The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
Someone on here posted a real bad pic of the rust on Universal's facebook. I hope they recongize the problem.

As you can see RocknRoller I'm in the same group as you.

This ride used to be the crown jewel of the whole park. First ever launched lift hill, worlds highest inversion, 65 mph, 7 inversions total, hollow tracks for the Hulks roar.....And now everytime I go I look at it and hang my head in shame at how ugly it has gotten......but still a great ride :smiley:

Reactions: Rock'nRoller
As you can see RocknRoller I'm in the same group as you.

This ride used to be the crown jewel of the whole park. First ever launched lift hill, worlds highest inversion, 65 mph, 7 inversions total, hollow tracks for the Hulks roar.....And now everytime I go I look at it and hang my head in shame at how ugly it has gotten......but still a great ride :smiley:

Thank you for that comment. I agree with you 110%. :rep:

I'm praying(but not keeping much hope) something will happen with Hulk by July 23rd. I'm bringing a bunch of newbies to the park and I'd love for everything to be in top shape.

As of now Hulk seems to be the only thing lagging behind...

I'm praying(but not keeping much hope) something will happen with Hulk by July 23rd. I'm bringing a bunch of newbies to the park and I'd love for everything to be in top shape.

As of now Hulk seems to be the only thing lagging behind...

Maybe not soon like your saying, but in time. I'm hoping before the end of this year.

Guys great news I asked a hulk team member when hulk will get repainted and he seaid when potter opens, and when I left IOA at closing they were draining the cement ariea where the cobra roll and loop are.

I have absolutely no knowledge based in fact or rumor, but why the heck would you paint a premier attraction the same week you will have probably the highest guest traffic since the park opened? It makes absolutely no sense at all to paint it then. I assume they'd have to close it down a few days at least, not sure if you can paint overnight and it be dry enough to operate the next morning though? If they haven't painted it yet, which they certainly should have, I would guess they won't paint it until off season in the fall, maybe late August/early September before HHN crowds start.

I have absolutely no knowledge based in fact or rumor, but why the heck would you paint a premier attraction the same week you will have probably the highest guest traffic since the park opened? It makes absolutely no sense at all to paint it then. I assume they'd have to close it down a few days at least, not sure if you can paint overnight and it be dry enough to operate the next morning though? If they haven't painted it yet, which they certainly should have, I would guess they won't paint it until off season in the fall, maybe late August/early September before HHN crowds start.

I hate to admit it but I agree with him. It makes the most logical sense because Universal will be too busy with the WWoHP crowds during the summer months (mostly July) and will want every ride open. But after July and August (when Universal has more money back from the Wizarding World and the crowds go down), who knows? Maybe a September week long refurb.

Last edited:
It has to happen during the slow season, late November, early December for 2 reason:

1. The parks are emptier

2. Its not the rainy season, so they can hire a contractor to do the work and not have to worry about delays and having to pay extra because of less chance of rain.

I dont know if he's right but all he told me was that they waited to repaint hulk becuase hulk was the parks major attraction so there waiting for potter to open so potter attracts more pepole and hulk will become less popular and more pepole will go to potter thats all he told me I have know Ideia if he's right.

How do you know he's wrong?

Because I know the discussion that surrounds this at UO and it has not gone to contract nor has it been decided. UO is waiting to see Potter traffic before a decision is made.

--- Update ---

I dont know if he's right but all he told me was that they waited to repaint hulk becuase hulk was the parks major attraction so there waiting for potter to open so potter attracts more pepole and hulk will become less popular and more pepole will go to potter thats all he told me I have know Ideia if he's right.

Most TMs think all the guests are from out of town so they just tell you what they think you want to hear. They think you're going to go back to Montana (or whatever state) and they hope the next time you come back, the problem is solved. A person in uniform, security, operations or anything of the like, have very little operating and maintanance knowledge unless their parent/spounce works in tech or the planning departments.

Because I know the discussion that surrounds this at UO and it has not gone to contract nor has it been decided. UO is waiting to see Potter traffic before a decision is made.

Hmmm... money must be tighter than hell right now. You are suggesting that they might not paint it for some time! Is it traffic or money or both re: WW? And why were the lifts in there a month or so ago? That is not an everyday occurrence or maintenance procedure. The back room deals here must be harsh. Was it just a rumor that everything must be ship shape in the entire park per the WW contract? Or was it a falsehood and they only wanted to put there best foot forward. Kind of like WDW is doing now.

Reactions: universal chris
Hmmm... money must be tighter than hell right now. You are suggesting that they might not paint it for some time! Is it traffic or money or both re: WW? And why were the lifts in there a month or so ago? That is not an everyday occurrence or maintenance procedure. The back room deals here must be harsh. Was it just a rumor that everything must be ship shape in the entire park per the WW contract? Or was it a falsehood and they only wanted to put there best foot forward. Kind of like WDW is doing now.

My good guess as to why the lifts where out there was that Universal was going to get to the rust problem and re-paint Hulk, but they canceled it for some reason unknown. And about the rumor contracts, I believe Universal is refurbing the park without being signed to a contract saying they have to. I mean its common sense that they fix their park up in top shape before they open up an attraction to the world that can restablish themselfs back up to Disney's level. So I think its to put their best foot forward.

Last edited: