The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s also been refurbs late last year, like the entirely new awning over the Coke Freestyle machines and upgrades to the Mystic Fountain… sooo, things were definitely seeming a bit off for a land we expected to be bulldozed in less than a year.

But you never know with this company.
Well, they did just finish replacing the entirety of the concrete in front of the Simpsons, so I wouldn't pay attention to anything Universal does until we see the foundations go up. Can't even trust construction walls anymore

Islands can handle it though. USF needs a heavy hitter.
There's been a lot of doom and gloom the past few days on this forum about the state of USO when frankly right now is the most exciting time it's ever been to be a Universal fan.

I've heard a lot of talk about how IoA is not in a good place, and I just don't get it. Hagrids, VC, Hulk Retrack, Kong, and Hyrule within the next 5 years in a park already pretty stacked with a variety of different rides, demographic pleasers, and the most popular seasonal event not called HHN.

Lost Continent really isn't that big of a deal for now. It's got enough stores and food, and is honestly small enough now that I don't think the GP even actually notices it much. IoA is in a much better place than most of the Central Florida parks and I think sits pretty close to MK and Epcot.

There's been a lot of doom and gloom the past few days on this forum about the state of USO when frankly right now is the most exciting time it's ever been to be a Universal fan.

I've heard a lot of talk about how IoA is not in a good place, and I just don't get it. Hagrids, VC, Hulk Retrack, Kong, and Hyrule within the next 5 years in a park already pretty stacked with a variety of different rides, demographic pleasers, and the most popular seasonal event not called HHN.

Lost Continent really isn't that big of a deal for now. It's got enough stores and food, and is honestly small enough now that I don't think the GP even actually notices it much. IoA is in a much better place than most of the Central Florida parks and I think sits pretty close to MK and Epcot.
Agreed. Sometimes the most critical people are the biggest fans lol. I do think that once Hyrule is built in IOA that it will be the world’s best park, or at least up there with the select few like DisneySea.

I think a lot of the push with IOA is that it’s so close to being absolutely perfect, that we just want Uni to push it over the finish line and then leave it be for at least a little while and THEN go fix studios. Studios arguably needs fixing a lot more, and it will be a massive undertaking. I’d much rather them finish with IOA since it’s SO close and then go heavy with studios.

Agreed. Sometimes the most critical people are the biggest fans lol. I do think that once Hyrule is built in IOA that it will be the world’s best park, or at least up there with the select few like DisneySea.

I think a lot of the push with IOA is that it’s so close to being absolutely perfect, that we just want Uni to push it over the finish line and then leave it be for at least a little while and THEN go fix studios. Studios arguably needs fixing a lot more, and it will be a massive undertaking. I’d much rather them finish with IOA since it’s SO close and then go heavy with studios.
For me I also just think Epic would be fine with no new additions letting Zelda and Pokémon come first before any expansion takes place there.

Well, a hurricane hit. Lol.
Wasn't it up and running after the Hurricane? Could they make it seasonal?

I feel there is a capacity issue during busy times. Multiple rides with 100+ minutes too me says they need more capacity which is why I feel it needs LC fixed. They have actually lost capacity in the last 7 years not gained it. If they still had LC open that would not be the case.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Wasn't it up and running after the Hurricane? Could they make it seasonal?
From my understanding, no.

They made a sizable investment in the attraction to get it reopen, considering its reputation. After the hurricane, they did what they could until a closure in Feb 2023 made them realize the issue was a bit bigger and would require a big renovation. Just didn’t make sense financially all things considered.

From my understanding, no.

They made a sizable investment in the attraction to get it reopen, considering its reputation. After the hurricane, they did what they could until a closure in Feb 2023 made them realize the issue was a bit bigger and would require a big renovation. Just didn’t make sense financially all things considered.
Not sure about that timeline. . They announced the final closing in the spring while it was open, and after the announcement they ran it for around a month before they shut it down for good. Seems like hurricane damage for sure but it always puzzled me how they were able to run it for those weeks after the closure announcement if the damage was so bad. Anyway, they announced the Hogwarts show would stay down about the same time. I always expected a long closure so I'm not surprised or disappointed that Zelda won't start for a good while. (The thread title May 9 or around then)

Last edited:
Seems like hurricane damage for sure but it always puzzled me how they were able to run it for those weeks after the closure announcement if the damage was so bad.
I think because it required continued regular maintenance to ensure it wasn’t cutting off all cooling plant pumping to other attractions. I’m not at all sure that was the main issue, but I know from repair permits there was a LOT of plumbing work always happening so that was my guess. If it was losing pressure it could cause problems down the line. The AC in the temple was always pumping, and I have a feeling why it was and things like Hagrid, weren’t. Again though, just a theory.

Not sure about that timeline. . They announced the final closing in the spring while it was open, and after the announcement they ran it for around a month before they shut it down for good. Seems like hurricane damage for sure but it always puzzled me how they were able to run it for those weeks after the closure announcement if the damage was so bad. Anyway, they announced the Hogwarts show would stay down about the same time. I always expected a long closure so I'm not surprised or disappointed that Zelda won't start for a good while. (The thread title May 9 or around then)
It reopened from the COVID closure in Mar 2022. Hurricane Ian and Nicole hit Oct/Nov 2022. Refurb was Feb 2023. Closure announced April 2023 for May.

Reactions: ultimateforce
It reopened from the COVID closure in Mar 2022. Hurricane Ian and Nicole hit Oct/Nov 2022. Refurb was Feb 2023. Closure announced April 2023 for May.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. It didn't finally close until the spring. Just responding to Izzy's comment that it did run after the hurricane, in the spring.

Yes, and that's how friendly forums like IU operate. .IU is so unlike the hateful forum interactions of so many other theme park sites. We're all friends here, wanting the same thing, a fun filled, entertaining, Universal Resort. :)
tyNd4j.gif