The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 690 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welcome back V!ola and Rinacee!

To answer your questions, not much has changed in the WWoHP since July. From what I can recall, Cedric banners were added to the DC outdoor queue, lines have drastically died down, pygmy puffs have returned with much more in stock, the online shop website has launched allowing you to purchase WWoHP merchandise online, Butterbeer mugs have returned (not sure if you two were around when they shortly were replaced) and Hog's Head's stools have returned due to the crowds being very low currently.

Glad to have you two back again! :wave:

About time. Does anyone have any pics?

So nice to see old regulars back :) I also left after the WWoHP opened and came back to the forums recently. It's always great to be around here :)

Mantaguy, I wish DC would be updated to be more (if not all) like your description. It would be so much better! They did amazing things at the WWoHP, but there's room for improvement here and there. Well, except for actual "room"... but you know what I mean ;-P

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Rinacee and Felipe, always nice to see you guys, too! I love that the World is getting some love within its defects. :D

I just saw the pictures with the new brickwork. They're testing out different schemes and I guess soon they'll have one for sure. I hope they choose something dark and almost green at the base to keep your eyes on Hogwarts Castle. I think it would work out best if many, many more trees were added, now that rockwork is out of the picture.

Mantaguy, I'm almost done editing your list (and I added sketches!), so if there's anything you want to tell me before I send it back so you can edit it, just PM it. :)

Also, if someone can get full pictures of the DC exterior from the side (in the extended queue I believe) and dead center, that'd be great!

I'm really disappointed at the brickwork on the front-right side of the showbuilding... I think they said that it doesn't look so bad in person, but come on... didn't Universal re-do the cliffs a bunch of times to fix the forced perspective or for some other detail-obsessive reason? Did all that go out the window? Aren't bricks going to totally kill the forced perspective? I just can't figure out some of their choices... Now that they have acually experienced the huge draw, the amazing popularity and the potential for enormous profits of this place, can't they invest in a bit more on cliffs and not waste time and money on ridiculous bricks that will deteriorate the big picture when gazing upon Hogwarts? It really frustrates me...

I know, I almost felt the exact same way, Felipe, but it's something for now. My hope is that Universal updates Hogwarts castle to add to the places where you can see the showbuilding, maybe cover the entrance and exit and just use the extra money (if there is any...) to do a great update to the castle. For now, it's not likely, but who knows? Maybe the revenue Universal has gotten and will continue to get will balance everything out and Universal can do some sort of huge update to both parks. I would really love that before another ride comes into the picture.

And Universal, PLEASE cover FJ from JP. It looks so :censored: bad, and the whole northern side of JP needs a serious overhaul. I want to cry as I pass through that area. It looks like Six Flags owns half of JP. Come on. :rant:

Sounds like modified seating may have been added, from @BanksLee:
Just got word on a comment from my blog that as of yesterday, Sept. 10, Forbidden Journey has modified seats!!!!!
At the test seats, there are three lights. Red=no ride, yellow=modified, & green=any seat. Modified seats are the far left & right seats.
Only a handful of enchanted benches have modified seats right now, but more will be installed later.
@Attractions said that they will be out there later today to confirm/deny this but until then, take it for what it is.

Sounds like modified seating may have been added, from @BanksLee:

@Attractions said that they will be out there later today to confirm/deny this but until then, take it for what it is.

Wow, They got the modified seating running really fast! Maybe they'll be as fast when it comes to painting the hulk! :lol:

Universal took home some pretty prestigious awards, the FJ was a no brainer. And very happy that Spiderman still holds best darkride.

I just ordered my additional day ticket so I will be spending 2 wonderful days in WWoHP! 2 weeks from this moment, I will be on the road heading south to Orlando!!!! I haven't seen it yet but I'm already dying! 3 years of me planning this trip. I must blog at some time today.

When I am standing in IoA and see Hogwarts, I will cry then die. I know it.