Console Gaming (General) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Oh
Oh wow I’ve even posted there lol

• Haha
Reactions: LieutLaww

Microsoft has won the FTC court case, denying the preliminary injunction. The FTC has up to July 14th to potentially appeal, but as it stand--it seems things are wrapping up for the merger of Microsoft-Activision/Blizzard.

The CMA, Microsoft, and Activision/Blizzard are now also asking UK CAT to pause in the litigations, as it seems they will be forming a deal in due process.

The FTC really didn't do a good job of proving their case in everything I read. I personally feel this was probably the best outcome for Activision Blizzard with where they were.

I know its easy to be anti-Microsoft based on their size and past, but out of the big tech companies they actually seem to be doing the right thing by most.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The FTC really didn't do a good job of proving their case in everything I read. I personally feel this was probably the best outcome for Activision Blizzard with where they were.

I know its easy to be anti-Microsoft based on their size and past, but out of the big tech companies they actually seem to be doing the right thing by most.
Compared to Sony, Nintendo and Steam they are about the same...but kinda worst

With the exception of High Fi Rush, all they do is put games on Game pass....which is cool but also they can't make an amazing AAA game to save their life.

Like Game Pass is a cool concept but if that's all they can provide then Ii don't want them owning more studios....either make amazing games or get out of the space. I'm not a fan of them buying studios then not doing anything with them

Reactions: Grabnar
Compared to Sony, Nintendo and Steam they are about the same...but kinda worst

With the exception of High Fi Rush, all they do is put games on Game pass....which is cool but also they can't make an amazing AAA game to save their life.

Like Game Pass is a cool concept but if that's all they can provide then Ii don't want them owning more studios....either make amazing games or get out of the space. I'm not a fan of them buying studios then not doing anything with them
With those companies
Nintendo does their own thing, can't really hate on them other than for artificially keeping their 1st party game prices high
Steam has been monopolistic for a while and the class action lawsuit popped up again, but they do their own thing and are really just a reseller so can't really get too upset about them
Sony kept the exclusivity game going and has been weaponizing it for a long, long time. In the hearings, a lot of that came out, I mean some of the cases against MS sounded like they were written by Sony.

My comparison was meant to be against MS, Apple, Google, and Amazon. MS has gone through great effort to open source the .net library making it available on any OS not just Windows, extend exclusives to other platforms and providers (Apple, NVidia, etc), and to make necessary applications like Word available on for free.

Microsoft is a big business looking to make money for sure, but those others I mentioned have gone from "Do no Evil" to unbelievable predatory in the past years. Apple may be the exception, but I'm never going to be on the side of a company selling a $999.00 monitor stand as not being predatory.

With those companies
Nintendo does their own thing, can't really hate on them other than for artificially keeping their 1st party game prices high
Steam has been monopolistic for a while and the class action lawsuit popped up again, but they do their own thing and are really just a reseller so can't really get too upset about them
Sony kept the exclusivity game going and has been weaponizing it for a long, long time. In the hearings, a lot of that came out, I mean some of the cases against MS sounded like they were written by Sony.

My comparison was meant to be against MS, Apple, Google, and Amazon. MS has gone through great effort to open source the .net library making it available on any OS not just Windows, extend exclusives to other platforms and providers (Apple, NVidia, etc), and to make necessary applications like Word available on for free.

Microsoft is a big business looking to make money for sure, but those others I mentioned have gone from "Do no Evil" to unbelievable predatory in the past years. Apple may be the exception, but I'm never going to be on the side of a company selling a $999.00 monitor stand as not being predatory.
Since this is about gaming thats how I will compare them

Sony will pay for exclusives but.....so has Microsoft. So it's hard to really say which one is better or worst but most gamers choose the PS5 because Sony still makes amazing games.
This move is taking some huge IP and giving them to a company because....It benefits consumers in zero ways. So I'm against it

If you want to have the best gaming console you make games....Sony and Nintendo prove it.

I feel like Microsoft is either lying to it self or really thinks it will gain like 20 million subscribers over the next few years