The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you post the picture on here you will be removed and banned for a short time. However if you posted it on a server in an eastern European country's version of photobucket or picassa and posted links only to the pages on those euro servers here... not sure if there would be any consequences or not. Anyone have access to an internet server in Uganda or Belarus?

I've got the Belarus equivalent of imageshack/photobucket/etc. so I guess we can Proceed... :p
I'll be waiting for that PM then ;)

I dont think the show building is that important if its visible. Universal wants the guest to feel vey immersed in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, so the majority of the people will be appreciating the fine details put in place and not point at FJ and say " Whats that white building" Even once you are in Hogsmeade, you dont have a very clear picture of the building anyway and your eye will be attached to Hogwarts

However it wouldnt be a bad idea just to add a few trees or something to try and partially cover it up so the view from JP looks so bad

I'm not going to be too shocked to see how crowded it will be this summer. I'm glad I waited until September at least to go, maybe so many will be in school, it won't be as bad. I know it will still be crowded but maybe not enough to turn people away or have an hour long wait just to get into Honeyduke's.

Hi, lurker here with some comments...bare with me here while I dish out some truth.

the show building arguement is getting a little redundant. Most folks will be too busy staring at that magnificent castle to even bother seeing the show buildings. I know most kids wont notice it at all. If they throw some trees up there great, but otherwise I don't think it's nearly as "OMG I WANT TO MOVE TO JAPAN" worthy as some of you are making it.

The Teebin "stories" are WAY corny. Im not sure where this info is coming from, or how it differs from what Scott in NY was revealing, but it would be SO much better if you cut the 3 paragraph stories into one sentence telling us the rumors. I don't really want to read 2 paragraphs of nonsense just to get to the details that OMG the ride isn't exactly how it was originally imagined due to budget. What a NON-piece of information. So not worth you talking like a snake for two pages.

What's with the dude calling himself the dark lord? Are you serious? Computer time is over, please go back to your 3rd grade classroom.

Sometimes I think I am on a Harry Potter forum instead of a Theme Park forum.

Reactions: Claymax
Since we're talking capacity the private event at WWoHP for the convention said it will have a limit of selling 1,500 tickets due to capacity of the area. This gives us an idea of what the area can hold & start to give us an idea of when they would have to "close the gates".

Hi, lurker here with some comments...bare with me here while I dish out some truth.

the show building arguement is getting a little redundant. Most folks will be too busy staring at that magnificent castle to even bother seeing the show buildings. I know most kids wont notice it at all. If they throw some trees up there great, but otherwise I don't think it's nearly as "OMG I WANT TO MOVE TO JAPAN" worthy as some of you are making it.

The Teebin "stories" are WAY corny. Im not sure where this info is coming from, or how it differs from what Scott in NY was revealing, but it would be SO much better if you cut the 3 paragraph stories into one sentence telling us the rumors. I don't really want to read 2 paragraphs of nonsense just to get to the details that OMG the ride isn't exactly how it was originally imagined due to budget. What a NON-piece of information. So not worth you talking like a snake for two pages.

What's with the dude calling himself the dark lord? Are you serious? Computer time is over, please go back to your 3rd grade classroom.

No, this post of yours is a waste of our time. You might want to change your name to "Whino4evr".

first off: Rino4evr...LEAVE TEEBIN ALONE!!! He chooses to put out info that could possibly get him in alot of trouble, and he does it for us. you should be thankful. Great guy.

2nd: Still panicking over the cuts to FJ. I'm wondering if this means all the cool AAs (Basilisk, Dementors, Dragons, that cool spider from the 2nd film, Whomping Willow, etc.) have been scrapped from the ride. If I went on only to find 80% of the ride was on a screen, well...I may demand my money back. How did JKR even OK this thing if she knew it was going to end up like this?? Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to try to make it up there sometime mid-may for soft openings (Fingers crossed that the rumors of Uni only letting in pass holders to WWoHP are false) so I can try out the ride, I'm just hoping that it still blows me away.

Sorry for the rant...continue on.

So, does talking in the snake voice specifically mean the Basilisk/COS is cut from the ride?

I know nothing of a scene including the Basilisk/COS except for the fact that we all have seen pictures of the cobra heads backstage.

Still panicking over the cuts to FJ. I'm wondering if this means all the cool AAs (Basilisk, Dementors, Dragons, that cool spider from the 2nd film, Whomping Willow, etc.) have been scrapped from the ride.

Not to worry, what I was speaking of was a "rumor" regarding one particular scene/prop that was seriously modified due to money.

I have not heard any "rumors" regarding other scenes or props being seriously modified but as others have stated, theme park attractions are modified during const. all the time due to budget overruns and yes, underruns. Just not to the "rumored" extent that was told to me by a snake, and that is why I considered the "rumor" to be interesting "news", "if true".

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyrus
Teebin,

So according to your comments, the Basilik effect that the engineers originally wanted, and what we're getting is half the effect it was inteded to be.

To put in perspective, instead of the snake grabbing your chair and whisking you around, it tries to attack you and you move on basically would be the equivilent to what he said.

When it comes to the show building argument, you gotta remember the angles that we are looking at the castle are not meant to be viewed from. When you stand in Hogsmeade you probably won't see the building, its all about perspective ladies and gentleman and realize that one, you plant trees, they grow, they hide things. Two, trees don't grow overnight, and Three the park is not even open yet, let open 100% functional (hopefully it is) so we don't know how or what we'll feel until we walk the pathways.

When it comes to the show building argument, you gotta remember the angles that we are looking at the castle are not meant to be viewed from. When you stand in Hogsmeade you probably won't see the building, its all about perspective ladies and gentleman and realize that one, you plant trees, they grow, they hide things. Two, trees don't grow overnight, and Three the park is not even open yet, let open 100% functional (hopefully it is) so we don't know how or what we'll feel until we walk the pathways.

Best point on this debate so far. Plus, we're all ultra-sensative because it's HOGWARTS, and we all have our idea of how authentic it should feel. Nobody has a seizure over the Poseidon's Fury building, because who really cares?

Best point on this debate so far. Plus, we're all ultra-sensative because it's HOGWARTS, and we all have our idea of how authentic it should feel. Nobody has a seizure over the Poseidon's Fury building, because who really cares?

Exactly, and who is to say that maybe the building does blen in somehouse, or maybe when you in the queue in the greenhouse they don't plant trees so you can't look out or look in either.

We still have 2 freaking months until it opens officially, you know how many trees they can plant in that timeframe? In one day alone even. Give it a rest everyone, I'm sorry to be coming down on it, but let it open first before you complain about something.

Its like giving someone a $20 dollar bill and then they complain for it not being a $50.

If it were truly authentic, they would have built it to scale, not simply made it hollow with forced perspective to make us think we're walking through it when we're really not, so obviously, you kinda have to suspend belief (multiple times, I might add) to really get the full effect. You also have to remember that the whole of the park is aimed largely for kids and young teens because, let's face it, that's the demographic that the books aim for. Naturally, there's going to be fans of all ages, but the target demographic will be too engrossed in the rest of the theme of the land to really care if they can see the show building or not. Not to mention, Vyrus' excellent argument.

I'd be more worried about the potential cutbacks to FJ, but from what I can see it's been talked about to death in only a handful of pages, so let's just hope that the cutbacks won't be easily noticed compared to the rest of the ride.

Call me an optomist, but I can see them not only closing th park gate due to capacity, but having a queue to get into hogsmeade. I believe Universal is just now getting a clue to what they have wrought. Universal has tapped into something like they have NEVER had to deal with before.

I agree with you. I think that the construction wall at the entrance will remain for awhile, to help control access.

First off, WELCOME to the forum.

Secondly, Teebin, I agree with him. Your stories are quite silly. But I'm ok with that, because it's far more fun than saying, "my sources say bla bla bla." rhino4ever, you could loosen up a bit. Coming in as Mr. Grumpy Gills is no way to make friends.

He says he doesn't know if there will be a Basilisk scene or not.

Sounds more like a "I can nether confirm or deny" statement. My current take on the information from the snake, is that the B is going to be running similar to Yeti's B-Mode. (Did Disney know... :jaw:) No major movements, but due to our travel path through the attraction, audio, and lighting it's going to look like IT'S ALIVE.

If it were truly authentic, they would have built it to scale, not simply made it hollow with forced perspective to make us think we're walking through it when we're really not, so obviously, you kinda have to suspend belief (multiple times, I might add) to really get the full effect. You also have to remember that the whole of the park is aimed largely for kids and young teens because, let's face it, that's the demographic that the books aim for. Naturally, there's going to be fans of all ages, but the target demographic will be too engrossed in the rest of the theme of the land to really care if they can see the show building or not. Not to mention, Vyrus' excellent argument.

I'd be more worried about the potential cutbacks to FJ, but from what I can see it's been talked about to death in only a handful of pages, so let's just hope that the cutbacks won't be easily noticed compared to the rest of the ride.

Well forced perspective is used by all theme parks, to truly make this castle to scale would have been an immense project and an immense cost. They build it like this because from far away and from close it still looks huge.

Disney are the kings of forced perspective, especially when it comes to their colonial buildings, Mainstreet USA, American pavilion at Epcot. You can always make something LOOK huge without it being huge.

Just ask Bob Vila, he always made the best use of spaces.

first off: Rino4evr...LEAVE TEEBIN ALONE!!! He chooses to put out info that could possibly get him in alot of trouble, and he does it for us. you should be thankful. Great guy.

2nd: Still panicking over the cuts to FJ. I'm wondering if this means all the cool AAs (Basilisk, Dementors, Dragons, that cool spider from the 2nd film, Whomping Willow, etc.) have been scrapped from the ride. If I went on only to find 80% of the ride was on a screen, well...I may demand my money back. How did JKR even OK this thing if she knew it was going to end up like this?? Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to try to make it up there sometime mid-may for soft openings (Fingers crossed that the rumors of Uni only letting in pass holders to WWoHP are false) so I can try out the ride, I'm just hoping that it still blows me away.

Sorry for the rant...continue on.

The cut (singular) that Teebin was talking about was cut nearly two years ago. So I don't think recent rumors and info really apply to what he said.

Last edited: