Console Gaming (General) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Easily the best announcement of the show (for me).

Just need to get back to Alien Isolation so I can have at least ONE survival game under my belt lol.

Fingers crossed for Nintendo Switch 2 version???

You’ve never played a survival game before? I feel like that’s a majority of what I play lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike S
You’ve never played a survival game before? I feel like that’s a majority of what I play lol.
I grew up as a Nintendo guy and even though my brother got all the PlayStations (except 5) it’s not a genre that ever entered our lives lol

I grew up as a Nintendo guy and even though my brother got all the PlayStations (except 5) it’s not a genre that ever entered our lives lol
Survival Horror/Thrillers are one of my favorite genres, especially when the games are really well done like Alien: Isolation is. That's a classic for it's genre imo. But the genre is filled with classics imo, such as Silent Hill 2, The Last Of Us, Resident Evil 4 (I could argue Resident Evil 7, too), Dead Space, The Evil Within, both Alan Wake games, etc.

I love other genres as well such as action adventure and the occasional open world RPG, and also Nintendo games as well, but there's just something special about Survival Horror imo. Also as someone who is into VR, it's even more of a treat because these games in VR are insanely good and way more intense than just sitting down and playing on a screen. The Resident Evil franchise is very big in the space as they've ported 3 games over from flat to VR (RE4, 7, & 8 with 4 remake dropping 40 minutes ago), MADiSON is getting a VR Mode in February and so is Pneumata when it releases next year. There's also a ton of really good indie developers for the genre that have created really good games.

I'll be the honest....the announcements were....fine

Nothing from Nintendo....so many rumors of Metriod Prime 4 or a Zelda remake....those would have been bombshells. Also was hoping to hear about Spiderman DLC or at the very least a New Game Plus Update coming out by Christmas...

Nothing from Nintendo....so many rumors of Metriod Prime 4 or a Zelda remake....those would have been bombshells. Also was hoping to hear about Spiderman DLC or at the very least a New Game Plus Update coming out by Christmas...
I think this pretty much confirms Prime 4 is now a Switch 2 game. It’s going to be the technical showcase when they announce the console and could even be its big launch title possibly alongside 3D Mario or Mario Kart which are the only other big hitting games that could have been in development long enough to potentially hit this window.

Bet on it.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

I honestly don't know the answer, but does Nintendo reveal anything not on their own anymore? Expecting a Nintendo reveal on anything other than a Direct is setting you up for disappointment. Why pay for a spot when you can do it for free on your own time.

I honestly don't know the answer, but does Nintendo reveal anything not on their own anymore? Expecting a Nintendo reveal on anything other than a Direct is setting you up for disappointment. Why pay for a spot when you can do it for free on your own time.
I'm not even blaming Nintendo

But....to most the announcements were...fine

Blade could be cool but...no gameplay....same with many other games

To me if your going to announce a game do it with gameplay or have gameplay uploaded afterwards online but many of these announcements seem like they are wayyy off from when we will see them with the exception of Indie games

also No Clue why Sony paid for Gof of War DLC trailer then

I think this pretty much confirms Prime 4 is now a Switch 2 game. It’s going to be the technical showcase when they announce the console and could even be its big launch title possibly alongside 3D Mario or Mario Kart which are the only other big hitting games that could have been in development long enough to potentially hit this window.

Bet on it.
To further add to this point it’s been nearly 5 years since development on Metroid Prime 4 restarted with Retro Studios. It’s definitely in a state that can be shown to the public by now. The only logical reason I can think of that it hasn’t is that they haven’t shown off the console it’s on to the public yet ;)

This could honestly be a repeat of the original Switch launch. A “hardcore” game at launch (Zelda, Metroid), followed by Mario Kart, then 3D Mario during the holidays. Original Switch owners are still getting games even though they’re mostly ports, Switch 2 owners are getting the new blockbusters and I hope backwards compatibility so early adopters can easily move to the new console and still play things like Princess Peach Showtime and the Thousand Year Door remake, everyone wins.

Jurassic Park Survival will be my next big game purchase. (assuming it's before GTA lol)

Really looking like Alien Isolation with dinosaurs. I can imagine an anxiety induciing section of the game where you're being pursued by raptors or a T-rex. AHHHH I CAN'T WAIT

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
It's been dead since the Pandemic

Like barley much happened at E3 last year, it was all events in June and July that are run publishers now

If it was between this or getting great single player experiences that Naughty Dog is known for then they made the right choice.

I’m hoping for TLOU: Part 3 to finish out a trilogy and then hopefully Naughty Dog creates a new IP again (although Uncharted 5 has been rumored).
I'm on the same boat. I want TLOU 3 to end the series, then I want something completely new.

Where could TLOU 3 even go? It seems pretty open and shut with just the two games they have. I also think there’s a good contingent of people that just don’t care because of TLOU 2.

Where could TLOU 3 even go? It seems pretty open and shut with just the two games they have. I also think there’s a good contingent of people that just don’t care because of TLOU 2.
I don’t remember the ending exactly but I do know when I last played it in 2020 there seemed to be some pretty obvious ways I was expecting a third game to go in.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95