Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had a feeling that FNAF might not happen, but I was optimistic with all the animatronics last year. Well, let’s get ready for pure chaos this year.

Reactions: Ahmanet
This year will be chaos on the opposite end from last year.

2023 = way too much stuff flying around resulting in misinformation

2024 = nothing at all lol

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet
Don't wanna start a chain of 'house announcement when', so instead gonna take this and try to theorize what it could mean!

I think with Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire releasing March 21st, we could see the announcement of dates + potentially a Ghostbusters house to coincide on the week of this.

And shortly before or after, despite how bad of a movie it might be, an announcement with details of Ministry of Magic to coincide with the anniversary of Secrets of Dumbledore's release.

EDIT: TVUpbm makes a better point- Super Nintendo World news for Mario Day (March 10th).

Ghostbusters makes a far amount of sense--I can only think of four IPs its arguable "no one wants"--GB, BJ, Chucky and ST. I think a lot of guests would still be excited for ST, even with the first house flopping I think a BJ sequel featuring an ersatz Jenna Ortega would still get buzz.

GB: FE looks like it might fill the "PG" slot that FNaF would (both the kind of thing to have toys in the Target toy section rather than collectables). Plus Chucky was universally (no pun intended) trashed last year. This makes a certain amount of sense, specially with the park going all in on the franchise apparently.

Ghostbusters makes a far amount of sense--I can only think of four IPs its arguable "no one wants"--GB, BJ, Chucky and ST. I think a lot of guests would still be excited for ST, even with the first house flopping I think a BJ sequel featuring an ersatz Jenna Ortega would still get buzz.

GB: FE looks like it might fill the "PG" slot that FNaF would (both the kind of thing to have toys in the Target toy section rather than collectables). Plus Chucky was universally (no pun intended) trashed last year. This makes a certain amount of sense, specially with the park going all in on the franchise apparently.
Even without a Chucky house, I'd still bet it will have a presence at the event. A photo op, food booth, meet and greet, something.

So apparently I'm the guy who wants all the houses no one wants! Chucky in particular deserves a second shot - and judging by guests last year, he seems to move merch. The only returning properties that would really make me roll my eyes would be Saw and Purge, and I don't see any chance of the latter returning. Saw, on the other hand...

So apparently I'm the guy who wants all the houses no one wants! Chucky in particular deserves a second shot - and judging by guests last year, he seems to move merch. The only returning properties that would really make me roll my eyes would be Saw and Purge, and I don't see any chance of the latter returning. Saw, on the other hand...
While I don't want to see it again, I think Saw could absolutely be a possibility. Saw X made a lot of money and they basically immediately greenlit a sequel.

Would not be surprised at all if it managed to pop up either this year or next.

While I don't want to see it again, I think Saw could absolutely be a possibility. Saw X made a lot of money and they basically immediately greenlit a sequel.

Would not be surprised at all if it managed to pop up either this year or next.
It appears that the Saw X house at multiple Six Flags parks are still standing, and will likely be used again this year, so its odds are not looking very good.

How well will that work since Saw XI will be out by then?
SAW is SAW. And they can easily change a scene or two if they wanted. But honestly, the GP going wouldn't even notice the difference between the two as long as they see the Billy puppet on his tricycle & hear the iconic "I want to play a game", along with the theme.

Eitherway, SAW isn't happening for HHN. Besides, the last time it appeared at HHN (2017), it was underwhelming compared to the problematic 2009 house (RIP JAWS queue)

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Eitherway, SAW isn't happening for HHN. Besides, the last time it appeared at HHN (2017), it was underwhelming compared to the problematic 2009 house (RIP JAWS queue)
Two things:

1. Being underwhelming in a previous year probably doesn't solidify that it won't be back lol

2. May be off topic - but what was problematic about the 09 house? This was prior to me attending and I never heard anything about that!

Reactions: mccgavin
May be off topic - but what was problematic about the 09 house? This was prior to me attending and I never heard anything about that!
JAWS queue was just an awful venue for the cast due to the lack of A/C. They suffered in the heavy robes & pig masks to the point of severe nausea/fainting. Traps not working. It was just a mess lol

It was a great house though