Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it could work if you open your mind to the possibilities and get innovative. And clearly the team at Universal is. It is possible, and just because you don't think it could be doesn't mean it won't be.* People also believed that Potter would teeter out, they wouldn't make another movie after the first... It can, and probably will, happen. I can see it, and I can see solutions to all of the problems you have proposed. And I have also proposed solutions to them.

Now you're just making things up that are not in the books. I've read the series three times, don't try to fool me.

* And just because you think it will happen doesn't mean it will. Your comment is hypocritical.

Now you're just making things up that are not in the books. I've read the series three times, don't try to fool me.

* And just because you think it will happen doesn't mean it will. Your comment is hypocritical.

How so? I said it probably will, not that it will :) Don't try to misquote me, since you hate us doing the same thing. Just because you think it won't happen doesn't mean it won't - just because I think it will happen based on statistics and logistics of a business doesn't mean it will. I believe it is extremely likely though. How am I making something up that isn't from the books? There is a passage way from the Hogs Head to the castle. Who's to say, besides J.K. Rowling, that there is no passageway from a Diagon Alley shop to a Hogsmeade shop? Maybe they are friends? I didn't say anything that wasn't in the books.

--- Update ---

Give me one sign of expansion besides the survey, and Uni has put a lot of surveys out there.

One sentence - 36 percent attendance increase. Here's another - Merchandise revenue that is through the roof.

--- Update ---

Oh.. Now I get your point! Because Magic makes anything work! That's not complete BS or anything!

I didn't say magic makes anything work, and your statement seems kind of rude. I am trying to be respectful of your opinion, please have the courtesy to try to be respectful of mine...

However, going by the books, we already have an example of a passage way between places. Granted they are in close proximity of eachother, however, it is there. Who's to say we can't have a portrait passage between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade from two shops of similar caliber (perhaps the Owl Post and the Leaky Cauldron?)... Listen, these are my ideas. I'm not saying "It's 100 percent going to happen" because no one can tell for sure the future. However, the ideas could be made to work, and knowing Universal, they can and would do it. This is an expansion plan that I think could work out very well if done right... Knowing J.K. Rowling, they would do it right too...

However, an expansion is also probably quite a ways away, because you'd have to close down the whole area, and they wouldn't want to do that with the throngs it's bringing in now. If it were to happen, it will be within about oh say 3-4 years...

How so? I said it probably will, not that it will :) Don't try to misquote me, since you hate us doing the same thing. Just because you think it won't happen doesn't mean it won't - just because I think it will happen based on statistics and logistics of a business doesn't mean it will. I believe it is extremely likely though. How am I making something up that isn't from the books? There is a passage way from the Hogs Head to the castle. Who's to say, besides J.K. Rowling, that there is no passageway from a Diagon Alley shop to a Hogsmeade shop? Maybe they are friends? I didn't say anything that wasn't in the books.

But it could work if you open your mind to the possibilities and get innovative. And clearly the team at Universal is. It is possible, and just because you don't think it could be doesn't mean it won't be. People also believed that Potter would teeter out, they wouldn't make another movie after the first... It can, and probably will, happen. I can see it, and I can see solutions to all of the problems you have proposed. And I have also proposed solutions to them.

And yes you did just say something that wasn't in the books. No where in any of the seven volumes is there mention of a passageway between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

One sentence - 36 percent attendance increase.

And this is a sure sign of an expansion? To me it says we should keep doing exactly what we're doing right now because it's making us more money than we've ever made before, and we should not change anything.

Give me one sign of expansion besides the survey, and Uni has put a lot of surveys out there.

• Survey about Expansion
  • Several "in-the know" members confirm discussions about Expansion
  • Screamscape posting about Expansion
  • Tom Felton confirms there is talk about Expansion
  • Rumored "Expansion" clause in contract
  • 36% attendance increase
  • Largest crowds since 2004

At the same time, the main arguement being presented against it is, "it's too difficult to pull off".

Reactions: Frogki
And yes you did just say something that wasn't in the books. No where in any of the seven volumes is there mention of a passageway between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

And this is a sure sign of an expansion? To me it says we should keep doing exactly what we're doing right now because it's making us more money than we've ever made before, and we should not change anything.

I mentioned something that isn't mentioned in cannon. However, there IS a passageway between the Hogshead and Hogwarts. Granted they are much closer than Diagon Alley and Hogwarts, but once again, your talking about J.K. Rowling and Universal's creative team. They could come up with something.

And to me, it says "Ohhhh, we've got a good thing going with Potter! Let's keep it up, once the initial hype dies down we can expand into LC, and we'll raise our attendance again!"... And really, I think we all agree - we need SOMETHING to divert those crowds from Hogsmeade because I swear we'll hear about someone getting trampled by the stampede of crowds in the WWoHP someday xD

--- Update ---

Oh yes, you never said that at all :rolleyes:

I didn't say magic makes anything possible. And yes, while implausible, that is my idea. J.K. Rowling and the team at Universal creative can pull this off, and with a much better idea than I have :) (I really need to get my creative juices pumping again - I'm lacking in innovation/creativity it seems!!)... Whether they will or not is still up for debate, however, most of the signs point to "yes, they will"...

And to me, it says "Ohhhh, we've got a good thing going with Potter! Let's keep it up, once the initial hype dies down we can expand into LC, and we'll raise our attendance again!"... And really, I think we all agree - we need SOMETHING to divert those crowds from Hogsmeade because I swear we'll hear about someone getting trampled by the stampede of crowds in the WWoHP someday xD

It's hardly a stampede; you can't even move when it's at its busiest. Hoever that will die down, but not so much that they will stop making a huge profit. Why spend a ton more money when people are going to keep coming back anyway?

--- Update ---

• Survey about Expansion there were other survey that will never come to fruitation
  • Several "in-the know" members confirm discussions about Expansion SAS
  • Screamscape posting about Expansion there posting was arbirtary
  • Tom Felton confirms there is talk about Expansion of course there is talk, duh, we're talking about it right now
  • Rumored "Expansion" clause in contract that could mean anything
  • 36% attendance increase refer to my previous post
  • Largest crowds since 2004 refer to my previous post

At the same time, the main arguement being presented against it is, "it's too difficult to pull off".

There are your answers. ^

• Survey about Expansion
so what? There have been surveys before.
• Several "in-the know" members confirm discussions about Expansion
one word. SAS
• Screamscape posting about Expansion
Screamscape is a rumor site. Of course there will be rumors.
• Tom Felton confirms there is talk about Expansion
of course they would talk of expansion. That means nothing.
• Rumored "Expansion" clause in contract.
It doesn't say that. It says elements must be added after DH. The size could be argued.
  • 36% attendance increase
  • Largest crowds since 2004
So? People are still coming just for HP. They should wait several years.

People only said that about Diagon Alley.

It's hardly a stampede; you can't even move when it's at its busiest. Hoever that will die down, but not so much that they will stop making a huge profit. Why spend a ton more money when people are going to keep coming back anyway?

Because spending money earns you more money Manta. People will NOT come in the throngs they did this summer, and they have never done so before. Potter WAS hyped an awful lot, and it still is by the tourists. With an expansion, we see crowds again with merchandise sales and attendance increases. In the meantime, we work on the rest of the park and make it more presentable, then once the sales and crowds start to level, they pull the expansion. I'm not just pulling this out of my head because I want an expansion (personally I don't care either way), I've thought about this and looked at the statistics and it makes sense...

Because spending money earns you more money Manta. People will NOT come in the throngs they did this summer, and they have never done so before. Potter WAS hyped an awful lot, and it still is by the tourists. With an expansion, we see crowds again with merchandise sales and attendance increases. In the meantime, we work on the rest of the park and make it more presentable, then once the sales and crowds start to level, they pull the expansion. I'm not just pulling this out of my head because I want an expansion (personally I don't care either way), I've thought about this and looked at the statistics and it makes sense...

There are 300000000 people in this country alone. We are in a recession, and the vast majority of them couldn't care about Universal or HP or could not afford to come. They will save money as the economy grows again and will come, years down the road if need be. I have friends here in FL that go to parks only every few years. And when you add in every other person from the other 194 countries in the world that wants to go to Orlando but couldn't afford to this year, whoo that's a lot of people that will continue to come and re-come for years to come.

I do agree that first priority should be refurbing the whole resort *Hulk* and replacing crap attractions *FFL and Nuetron*.

Last edited:
Of course, Universal just throws out surveys for kicks and giggles. Some may never come true but guess what, there are reasons behind them.

How can you compare a blatant liar (SAS), to folks who are yet to lie to us (Teebin, JungleSkip, and more)? Is that a joke?

Screamscape may be a rumor site but guess what: they didn't become a huge theme park site by BSing day-after-day in their updates.

It may not say a required amount, but it does push more towards an addition.

So, people are going to continue to come to the parks forever in this size of crowds based off of this? An expansion down the road will return the large crowds that are currently here.

There are 300000 people in this country alone. We are in a recession, and the vast majority of them couldn't care about Universal or HP or could not afford to come. They will save money as the economy grows again and will come, years down the road if need be. I have friends here in FL that go to parks only every few years. And when you add in every other person from the other 194 countries in the world that wants to go to Orlando but couldn't afford to this year, whoo that's a lot of people that will continue to come and re-come for years to come.

I do agree that first priority should be refurbing the whole resort *Hulk* and replacing crap attractions *FFL and Nuetron*.

You actually just helped me Manta. If we're in a recession, and THIS many people have come (heck, they hit the million rider mark on FJ months ago, I think that's a first in a new ride EVER) during a recession, then you would be stupid not to expand and get even more people to come and come again. This expansion won't happen right now. It will happen in a few years...

Oh, and off topic, but honestly *facepalm* we are not yet recovering from this recession (that was only called a recession to keep the general population from panicking - it's a darn depression) rotfl...

You actually just helped me Manta. If we're in a recession, and THIS many people have come (heck, they hit the million rider mark on FJ months ago, I think that's a first in a new ride EVER) during a recession, then you would be stupid not to expand and get even more people to come and come again. This expansion won't happen right now. It will happen in a few years...

Oh, and off topic, but honestly *facepalm* we are not yet recovering from this recession (that was only called a recession to keep the general population from panicking - it's a darn depression) rotfl...

Are you saying that less people will come when more people are able to? No.

And yes, jobs and income are up. Things are better economically for the U.SA. than they have been recently.

How can you compare a blatant liar (SAS), to folks who are yet to lie to us (Teebin, JungleSkip, and more)? Is that a joke?
I didn't know what members you were talking about. I was just saying that it is possible for someone to lie in this site. I agree, there must have been some talk of expansion, but that means nothing.

Screamscape may be a rumor site but guess what: they didn't become a huge theme park site by BSing day-after-day in their updates.
So are you saying Screamscape is always right? Every now and then, they might get some false information.

So, people are going to continue to come to the parks forever in this size of crowds based off of this? An expansion down the road will return the large crowds that are currently here.
Again, I agree that there will be an expansion sometime down the road. The only people I disagree with are those who say that it will be Diagon Alley, and people who say something will be announced within the next year.

Are you saying that less people will come when more people are able to? No.

And yes, jobs and income are up. Things are better economically for the U.SA. than they have been recently.

No, I'm saying that a TON of people have come already, and it's going to slow down eventually. Not right now - down the road, 3-4 years (possibly a little more but they want to expand while the iron is hot). But this has never happened in the history of theme parks. An expansion wouldn't make less people come, now would it? It would draw in more people who haven't really been paying attention...

Sorry, rotfl, that was my little political rant, honestly, I think you can play with numbers to make em what you want them to be. The overall economy may be improving, but the housing market is still horrible and you should really come down to my part of the state, they're leaving in boatloads xD

Of course, Universal just throws out surveys for kicks and giggles. Some may never come true but guess what, there are reasons behind them.

So, with your logic, Lord of the Rings is gonna take over the LC next year! :happy: :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Teebin has said nothing about knowing whether or not anything has happened, and I believe he does not want the WW to expand.

Screamscape could very well be excited about a possible expansion and could be clinging to any hoep that it will come. It's run by a person, not an unfeeling, uncaring person.

The fact that expansion of some sort is required is still a complete rumor. No one but the people who wrote is and signed it, and the people they told, know what the conract says.

No. The reason for the recent huge crowds was because never before had the world of HP been brought to life like this. You will never be able to say that again. Far less people will come to the opening of an expansion than to the opening of the original.

--- Update ---

No, I'm saying that a TON of people have come already, and it's going to slow down eventually. Not right now - down the road, 3-4 years (possibly a little more but they want to expand while the iron is hot). But this has never happened in the history of theme parks. An expansion wouldn't make less people come, now would it? It would draw in more people who haven't really been paying attention...

You said before that attendence will drop even when people have more money to travel.

People who haven't paid attention? The whole world knows about the WW. And only a small small fraction who care have visited the WW. Next year will be just as busy, and the year after...

Honestly people, there's no need to fight about this.

If there are people intent on not believing there will be an expansion, let them.

Just make sure to rub it in their face in 3-5 years. :p

*Kidding of course, relax everyone*

Status
Not open for further replies.