The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 567 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You mean actually have to think?! Its hard enough for them on a daily basis to remember how to blink, breath, and overall go through their daily motions. :pound:

It is so sad that that is true :lol:. It annoys me when people call Test Track, Fast Track. Another big one is when people think WWOHP is in Disney instead of Universal.

It's funny that there are people on here dying to go and there were people there today that could careless about this new land and had no clue about the area or any of the rides

Agreed. I find it sad also. I have mentioned the place to friends and they had no idea lol. But about the people in the park itself, if they could care less about the WW and they're in it...go to another island! Unless you are with family members or kids who are in awe of the place and don't want to leave, you are only taking up wasted space. Hogsmeade, as great and amazing as it is, isn't the best place(especially in the shops) for loads of people to be in at once.

Agreed. I find it sad also. I have mentioned the place to friends and they had no idea lol. But about the people in the park itself, if they could care less about the WW and they're in it...go to another island! Unless you are with family members or kids who are in awe of the place and don't want to leave, you are only taking up wasted space. Hogsmeade, as great and amazing as it is, isn't the best place(especially in the shops) for loads of people to be in at once.

Hogsmeade is the best theme placed in ANY of the orlando theme parks, Period.

Yes I said it.

When did I say it was a badly themed area? lol

I'm going to be there at this very second 2 weeks from now by the way. Hogsmeade from pictures alone is absolutely amazing and yes, one of THE best themed areas in Orlando and the country. Just that when the place opens for real...there is no way everyone is going to be able to walk in there. The shops and restaurant do not provide for hundreds of people. It's going to be so congested that it might even turn me off.

Extreme crowds FTL. But what can you do, many people are going nuts for this place and Universal deserves all the recognition and $$. Just hopefully, they have a plan for the ridiculous summer crowds.

The only turn off with WWOHP is that you can see the show building off to the side of the Hogwarts Castle facade. It kinda ruins the immersive experience a tiny bit.

just got back. Arrived at 3:10, went on FJ twice by 3:35. walked right on in the single riders line. the regular line was 60 min. (with the rest of the park at walk up). I think it was actully less people around then yesterday. there were no yellow polo's standing around the entrance. kind of gave you a feel of what it will be like, least we should forget that this is about to be open every day for the rest of time now.:happy:

people have reported most new things. I did see they now have hats in D&B that say hungarian hortail, though I could not spot a chinese crested hat... the frog choir was performing a few diffrent songs today I had never heard... the singers were good but it was not very captivating. don't get me wrong I love them usally, but today in the hot sun they weren't even drawing a single file line around the semi circle. I hope they take the feed back from the crowd and hone this show it to the great little gem it could be!

someone posted recently about the clueless tourist there... there are many there asking what the castle was etc. I am sure there will always be this crowd but least we forget that disneyland started this way too... no one knew what a jungle cruise was , or a tiki room. they may have been familier with a few of the then new disney animated films. but the nestalgia grows with the place. I belive after visiting mulitiple times that this new land has the ablitly to create that feeling at IOA.

update (ish) about butterbeer prices= they have been playing with many things during these preview days, how they word things to guest, operating procedures, and prices. Today i was in line at the butter beer cart and a family almost walked away at the caost of a butter beer (over 10 bucks). I told them this was jsut for the suv. mug and a regular glass was cheaper. much to there delight the whole family of 4 got there own glass for under 10 bucks! I think that the pricing is very good for a family treat.

When did I say it was a badly themed area? lol

Didn't mean to imply you said it was a badly themed area, I was stating that as my factual opinion and I was using your comment of people barely noticing the details as a springboard :smiley:

I did see they now have hats in D&B that say hungarian hortail, though I could not spot a chinese crested hat...

Chinese Fireball...
NN7066L.jpg

Chinese Crested...
front.jpg

I'm sorry, I just thought that was funny. :lol:

Reactions: TSSD
They are not ugly!!!! :lol: Ok, some of them are. But honestly, if you get a good one, they are cute and make great dogs. I use to own a couple. Of course, I had the powder puff variety which has hair.

It strikes me funny that over the past three years, people on these boards have be kvetching about IOA being overrun with HP freaks who won't appreciate IOA as a whole. And NOW look at the conversation! Everyone is angry that we have thousands of typical tourist freaks not appreciating the details of the WW!

How time changes everything!

They are not ugly!!!! :lol: Ok, some of them are. But honestly, if you get a good one, they are cute and make great dogs. I use to own a couple. Of course, I had the powder puff variety which has hair.
Yeah, some are cute. I remember my friend once said that when she grew up she wanted to adopt a ton of them so that they'd feel loved XD

LMAO

So true, but only those true hardcore HP fans or theme park junkies (some of us both) would get easily annoyed with thought like that.

Who wants to make a bet before we hear an ADULT looking at the castle say, where's Cinderella? :doh:

It strikes me funny that over the past three years, people on these boards have be kvetching about IOA being overrun with HP freaks who won't appreciate IOA as a whole. And NOW look at the conversation! Everyone is angry that we have thousands of typical tourist freaks not appreciating the details of the WW!

How time changes everything!
Luckily, there are equalizers too. People who are Harry Potter freaks AND like IOA :)

That is very true Teebin. I remember many comments of "Great, now IoA is going to be packed!" and it seems to be the opposite now.

I will admit, personally, I never even knew much about UO. I couldn't name a single ride or where they were located other than the obvious "Orlando" answer. But because of you guys, I am now a pretty knowledgeable person and have given up Disney almost totally to show my love for these parks. Granted, I will be spending most of my time in the WWoHP but I can at least appreciate what else the park has to offer.

I'm more willing to bet on "Where's Harry Potter?" @ WDW.
Me too :lol:

--- Update ---

On the subject of HP being at Universal--I was a Universal fan before I knew HP was going to be there. I went there after a few months of living in FL, and I fell in love. I had recently become a coaster junkie, and the Hulk easily became my favorite coaster ever. So when I heard HP (something I had loved for ten years) was going to be built in IOA, I was ecstatic. Two of my favorite things--together!

Teebin, for as much information as you have provided for us, have you yet to experience the new ride?

When do you plan to?