bit more into it. Very professional, I know!

Gray = building
Red = entrance and queue at MIB
Green = entrance and queue at Freestyle
Blue = exit for both houses

Green would obviously have a few switchbacks, but.. yeah. Rough prediction!
20231220_075723.jpg