Universal Great Britain | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve got some bad news for you about where about one-third of turnstile clicks at those places I mentioned comes from… and I specifically left out Disneyland because that news would be even worse.

I’ve never seen a single online discussion about sales channels, which is the engine behind any of these places making any sort of profit.

Let me guess? Overseas tourists, right? Now, if only there was a City within 30-45 mins train journey and motorway access nearby that was also a global tourist destination, that the Park could entice those overseas tourists from. Or perhaps they would need a brand and IP strong enough to entice more of those lovely overseas tourists, y'know something like that Park in Florida with that wizard Ip people love so much or maybe that Fantasy IP that's just as popular or maybe a videogame company IP... Nah, those are just wishful thinkings.

Reactions: Mike S
I’ve got some bad news for you about where about one-third of turnstile clicks at those places I mentioned comes from… and I specifically left out Disneyland because that news would be even worse.

I’ve never seen a single online discussion about sales channels, which is the engine behind any of these places making any sort of profit.
I'm finding travel time hard to calculate, but based on Population around a point the graph below is how population within Xkm of Bedford (orange) and Orlando (blue) Universal sites stack up. Orlando has more people close to it with a crossover point at about 45km (25 miles) - there are about equal population within 25 miles of each. Beyond 25 miles, the population around Bedford absolutely annihalates that around Orlando with 22 million within 60 miles of the Bedford proposed site vs only 5 million within 60 miles of the Orlando site.

Don't forget that the population density of the South East of England is massive - England as a whole has about a sixth the population of the states in an area less than the size of many single states.

1703715281205.png

Everybody play nice, please. Thanks y’all!
Frankly, the level of shouting people down, non-sequitors, and general aggression that’s been allowed in this thread is atypical for here. I’ve had respectful disagreements here but this is a yikes.

Definitely a very specific agenda being pushed knowing that this thread is being watched.

Frankly, the level of shouting people down, non-sequitors, and general aggression that’s been allowed in this thread is atypical for here. I’ve had respectful disagreements here but this is a yikes.

Definitely a very specific agenda being pushed knowing that this thread is being watched.
I agree to a point. Earlier you accused people of being sock puppets. That I don’t see yet, but if you share your theory - I’d listen.

I do think the tension in this thread is a continuation of The PA thread. This thread was literally born from it.

And @tommyhawkins you’re coming in a bit hot man. This stuff is definitely close for you which I get, but right now we have to reduce the temperature in here. I hope everyone else will follow suit.

I agree to a point. Earlier you accused people of being sock puppets. That I don’t see yet, but if you share your theory - I’d listen.

I do think the tension in this thread is a continuation of The PA thread. This thread was literally born from it.

And @tommyhawkins you’re coming in a bit hot man. This stuff is definitely close for you which I get, but right now we have to reduce the temperature in here. I hope everyone else will follow suit.
Coming in hot? I asked what that poster was talking about as it made no sense. But you go off

Maybe just as interesting as the Horror Unleashed trademark: I was unable to spot any registrations for Universal Kids. Some have speculated this might come to the resort (see @tommyhawkins post above, Jim Shull also suggested this on Twitter). This COULD suggest Comcast are not considering this for the Bedford site. At least not on or close to opening day.

You really think someone registering today and immediately posting long diatribes for an hour straight - including about this Wixams station - doesn't raise a huge eyebrow about keeping the "dialogue" going about how "awesome" the transportation connections are?

But I would assume you can see the IP of every member in the admin dashboard. Don't have to share any of that obviously.

This is news to me as I never followed that thread at all. So I probably missed some of the upward trajectory of the tension.

You really think someone registering today and immediately posting long diatribes for an hour straight - including about this Wixams station - doesn't raise a huge eyebrow about keeping the "dialogue" going about how "awesome" the transportation connections are?

But I would assume you can see the IP of every member in the admin dashboard. Don't have to share any of that obviously.

This is news to me as I never followed that thread at all. So I probably missed some of the upward trajectory of the tension.

You don't think that the news of Universal building a UK park isn't going to attract new users?

Coming in hot? I asked what that poster was talking about as it made no sense. But you go off
I get it in specific responses, but you’re replying with this energy to every poster. Even people who generally agree with you. Your response to me is also a good example. I think I was pretty chill.

We appreciate your work, but as someone who is reporting this story you’re kind of setting the tone here.

Also, as a reminder, double posting isn’t allowed.

Maybe just as interesting as the Horror Unleashed trademark: I was unable to spot any registrations for Universal Kids. Some have speculated this might come to the resort (see @tommyhawkins post above, Jim Shull also suggested this on Twitter). This COULD suggest Comcast are not considering this for the Bedford site. At least not on or close to opening day.
Probably because I believe the Horror Unleashed project is completely separate, and possibly sooner to the region, than the full theme park. And also, likely not even related to the discussed land purchase.