The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 688 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
hey guys. ive been gone forever and i just wanted to pop in and say hello.
watched hbp last night and thought of ou. :)

looks like things a are still going strong around here (900+ pgs!!) and i'm glad.
i'll try to read back ad catch up when i can.
still planning on going dec-jan ish. getting annual passes for xmas and was planning on waiting until jan birthday, but now i sort of want to go asap when we get the passes. i'm betting they wil have a lot of xmas theming in hogsmeade and i am not sure if i want to experience "regular hogsmeade" or "xmas hogsmeade" first.
i hope everyone's trips have gone well! :) hopefully for all the waits have gone down now that the kiddies are back in school.

i'll pop over to the wdw section of ou soon, trying to use our give a day get a day passes next month.

xo guys. tty soon.

hey guys. ive been gone forever and i just wanted to pop in and say hello.
watched hbp last night and thought of ou. :)

looks like things a are still going strong around here (900+ pgs!!) and i'm glad.
i'll try to read back ad catch up when i can.
still planning on going dec-jan ish. getting annual passes for xmas and was planning on waiting until jan birthday, but now i sort of want to go asap when we get the passes. i'm betting they wil have a lot of xmas theming in hogsmeade and i am not sure if i want to experience "regular hogsmeade" or "xmas hogsmeade" first.
i hope everyone's trips have gone well! :) hopefully for all the waits have gone down now that the kiddies are back in school.

i'll pop over to the wdw section of ou soon, trying to use our give a day get a day passes next month.

xo guys. tty soon.

Welcome back! :wave: The waits have gone down drastically thanks to school. Forbidden Journey has only been a 10-30 minute wait for the most part with school back in.

I have not posted in a while, but I am going back to WW for Christmas this year and my mom just told me that when she was on the phone booking, they told her that they are planning on having snow falling in Hogsmeade :]

That would be epic! That with this certain HP score that is mainly flutes...don't know the name but it is very uplifting and has a X-Mas feel to it.

Interesting stuff. It's been rumored since the project was announced but this is the first time I've heard an employee state it. Of course, take it with a grain of salt (or snow in this case :lol:) but I wouldn't be shocked if this came true.

I have not posted in a while, but I am going back to WW for Christmas this year and my mom just told me that when she was on the phone booking, they told her that they are planning on having snow falling in Hogsmeade :]

Okay I know I'm not alone at this (I saw posts after this one) when I say PLEASE MAKE IT BE TRUE!!!!

It would be cool if the temprature was like it was in early January in the WW with real snow.

Exactly! Florida can get pretty cold in the Winter which would actually make snow seems somewhat believable. I think Universal would be missing out on a huge opportunity if they didn't take advantage of what they created. In my opinion, a Christmas/holiday event in WWoHP could become a giant staple event for Universal.

Exactly! Florida can get pretty cold in the Winter which would actually make snow seems somewhat believable. I think Universal would be missing out on a huge opportunity if they didn't take advantage of what they created. In my opinion, a Christmas/holiday event in WWoHP could become a giant staple event for Universal.

That, plus Grinchmas going on would be awesome for the park. Maybe we'll start seeing a version of warm butterbeer coming to the parks?

A Grinchmas, Macy's Holiday Parade, & Wizarding World Christmas event would be fantastic. Give us a new holiday exclusive little stageshow where the Triwizard Spirit Rally and Frog Chorus currently go on for added effect - give us falling snow and tons of decorations, with a big magical tree! If they play it off correctly and perhaps give it a few more enhancements (maybe some special drink available?) they could have a serious winter-winner on their hands to augment their Macy & Grinchmas offerings...

Just a curiosity poll for you guys: Which in your opinion would be more appropriate for WWoHP -- a separately ticketed Halloween event, or Christmas event? (Obviously both would work well, just wondering if you could have only one, which would it be?)

Depends, really. I'd rather have a separately ticketed Halloween event for Islands of Adventure (not just the Wizarding World) that would be more in the vein of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, with all of the Marvel villains, The Grinch and Sylvester McMonkey McBean, Snidely Whiplash & Bluto, various dinos, Dementors, Deatheaters, Voldemort...

A separately ticketed Christmas event would be tougher I think due to Grinchmas and Macy's across the way. The only way they could make it worth it in my eyes is if they did a big fireworks show behind Hogwartz like they did for the media grand opening... though then again there should be a fireworks show with the separately ticketed halloween party, too.

Definitely Christmas. While Halloween could work pretty well with the franchise, Christmas would be much more family-friendly. Plus, as Yeti mentioned, Christmas fits Hogsmeade and the series much more than Halloween.