Console Gaming (General) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Insane, from a what ever game...to a 9/10

Some might consider it sacrilege but an actual story mode by itself puts it above Smash for me. Biggest disappointment about Ultimate for someone like me that has less than 0 interest in playing Smash online and what made me not buy it.

Probably won’t get it, but I made my point.

Last edited:
Not really news for anyone that’s familiar with Nintendo’s console cycles. We get the same spiel every single time.
This was fun last time when it was the 3DS and so many people were swearing up and down the Switch wasn’t it’s replacement and it would get its own successor :lmao:

Outside of maybe one surprise and Metroid Prime 4 if it’s not a dual release or just moved entirely to Switch 2, I expect Princess Peach Showtime to be one of the last substantial releases from Nintendo themselves for our good old Switch that’s not a remake or port.

Last edited:
Not really news for anyone that’s familiar with Nintendo’s console cycles. We get the same spiel every single time.
This was fun last time when it was the 3DS and so many people were swearing up and down the Switch wasn’t it’s replacement and it would get its own successor :lmao:

Outside of maybe one surprise and Metroid Prime 4 if it’s not a dual release or just moved entirely to Switch 2, I expect Princess Peach Showtime to be one of the last substantial releases from Nintendo themselves for our good old Switch that’s not a remake or port.
I don't expect this to play out like previous console transitions. When Nintendo moved from the very successful Wii to the Wii U, by cutting off support so quickly, they burned away the large install base they had. I image there's going to be some big ticket games that will be exclusive to the next system, but I don't see support simply dying off, especially for games that have simpler visual presentations.

I imagine this new system will have similar architecture to the Switch, just with improve hardware specs, similarly to PS4 and XBOne. Even on those systems, they're still seeing releases and support 3 years after their successors have been released. I could see them taking an approach of doing physical releases that would work with either system for the first two years, with certain games being marked as only working on the new console, similar to how New 3DS games were handled.

I don't expect this to play out like previous console transitions. When Nintendo moved from the very successful Wii to the Wii U, by cutting off support so quickly, they burned away the large install base they had. I image there's going to be some big ticket games that will be exclusive to the next system, but I don't see support simply dying off, especially for games that have simpler visual presentations.

I imagine this new system will have similar architecture to the Switch, just with improve hardware specs, similarly to PS4 and XBOne. Even on those systems, they're still seeing releases and support 3 years after their successors have been released. I could see them taking an approach of doing physical releases that would work with either system for the first two years, with certain games being marked as only working on the new console, similar to how New 3DS games were handled.
I fully expect more games like Thousand Year Door, Super Mario RPG, and Luigi’s Mansion 2 to come likely into 2025. Fully NEW games? We’re nearing the end. It’s going to be just like how the 3DS ended.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I fully expect more games like Thousand Year Door, Super Mario RPG, and Luigi’s Mansion 2 to come likely into 2025. Fully NEW games? We’re nearing the end. It’s going to be just like how the 3DS ended.
3DS is a very different case, as that's a completely different form factor. Even despite that, some info leaked a while that indicated more games were planned for the 3DS beyond what we got, but got cancelled due to poor sales post-Switch.

The lines between console generations have blurred significantly. The similarities between this hardware generation and the last are close enough that different versions of games aren't necessarily specifically developed, it's more like optimizing graphics between varying power capabilities of PCs.

Nintendo went into the Wii U with full confidence that most of the Wii install base would buy into it. I don't think they're going to be as quick to close off the Switch install base, as success isn't entirely guaranteed.

Obviously major releases like a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, or a new Zelda will be exclusive, but smaller stuff like Mario Party or a Mario Sports title, I could see being multi-platform, at least until their next system is a guaranteed hit. I don't think 3rd parties will be quick to drop it either.

3DS is a very different case, as that's a completely different form factor. Even despite that, some info leaked a while that indicated more games were planned for the 3DS beyond what we got, but got cancelled due to poor sales post-Switch.

The lines between console generations have blurred significantly. The similarities between this hardware generation and the last are close enough that different versions of games aren't necessarily specifically developed, it's more like optimizing graphics between varying power capabilities of PCs.

Nintendo went into the Wii U with full confidence that most of the Wii install base would buy into it. I don't think they're going to be as quick to close off the Switch install base, as success isn't entirely guaranteed.

Obviously major releases like a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, or a new Zelda will be exclusive, but smaller stuff like Mario Party or a Mario Sports title, I could see being multi-platform, at least until their next system is a guaranteed hit. I don't think 3rd parties will be quick to drop it either.
3DS ended with mostly remakes and ports from Nintendo. From what we’ve seen thus far, I don’t see that changing this time around.

Big third party releases will absolutely move just from the power increase alone. Most rumors lately have the Switch 2 being above the 8th gen consoles even approaching the Series S in power.

On paper they will indeed be supporting the OG Switch for years to come but in reality next year will likely be the last of any real substance.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Most rumors lately have the Switch 2 being above the 8th gen consoles even approaching the Series S in power.
I am extremely skeptical of that claim. Given that it is most likely still portable, being comparable to the base PS4/XBOne is the most realistic expectation. Anything beyond that would likely be too expensive to produce while maintaining the price point they want.

They'll still be supporting the Switch when the new console comes out like Sony did for the PS4 and Microsoft for the Xbox One. Just how long that support is remains to be seen.

Reactions: mccgavin
I'm playing the Dead Space Remake right now (on EA access/Gamaepass)

It's really good. It's very much the OG game but with some added little touches like being able to use the tram to go to past locations and not sure if it's true or not but I backracked a LONG way from the main story and on my way back faced more monsters to fight, so might have random monsters spawned activated after you clear an area which would be great if true.

They'll still be supporting the Switch when the new console comes out like Sony did for the PS4 and Microsoft for the Xbox One. Just how long that support is remains to be seen.
Just to close this out I’m not arguing that they’ll stop support entirely. I’m arguing that the support it does get won’t be anything truly significant. For what I’m expecting look up what the 3DS got in it’s final years from 2017 onward discounting Pokémon because Switch already has the two Gens it’ll get.

I hope Switch 2....is at least close to the first Steam deck then.....this seems like the bare minimum now so we can get third party games

Reactions: Mike S
Sigh........I just don't get it......you make the combat like FF7 remake it's either "newer" just pure combat in real time or....you slow down time and make it more like the OG game.

Then you make the graphic's nicer.....maybe add a few new side quests and give us Story DLC/expansions

New games take 4-5 years to make these days and pre-production time in terms of coming up with a worthwhile, emotional story worthy of this franchise would not be short. Even had they started TLOU 3 the second they released 2 the game wouldn’t be out yet.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and chris.g
Just realized the Jurassic games collection comes out on wednesday and I know what im playing over the holiday weekend.