The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 691 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just ordered my additional day ticket so I will be spending 2 wonderful days in WWoHP! 2 weeks from this moment, I will be on the road heading south to Orlando!!!! I haven't seen it yet but I'm already dying! 3 years of me planning this trip. I must blog at some time today.

When I am standing in IoA and see Hogwarts, I will cry then die. I know it.

You'll have an amazing time :thumbs: and you won't be with the INSANE crowds, so you'll have an even better time! :)

Ok so I went today and it was amazing because the crowds were even lighter than at soft openings. FJ was posted at 30 but it was more like 10. DC though was only running Horntail until I got to the station then thye started running Fireball. :rolleyes: And they were loading really slow overall. Hippogriff was literally a walk on. And, get this, you could actually walk in the stores! :lol: But seriously, less people really makes it a more fun experience.

The new show building cover-up isn't bad, but it doesn't cover the whole thing, so why do it if it's not complete? Oh, and the temporary bridge was blocked, off. I don't know if it's permanent, or if they're going to wait until Christmas crowds pass to tear it down. But traffic flow seems better now that it's only going two ways instead of branching off in LC and JP and causing a jam.

Ok so I went today and it was amazing because the crowds were even lighter than at soft openings. FJ was posted at 30 but it was more like 10. DC though was only running Horntail until I got to the station then thye started running Fireball. :rolleyes: And they were loading really slow overall. Hippogriff was literally a walk on. And, get this, you could actually walk in the stores! :lol: But seriously, less people really makes it a more fun experience.

The new show building cover-up isn't bad, but it doesn't cover the whole thing, so why do it if it's not complete? Oh, and the temporary bridge was blocked, off. I don't know if it's permanent, or if they're going to wait until Christmas crowds pass to tear it down. But traffic flow seems better now that it's only going two ways instead of branching off in LC and JP and causing a jam.

Well great to hear that the crowds were down today, I am heading out tomorrow and expect it to be pretty quiet.:whoo:

Thanks guys. At this moment, in 2 weeks, I will be waiting to get into the Wizarding World. :lol:

Felipe, I so hope to have absolutely no crowds whatsoever while I'm there. This is why I planned it to happen at the end of September. If I ever get to go back, I will go during February or so.

GREAT NEWS from Screamscape and our bigger people:

Great news for any of our bigger readers who have been prevented from riding Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey so far. It seems a few seats with a modified restraint system that is more accomidating have been added to the ride. So far these new seats have been placed on only a few of the cars, on the outside seats only, but eventually they should be installed on every car. You can read a bit more about these new seats at Attractions Magazine who details the process on the newly revised test-seat and how to get put in a special queue for these new seats. From what my own sources have reported, the new revised restraint system on these seats requires “5 clicks” to ride.

*makes whiny teenage girl voice* Vyrus, that is soo last page! :rolleyes: ... :rofl: Kidding :p So the test seats have been changed too? 5-clicks sounds more efficient to determine the whole elegibility-to-ride issue for the bigger sized people. I'm proud of Universal for doing something about this issue and doing it relatively quickly. (Although I have a feeling that they HAD to do this soon because of the amount of negative attention and press that FJ got for not being able to allow bigger sized people to ride)

So does anyone have any recent pics that show how the new brickwork is going along on the FJ facade?

Oops, didn't realize it was there yesterday :doh:

We are allowed a brain fart every now and then :lol:

So does anyone have any recent pics that show how the new brickwork is going along on the FJ facade?

No pics, but it does do it's job to an extent. It's pretty much rown brickwork that covers about 4/5 of the building, which draws your eye much less than a glaring white wall. Once they finish and maybe add some rockwork, it'll look pretty good.

Oh, and, finally, Extendable Ears have been added to Zonko's :happy: and these weird mints are in Honeydukes.

omg. Get pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't take my camera! :embarassed: The box is pretty big and I'd say the ear is about 8 inches tall. You put it in a room and put the earpiece in your ear, then go in another room, turn it on and listen! :lol: Or at least that's what the box says... It's $20.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but the sun glare and lack of zoom is killing it :lol: But here's the brickwork.

3e19f7fa.jpg

Extendable ears at Zonko's:

a4552351.jpg

ad5b7f8e.jpg

And are these the strange mints you're looking for? :lol:

acd61c30.jpg

No pics, but it does do it's job to an extent. It's pretty much rown brickwork that covers about 4/5 of the building, which draws your eye much less than a glaring white wall. Once they finish and maybe add some rockwork, it'll look pretty good.

Oh, and, finally, Extendable Ears have been added to Zonko's :happy: and these weird mints are in Honeydukes.

I WANT EXTENDABLE EARS!!!! ... :D ... :lol:

Rewster THANKS for pics!! :)

Last edited:
^ Yeah. :lol: Why would anyone buy something that's advertised to splinter your teeth? Haha

We bought them because the tin was cool..and it's mentioned in the books. But it actually has these little white mints that look like pills, actually. And when they say strong, they mean it - way too strong for me to enjoy.
But I'm bummed that they have extendable ears NOW, when it looks like we aren't going back until 2011.

Went today, crowds were very light compared to any other day. Got five rides in on FJ, one on FotH, and one on Ice. I still have not done Ollivanders as the line was the longest one there. I refuse to wait more than 5 minutes for this. If anyone else rode today check the spoiler thread about something I noticed today.

Here are some random Potter pics,

1h6xoh.jpg

2mmzp5j.jpg

2dsik42.jpg

2w20iyw.jpg

wgsx21.jpg

33w9z6r.jpg

ern7ll.jpg

35ipvv8.jpg

muu4i8.jpg

Nice pics hatetofly! :thumbs:

The brickwork looks very good imo. It's also Good to see that they are re-stocking their merchandise.

The crowds still look heavier then they were during the hotel previews. When do you guys think the crowds will be as light as they were then?