Console Gaming (General) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All handhelds would need it by 2027. Idk know if it’s as extreme as they’d have to pull the ones without the replaceable batteries from shelves but why risk it?
We will see but I doubt they want to push the system months when they could just have a new model out later

In the darkest parts of darkness when we needed it the most, a DreamWorks Animation Kart Racer steps up for the challenge.

....unfortunately it's made by Game Mill, womp womp

If this is true I’m a bit surprised. I thought this time they’d go for the traditional winter release since there are some games for the first half of next year for the OG Switch. If it is March again I wonder if we can expect an announcement in October again.

If this is true I’m a bit surprised. I thought this time they’d go for the traditional winter release since there are some games for the first half of next year for the OG Switch. If it is March again I wonder if we can expect an announcement in October again.
It worked for the Switch, so makes sense

Honestly at this point if you released a new PS5/Nintendo system and it's got what the games want, you could release it tomorrow and it would sell out

Reactions: Mike S
It worked for the Switch, so makes sense

Honestly at this point if you released a new PS5/Nintendo system and it's got what the games want, you could release it tomorrow and it would sell out
Yeah I just thought it would be later because of the games releasing.

Last edited:
Y

Yeah I just thought it would be later because of the games releasing.
PS5/Xbox One show you don't really need to launch with "exclusives". Gaming has gotten so big and the hardcore will one the new Switch because of fears of it selling out for months/years again and the General public will want it because Mario is huge right now

PS5/Xbox One show you don't really need to launch with "exclusives". Gaming has gotten so big and the hardcore will one the new Switch because of fears of it selling out for months/years again and the General public will want it because Mario is huge right now
I was more saying why overshadow new games that are coming to the old Switch.

I was more saying why overshadow new games that are coming to the old Switch.
Mario is hot right now

I doubt Mario Wonder or Mario RPG will be affected

Also....while we dont 100% know. I'm pretty sure Switch 2 will transfer accounts meaning you lose nothing by buying games now because you can play them on the new system

Mario is hot right now

I doubt Mario Wonder or Mario RPG will be affected

Also....while we dont 100% know. I'm pretty sure Switch 2 will transfer accounts meaning you lose nothing by buying games now because you can play them on the new system
I’m talking about the Peach game and Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon which are 2024 games and will likely be early 2024.

Once again rumored to play old switch Games

So doubtful it will affect them much but we will see
I image they'll handle it the same way XBox recently did. The new system will use the same cartridges, and the packaging will mark it for being compatible with both systems.

Some games that require the power of the new system will only be playable on it, while others may play on both but have improved performance on the new one. I don't think they're in a hurry to leave existing Switch owners in the dust, as it is a very massive install base.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Conflicting reports are always fun.
According to multiple people with knowledge of Nintendo’s next-gen console plans, the company is likely to release new hardware during the second half of 2024, to ensure that it has ample stock available on day one and to avoid the kind of shortages seen with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I don't need a Switch 2 now...but next year at anytime it will be good as long as they can stop bots from taking lots of the stock

They wont but Nintendo should sell directly to gamers, Thats how I got the Xbox/Ps5. Sony just sent out links to people who game a lot and I got one from Sony

IMG_5786.png

If that’s the case then Nintendo’s internal teams have had them for longer or knew way ahead what they’d be aiming for.

I’ve already presented a theory that Metroid Prime 4 could’ve moved to the new system, maybe even as a launch title. Now I’m wondering what if we also got the next 3D Mario?

It's hilarious that Dev's are worried about a game coming out that is large, not bugged filled, runs well and is a quality product.
Guess the Industry really is just mainly people who are in it for money and most aren't making games because they love them and want to make the best games they can

Reactions: Mike S
I'm obviously not as in the know as others who game more regularly, but isn't the issue that developers are not being given proper resources to make the half-baked, $70 crap that large companies are releasing right now? consumers of games and the people who make them are not in opposition here: the companies producing these games have created a system that doesn't work for anyone other than them.

I'm obviously not as in the know as others who game more regularly, but isn't the issue that developers are not being given proper resources to make the half-baked, $70 crap that large companies are releasing right now? consumers of games and the people who make them are not in opposition here: the companies producing these games have created a system that doesn't work for anyone other than them.
Really depends on the Dev

But also Zelda/Pikmin 4 aren't 4K and are complete games. So It's also how these studios are using funds

Like Diablo 4, is a great example of a game that looks great but then still doesn't feel like a complete game. It isn't really offering too many reasons to keep playing after you get so far and just become's endingless grinding that isn't fun.
I think if they had less dungeons in the game but made those more impactful then on the same budget you could make a 10/10 amazing game. But No the team decided to make a game that was around the BP and shop....the BP doesn't even give you enough in game credit to buy skins, lol

I also think its the attitude, cool you sold your soul and work at an office making games that don't have passion but why attack the Dev/fans for wanting more games to feel complete?

I also think its the attitude, cool you sold your soul and work at an office making games that don't have passion but why attack the Dev/fans for wanting more games to feel complete?
apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but is that actually what's happening? it appears to be devs saying that this new game can't be the expected standard going forward. I assume, and again, could be wrong, that's because they're being given adequate resources to develop a game that is a complete product.

and I would certainly push back on the idea that devs at big studios don't have passion or are making some kind of deal with the devil. they're putting up with, it seems, pretty brutal working conditions and a list of demands from their bosses that they don't love ... and then they log on to social media and get battered by consumers. I can't imagine they're doing all that for the payday.

Reactions: GA-MBIT