Console Gaming (General) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s a spin off

Some fans can say what they like but it’s not a sequel we wanted and sales and the obvious lack of more banjo shows they made the wrong move
I get what you're saying, but it's not a spin-off in any sense of the word. A game's reception is not indicative of whether it is "mainline" or "canon", unless it is explicitly retconned. Nuts and Bolts is an important part of the series trajectory, for better or worse.

I get what you're saying, but it's not a spin-off in any sense of the word. A game's reception is not indicative of whether it is "mainline" or "canon", unless it is explicitly retconned. Nuts and Bolts is an important part of the series trajectory, for better or worse.
If Spiderman gets a new game with the same characters but completely different gameplay....thats a spin off

Sonic Spin ball is a Spin off, Mario Party, Mario kart so on just because core characters are in it means nothing

We need a true sequel a platformer for the game they have NEVER tried that with Banjo and for some reason refuse to sell him to someone that will use him

Honestly, ever since the Zelda announcement I lost interest in this particular idea and grew fonder of letting different studios and creatives tackle each IP that have the potential to be a better fit than having everything under Universal animation.

Give me a live action Metroid by Denis Villeneuve over an animated movie from Universal just so Samus can appear in Smash Bros.

I have to wonder if this could include the original Halo trilogy. Imagine if that came to Nintendo but not Sony. Talk about a shot across the bow lol

There was also this earlier rumor.

I have to wonder if this could include the original Halo trilogy. Imagine if that came to Nintendo but not Sony. Talk about a shot across the bow lol

There was also this earlier rumor.

Rumors have pointed to Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi Rush being the two titles hitting both Nintendo Switch and Playstation potentially this year!

Rumors have pointed to Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi Rush being the two titles hitting both Nintendo Switch and Playstation potentially this year!
I like this as a gamer but I’m unsure how this will help Xbox when people talk about what their exclusives are if you PS5 or Switch owners can play them as well. I guess if they are fine not selling a ton of Xbox’s then this is great for everyone because imo less console exclusivity is where we really should be.

I like this as a gamer but I’m unsure how this will help Xbox when people talk about what their exclusives are if you PS5 or Switch owners can play them as well. I guess if they are fine not selling a ton of Xbox’s then this is great for everyone because imo less console exclusivity is where we really should be.

So-far, it seems like the plan is to still have multiple major XBOX AAA Exclusives be highlights for XBOX, PC, and XCloud for the year--but there will be instances where games hitting certain points or smaller titles will be able to then be multiplatform.

Hellblade II, Flight Sim 2024, Indiana Jones, Avowed, and Clockwork Revolution all seem to be specific games that will be getting exclusive releases for XBOX platforms for instance.

So-far, it seems like the plan is to still have multiple major XBOX AAA Exclusives be highlights for XBOX, PC, and XCloud for the year--but there will be instances where games hitting certain points or smaller titles will be able to then be multiplatform.

Hellblade II, Flight Sim 2024, Indiana Jones, Avowed, and Clockwork Revolution all seem to be specific games that will be getting exclusive releases for XBOX platforms for instance.
Indiana Jones is one I would hope to be multiplatform at least depending on how the reveal goes next week. Microsoft must have cut Disney a decent check because it was originally going to be multiplatform before they bought Bethesda.

Who else is ready to see the Indiana Jones game today?
Looking forward to seeing what it is because an Indy Game has a lot of promise. Machine Games being behind it does actually give me hope since they've done Wolfenstein so they know how to do the whole killing Nazi's thing well.

Tbh, i'm way more hyped this year for Wolverine (assuming it actually does release this year), but it's too soon after Spider-Man 2 for Insomniac to start hyping another project.

Indian Jones is in his 90s but this won't slow down this adventurer as you join him as he looks for the lost treasure of where he left his heart medicine....Only on Xbox

• Haha
Reactions: Mike S
This will be a great use of my Gamepass

Looks like the indy movie we all wanted

Also, lol....I knew it was Troy Baker...like him or Nolan North. They act as if they have no other voice actors in games...lol

Reactions: Mike S