Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a high profile IP & Hollywood has a soundstage or two available. No reason for it to be in an outdoor tent, nor would you want it to be (other than to take 50+ photos of the facade)
alright, Hollywood would have it better in a soundstage than outdoors lol

Last edited:
I've gotta say... I remember walking through CityWalk and seeing dedicated booths to FnaF merch. I think you'd be creating an unfortunate queue situation by lumping M3GAN and FnaF together, it'd be leaving money on the table.

The only reason I can fathom a compilation house would be some contractual stipulation with the partner studios (i.e. "The park will be split 5/5 in IP/Original, with no more than one haunted house allocated per studio, ensuring equal distribution and exposure to the brand. Negotiations may include house size and budget, as well as the inclusion of your IP in food and beverage, merchandise, and a 'welcome' scarezone, in which your character will have an 8 by 8 grid to roam and will not interact with IP from the other participating studios."

In this way, I can see, like, Warner Bros (Elm Street) being like: "Hey, wait a second! Why does Blumhouse get TWO houses?" I really have no idea about contract law, but it's the only reason I would see those two IPs cannibalizing their own popularity in a single house.

Don’t quote me on this but I think I heard/read somewhere that during the Covid period when they couldn’t open rides or right when they could, they were selling the HHN Beetlejuice shirts around the park well before September. Allegedly, they were doing this without WB’s permission, so they sent USH a cease and desist and the rest was history.
They sold them in Orlando as well. I have a beetlejuice hhn 30 shirt that I bought in July. We didn’t go to HHN until 31. I can post a pic of the shirt if anyone’s curious and I can see if I can scroll back to a time stamped photo of us there in July ‘21

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They sold them in Orlando as well. I have a beetlejuice hhn 30 shirt that I bought in July. We didn’t go to HHN until 31. I can post a pic of the shirt if anyone’s curious and I can see if I can scroll back to a time stamped photo of us there in July ‘21
I got a Beetlejuice HHN mask in September 2020 lol

Reactions: Chumpieboy

First Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation Map Released for Universal Studios Florida​

February 18, 2023 by Katie Francis

... went back and checked last year's timing, any week now maybe

See with that i don’t get the issue on why Hollywood selling shirts got them mad? Was Warner Brothers just not getting their portion of the merch sales?
Hollywood lost Beetlejuice because the only way for them to extend the licensing into 2021 was to open the haunted house for a short period.

Nothing to do with selling merch without WB's permission lol.
Oh regardless of if there's a house or not, I bet we see the M3GAN horde again in 2024.
:eyes:

Hollywood lost Beetlejuice because the only way for them to extend the licensing into 2021 was to open the haunted house for a short period.

Nothing to do with selling merch without WB's permission lol.

:eyes:
That makes more sense. I think I read the original message wrong maybe

Yeah, I could understand people want both the game and movie to be represented respectfully but since its under the Blumhouse banner, I can see them only going a simple effective route and hitting key scenes from the film, of course easter eggs galore if there are, not saying the franchise alone is not headlining material as it is but it just won't be headlining as a standalone house, I'm sure Jason Blum would probably want it to be a double ip house with M3GAN in both coasts despite the fans wanting it as a standalone, its the only way to service both fanbases of both films.
Genuine question: does Blumhouse make more money off of two separate houses or one house with 2 IPs?

Or, asked another way, which costs Universal more licensing fees:

Option A
The Horrors of Blumhouse: FNAF/M3gan

OR

Option B
M3gan standalone
FNAF standalone

And, also, are we sure Universal would go the Blumhouse route for FNAF vs just trying to get the game rights again like they did for TLoU?

And, also, are we sure Universal would go the Blumhouse route for FNAF vs just trying to get the game rights again like they did for TLoU?
I don't think it's entirely out of the question. The pizzeria and animatronic characters are essentially identical to their game counterparts. I think they could work around just licensing the game alone if necessary, but they would need to do the Blumhouse version if they wanted to feature Mike, Vanessa, and William Afton as they appeared in the film.

This might have been discussed in a previous year or different thread and if so can someone link me to it it? But how much does say Blumhouse or an IP get in the build/scene selection of their house? Do they send Universal a consultatant to work with the team? Or is it universal say here’s X amount of dollars, we’re going to adapt how we see fit?

This might have been discussed in a previous year or different thread and if so can someone link me to it it? But how much does say Blumhouse or an IP get in the build/scene selection of their house? Do they send Universal a consultatant to work with the team? Or is it universal say here’s X amount of dollars, we’re going to adapt how we see fit?
Universal presents a pitch on how they intend to adapt the IP. This will include the treatment and some concept art, so the IP holder understands how their license will be presented. The license-holder will approve or adjust before granting the license and the house becomes “locked.” The IP holder will, often times, review and approve treatments, layouts, costumes, etc, throughout the process (though the extent of this depends on the license holder’s preference). The license holder is typically granted final approval, and will do a walk through towards the end of the build to finalize any detail.