Console Gaming (General) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
TLoU has always seemed to put a heavy emphasis on the consequences of actions, and Ellie certainly has a lot to live with after the events of TLoU 2.

If the first game was about love and the second about hate, maybe the third follows something like acceptance, or maybe even darker like depression / PTSD. And with another time jump of a few years, who knows what the landscape of the world looks like now- are there factions that are closer to discovering a cure? Are there more / less infected in the world thanks to the efforts of those who are still alive?

I think TLoU 3 would be a good ending point- and I think shifting focus from a multiplayer experience is a smart move too. It was a what, a 5-year gap from the first-to-second games? And we saw how much Jackson as a community changed in that time- so I agree it would be difficult to create an experience that still feels fresh and canon to the main story after 3-or-so years without devoting massive amounts of resources.

I don’t remember the ending exactly but I do know when I last played it in 2020 there seemed to be some pretty obvious ways I was expecting a third game to go in.
If they do go for it they’d need to figure out a way to bring the game more in line with the first. The second game took two years to reach 10 million after hitting 4 million in its first 3 days. It was also discounted within the first few months.

The first sold 10 million of just the remastered version on PS4.

If they do go for it they’d need to figure out a way to bring the game more in line with the first. The second game took two years to reach 10 million after hitting 4 million in its first 3 days. It was also discounted within the first few months.

The first sold 10 million of just the remastered version on PS4.
The first is an all-time genre classic up there with RE4, Dead Space, and Silent Hill 2 in the Survival Horror genre (and just an all around great game). The second was purposefully divisive. They made that game knowing full well it was going to cause a lot of division and I applaud them for not caring because it's a great game. I think they should keep going with the best story they have if they are doing a TLOU3.

It's also laughable that you act like 10 Million copies of a game sold is somehow a poor performance. The reason TLOU Remaster sold so many Remaster copies on PS4 was because TLOU came out at the tail end of the PS3 generation so many people played it for the first time on PS4, especially because the remaster had a quick turnaround time, unlike the PS5 version of Part 2.

I’m hoping for TLOU: Part 3 to finish out a trilogy and then hopefully Naughty Dog creates a new IP again (although Uncharted 5 has been rumored).
I think that's the plan? Rumors seemed to indicate Part 3 in 2025 with then Neil Druckmann's next project; a original project with High-Fantasy elements, being the next major project at ND.

The first is an all-time genre classic up there with RE4, Dead Space, and Silent Hill 2 in the Survival Horror genre. The second was purposefully divisive. They made that game knowing full well it was going to cause a lot of division and I applaud them for not caring because it's a great game. I think they should keep going with the best story they have if they are doing a TLOU3.

It's also laughable that you act like 10 Million copies of a game sold is somehow a poor performance. The reason TLOU Remaster sold so many Remaster copies on PS4 was because TLOU came out at the tale end of the PS3 generation so many people played it for the first time on PS4, especially because the remaster had a quick turnaround time, unlike the PS5 version of Part 2.
Most copies were not sold at full price which is why I mentioned how it was discounted so shortly after launch and TLOU 2 was supposed to be the premier PS4 game based on the hype it had. While it’s not a flop I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony were a bit disappointed with the numbers. Instead it was outdone by over double the amount by God of War 2018 which was another game that was universally praised. TLOU 2 could’ve had those numbers but instead they wanted to be “purposely divisive” by your own words. Being purposely divisive is one of the stupidest business moves when it comes to a big property. Save that for the smaller things where you’ll piss less people off. A great story can be made without being divisive.

My assumption for the story of TLOU3 was always:

Ellie trying to find the last remaining Fireflies to finally sacrifice herself for a cure. In my head, it'd be a parallel story of Ellie and Abby/Lev both looking for the Fireflies. It'd likely culminate with them eventually having to meet and work together to get to the Fireflies for a cure.

TLOU = Love
TLOU2 = Hate
TLOU3 = Forgiveness

That's just me though.

I think that's the plan? Rumors seemed to indicate Part 3 in 2025 with then Neil Druckmann's next project; a original project with High-Fantasy elements, being the next major project at ND.
2025 seems way too quick given the rumors were they only started hiring for a new Last Of Us project recently, and that's just assuming it's TLOU3 and not TLOU2 remaster that outlets got confused on. Either way, I don't believe the game has really started production in any meaningful way. They may have a story ready to go and be ready to shoot cutscenes, etc, but games take roughly 3-4 years minimum to make now for big AAA titles and that's not including the leadup time in developing a story for a game. Neil had always said they wouldn't do a Part 3 until they knew they had that could live up to the two existing games in the franchise.

I think we're looking at this being a big Sony first party game that will be around the time of closing out their current console generation, which is fitting for TLOU, which is a franchise that has had both prior entries debut during the last year of a console generation. I'd guess 2027 or 2028. Very possible that Part 3 releases right around the same time that the HBO show is getting to that point in the story as well (given that they are expected to do two seasons on Part 2) which would be fun cross-promotion.

Reactions: saint.piss
I wont post it here

But leaks from insomniac games are insane only game they aren't rumored to be working on is a DD game but per the leaks....they have a solid 10 years of great games coming and while I know they are upset now...these games are going to sell so well the money will flow in at the end and sure they can still make some hype trailers

Reactions: Mike S
I wont post it here

But leaks from insomniac games are insane only game they aren't rumored to be working on is a DD game but per the leaks....they have a solid 10 years of great games coming and while I know they are upset now...these games are going to sell so well the money will flow in at the end and sure they can still make some hype trailers
It’s definitely interesting and just furthers my thoughts that it’s really only Sony and Nintendo really doing anything. I saw this info earlier today and all I can think is if Xbox is basically the new SEGA where only one of their consoles was truly a massive hit? The only difference of course is that Xbox is a division of Microsoft and they can just endlessly pump money into it. I think I’ve even heard in the past that Microsoft has never really profited from it and keeps it going just so they can have a foothold and push subscriptions.
The Switch selling almost double the amount compared to the Xbox Series when it’s an older console is kind of sad.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
It’s definitely interesting and just furthers my thoughts that it’s really only Sony and Nintendo really doing anything. I saw this info earlier today and all I can think is if Xbox is basically the new SEGA where only one of their consoles was truly a massive hit? The only difference of course is that Xbox is a division of Microsoft and they can just endlessly pump money into it. I think I’ve even heard in the past that Microsoft has never really profited from it and keeps it going just so they can have a foothold and I push subscriptions.
The Switch selling almost double the amount compared to the Xbox Series when it’s older console is kind of sad.
I mean they can keep making Xboxs....but there is no need to you either play the games on PC or anywhere with Gamepass

Along with.....Xbox exclusives are just....fine. Halo Online is great but also you have to buy a BP to earn things and while the open world in the last halo was fun....my god they just gave up on the story and cutscenes and the ending was just generic waves of the same enemies coming at you for three hours, lol

High Fi Rush was a cool little game but that's not going to move units and Starfeild for me just didn't work because I didn't enjoy the space combat so I didn't get far....which is fine I can go back and replay the Fallout games or Outer Worlds anyway

But with how Xbox owning Blizzard now and allowing the BS that's happening in OW holiday event, I have little to no faith in Xbox exclusives in the future. They will MP games filled with crap to buy and even Gear 6 which could be fun I doubt will be half as great as anything Sony makes....and Nintendo is king of fun so yeah Xbox is the master of none but they have great tech and piles of money so they will be fine

I mean they can keep making Xboxs....but there is no need to you either play the games on PC or anywhere with Gamepass

Along with.....Xbox exclusives are just....fine. Halo Online is great but also you have to buy a BP to earn things and while the open world in the last halo was fun....my god they just gave up on the story and cutscenes and the ending was just generic waves of the same enemies coming at you for three hours, lol

High Fi Rush was a cool little game but that's not going to move units and Starfeild for me just didn't work because I didn't enjoy the space combat so I didn't get far....which is fine I can go back and replay the Fallout games or Outer Worlds anyway

But with how Xbox owning Blizzard now and allowing the BS that's happening in OW holiday event, I have little to no faith in Xbox exclusives in the future. They will MP games filled with crap to buy and even Gear 6 which could be fun I doubt will be half as great as anything Sony makes....and Nintendo is king of fun so yeah Xbox is the master of none but they have great tech and piles of money so they will be fine
I don’t think anyone is truly into Starfield lol

The only sort of bright spot I found in this is that through this deal Microsoft now owns Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob. Let either one of them do a remake of Banjo Kazooie like how they did for Crash and Spyro and since they’re buddy buddy with Nintendo bring it to Switch as well. Maybe they can also make a new one. I’ve never played the series personally but I’d be down to try a remake.

I don’t think anyone is truly into Starfield lol

The only sort of bright spot I found in this is that through this deal Microsoft now owns Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob. Let either one of them do a remake of Banjo Kazooie like how they did for Crash and Spyro and since they’re buddy buddy with Nintendo bring it to Switch as well. Maybe they can also make a new one. I’ve never played the series personally but I’d be down to try a remake.
I hope

Banjo only got one game since they bought them and it was a spin off...like my god give us a remake of the first two games then make a new one...like rachet and clank did

I hope

Banjo only got one game since they bought them and it was a spin off...like my god give us a remake of the first two games then make a new one...like rachet and clank did
Nuts and Bolts was very much considered to be the 3rd entry in the series, as well as the future direction of the franchise, despite how misguided that effort was...

Even though the game is very negatively looked upon, I still think it's quite enjoyable and holds up on its on merits. I would love to see another proper Banjo platforming game someday, as it is my all-time favorite game series.

Nuts and Bolts was very much considered to be the 3rd entry in the series, as well as the future direction of the franchise, despite how misguided that effort was...

Even though the game is very negatively looked upon, I still think it's quite enjoyable and holds up on its on merits. I would love to see another proper Banjo platforming game someday, as it is my all-time favorite game series.
That may have been the case but it can be easily retconned with a different game (a platformer) receiving the “3” moniker.

It’s a spin off

Some fans can say what they like but it’s not a sequel we wanted and sales and the obvious lack of more banjo shows they made the wrong move

Just give us a platformer

I wont post it here

I just want to caution that since these are leaks, we don’t know exactly what is firmly happening and what is in the more early stages and may not happen. It’s not unusual for games in early development to get canceled.