Console Gaming (General) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been diving into CP2077 Phantom Liberty--and I am gonna argue it might be my GOTY so-far. The blending of immersion and scale with Dogtown combined with the narrative structure and components make the expansion stand out and far from that of the base game. Narratively it is also feeling like the game's strongest; with a distinct sense of direction and flow with the Bond/MI/Bourne angle of a high speed action-thriller.

Makes you feel like you matter, which means a lot for how base CP2077 didn't feel like it mattered.

Saw the sonic symphony at the Dolby Theater on Saturday

The Show was very well done, the video's were put together with the music very well and there was even humor which was well done and surprising I've not seen concerts trying to have more fun with things.
I was also surprised that like 2/3 of the show are Rock Bands doing songs from the 3D games. I knew they would come out and do Sonic Adventure 1-2 songs but they did songs from Sonic 07 (everyone clapped at....like one of the worst reviewed games ever...lol) and just surprised that after 45ish mins they were done with classic Sonic Music, they ignored Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles (which I know some of the is because music rights)
But the Concert had lots of Energy, like I've seen Red Dead 2 Live, Zelda,and Pokemon but man the Energy here just felt insane.

So would recommend the sonic symphony, even if you just like Sonic and don't love them because the music is of the best in the industry.

Also...never parking at the garage where the Dolby is when there is a show...took an hour just to leave the Garage....did not like that at all. Will for sure Metro there or uber from somewhere near by.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Anyone here have an opinion on how long online services should be kept up for a console? I’ve seen people say that stuff like this is “too soon” but it’s been 11-12 years since these consoles came out? Not to mention the Wii U was discontinued in 2017 and the 3DS in 2020? It’s not like there are people out there that just bought a brand new one off the shelf right before this news dropped.
I haven’t touched either of these since basically the Switch came out except I did play my 3DS for Samus Returns but that’s it.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Anyone here have an opinion on how long online services should be kept up for a console? I’ve seen people say that stuff like this is “too soon” but it’s been 11-12 years since these consoles came out? Not to mention the Wii U was discontinued in 2017 and the 3DS in 2020? It’s not like there are people out there that just bought a brand new one off the shelf right before this news dropped.
I haven’t touched either of these since basically the Switch came out except I did play my 3DS for Samus Returns but that’s it.
It probably has been a reasonable amount of time, but I don't blame anyone for being sad or upset. An entire console and handheld generation of great games is being effected here.

It probably has been a reasonable amount of time, but I don't blame anyone for being sad or upset. An entire console and handheld generation of great games is being effected here.
I get being upset, it’s the “too soon” that I don’t.

I have lots of Spiderman and Mario Wonder to play this weekend

I'll pick up Sonic when it goes on sale

Wonder has to be the most fun I’ve had with 2D Mario since I was a kid. I loved NSMB on the DS (mostly the multiplayer with friends on the bus) but got bored with NSMB Wii in the middle of World 2 :confused: Never bothered with the other 2. What a breath of fresh air.

Finally got "the suit" in Spiderman 2.....it's a pretty fun game

I think story wise it's insane that they allowed many off screen events in this game and it's really just a blast to play. Swings and then gliding around the city makes me kinds want a Superman game.
The only kinda weak thing about this game is while many suits come back many....."new" suits just don't do it for me. For free they are fine but many just feel like fluff content but really not a big issue

It like the first game is around an 8/10 game for me, they still force you to be MJ sometimes but I will say the one thing they really improved was the way you can just swing around and crime can pop up and it feels...I don't know just more rewarding then the last two games

Besides a Venom Spin off game would love to see Dare Devil DLC game or DLC

Yeah

I call BS, most games of the month are very.....meh or games on sale for 20 or under bucks from a while back.

If they want PS plus to be worth it step one is all PS plus games ca be played on the cloud like gamepass (as in I can play on my phone, i pad or PC) second would be more day one games. I don't care if they are indies but more games that are day one like when we got Rocket League or Fall Guys

If it goes on a deep discount would not mind trying it....they let my boy Death be a playable character

To be fair, he doesn’t seem to deny that it’s coming next year. Just 3 very specific rumors.

The Switch 2 is coming

Nintendo can Deny all they want...but we normally know once the rumors are where they are out now.

The Switch 2 is coming

Nintendo can Deny all they want...but we normally know once the rumors are where they are out now.
Like I said, he only denied 3 specific rumors in his quote. Unless this article cut something, “Switch 2 is coming late next year” wasn’t one of them. Sometimes with this stuff it’s what they DON’T say more than what they DO say.