Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teebin has stated that Expansion will happen (Just a matter of when), and that his sources have been vague so that's all he can share.

And while the evidence isn't factual evidence, it's more evidence pointing towards expansion. There are too many signs pointing to yes, and when there is smoke, there is fire. The only evidence "The Against" people have is "Because it doesn't make sense". Rowling knows her world cannot be recreated to a T in the theme park world (I vaguely remember seeing a video of this being discussed but I cannot remember where).

There are only 2 things stopping this expansion from happening, and that's Rowling and Universal. Otherwise, might as well start debating about what's being added. And not to toot my horn, but there are certain benefits from owning OU. ;)

Reactions: JungleSkip and TSSD
I do not believe in an expansion. But if it ever becomes announced and confirmed, you can rub it in my face and say I told you so, all you want. There are plenty of rumors about everything, and of cousre there are going to be plenty for a Phase II of Harry Potter because.. what the hell, everybody wants one. But just because it's all the rage, and everybody is boasting about how much money Universal is going to make, and this smoke is coming from a fire, and rumors are popping up everywhere...

Does not mean that an expansion is going to happen. Plain and simple. This is nothing new, there is always new things brought to Orlando and when hasn't there been expanding rumors? HP is popular, but that means nothing. It's just part of a theme park, and it's very unrealistic for them to just go and scrap the arabian area of Lost Continent, to have a pathetic excuse of a land consisting of one restaurant and one attraction. But, I'm tired of repeating my self over, and over... so go ahead and use your creativity to think up something that is not in the books, and hasn't happened in the movies, so guests will be confused and will most likely dislike it. I for one, being one of the biggest HP fans out there, will be enjoying Fantasyland.

Mitch, just because were thinking doesn't mean you have to completely dismiss it as some sort of stupid waste of time. It's just for the fun of it. And one thing is for sure, nothing is impossible. For all you know, just posting your ideas on a thread could get you noticed by a theme park and maybe you could get picked as a new imagineer or universal creative team member. It's highly unlikely yes and I know that, but not impossible. If we want to come up with ideas for something that might never exist, so be it. It's fun, it's creative, and it's better than "repeating yourself over and over".

Teebin has stated that Expansion will happen (Just a matter of when), and that his sources have been vague so that's all he can share.

And while the evidence isn't factual evidence, it's more evidence pointing towards expansion. There are too many signs pointing to yes, and when there is smoke, there is fire. The only evidence "The Against" people have is "Because it doesn't make sense". Rowling knows her world cannot be recreated to a T in the theme park world (I vaguely remember seeing a video of this being discussed but I cannot remember where).

There are only 2 things stopping this expansion from happening, and that's Rowling and Universal. Otherwise, might as well start debating about what's being added. And not to toot my horn, but there are certain benefits from owning OU. ;)

Much respect for this wonderfully rational post.:rep:

I love that we've been having continuity debates when we don't even know what era/book of the series this is supposed to be in, there are different seasons going on at multiple locations of the island, and all the little continuity things. In short it's a theme park island. There will always be some slack to be cut.

And in all honesty your crazy if you don't think Potter is going to expand. Islands hit capacity for the first time in YEARS and not just once this year but multiple times. I can't think of a time where Islands hit capacity this many times and Potter even almost got Uni which can hold thousands more to hit capacity.

JK Rowling is smart, she'll create Potter craze after the movies come out. Lucas has re-created Indy and Star Wars craze multiple times and the original series was completed decades ago, and the prequels have been done for years.

Oh man when I came on this thread I saw like 7 new pages and I was all excited thinking something had happened. But instead I was met with pages and pages of back and forth circular arguments. I am disappoint. :faint:

But joining in I do have to say you are fighting a losing battle, naysayers. You seem to be heavily influenced by your own stated preferences for bringing no changes to WWoHP. You like the way it is now and don't want it to change, therefore it is a fact that it doesn't make sense to expand. Well that's just what your arguments seem like to me.
Whereas any piece of evidence we find all seems to point to expansion.

Reactions: Brian G.
The majority tourist isn't any three of those though XD and for theme park fans and HP fans, even if they did make a fairly bad/lame expansion, they would probably still go.

Not true. Most people who will go to the WW are either theme park fans or HP fans.

--- Update ---

Oh man when I came on this thread I saw like 7 new pages and I was all excited thinking something had happened. But instead I was met with pages and pages of back and forth circular arguments. I am disappoint. :faint:

But joining in I do have to say you are fighting a losing battle, naysayers. You seem to be heavily influenced by your own stated preferences for bringing no changes to WWoHP. You like the way it is now and don't want it to change, therefore it is a fact that it doesn't make sense to expand. Well that's just what your arguments seem like to me.

And to me, it seems like everytime something comes up, you've (directed at every one) warped and twisted it so that it fits your expansion propositions. Posters have already said how every one of your "pieces of evidence" does not necessarily mean a thing.

--- Update ---

You are wrong on this count and I'm sick of stating this fact. The designers of the park do not want to change it. They like it the way it is, and in their case, just because they want it does mean it's so.

And the argument that it doesn't make sense is more valid than you'd like to think because it's the only thing that the single person who can say yes or no cares about.

The majority of your so-called smoke is the discussion going on on sites like this. So, every one on here is fueling the fire, not the people who count.

JK Rowling is smart, she'll create Potter craze after the movies come out. Lucas has re-created Indy and Star Wars craze multiple times and the original series was completed decades ago, and the prequels have been done for years.

Coming soon... "Harry Potter meets Jar Jar Binks." Tagline:"Mesa no like he who must not be named!"
Like I have said earlier, I agree. However some confusion has arisin with the people who think expnsion will happen, but have been very anti-Diagon Alley. Very few people who have been arguing against Diagon Alley have said "NO, HP EXPANSION WILL NOT HAPPEN!", however some people interperet those posts to be anti-expansion. I say, HP expansion will happen, but it will not be Diagon Alley, but rather Forbidden Forest, Hogsmeade expansion, or something else. Just NOT Diagon Alley.

--- Update ---

The designers of the park do not want to change it. They like it the way it is

As much as I don't want an HP expansion, remember, the head people at Uni might say that they want an expansion, in which case, it would happen.

As much as I don't want an HP expansion, remember, the head people at Uni might say that they want an expansion, in which case, it would happen.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

How many times do I have to point this out? The Universal creative team does not want an expansion!!! They said so in an interview!!! There is a reason they chose to go with Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, and it is because those location take center stage in the key parts of the books! If they were to add anything at all, I completely agree with you that they should stick with the Scotland locations.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

How many times do I have to point this out? The Universal creative team does not want an expansion!!! They said so in an interview!!! There is a reason they chose to go with Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, and it is because those location take center stage in the key parts of the books! If they were to add anything at all, I completely agree with you that they should stick with the Scotland locations.

The heads of Uni have not. The WW designers have, but not the president of UOR.

Update

Where? Seriously. That has never been stated as far as I know.

Provide the interview.
It was said by the people who designed the WW immediately after the park opened, I think in the 3 Broomsticks.

Last edited:
Designers don't want it? Didn't know they paid the bills.

I think it's pointless to bicker back and forth in this point. Just remember this section of the thread when the time comes.

Reactions: StarTrekGeek
^^Ahhhh...yea. I remember that now. It's a shame they won't be getting their wish.(Not really. I'll enjoy the expansion)

I think it's pointless to bicker back and forth in this point. Just remember this section of the thread when the time comes.

Agreed. I'm finished with this conversation until the announcement comes.

:)

[video=youtube;OxxFV-u7Jr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxxFV-u7Jr0[/video]

--- Update ---

No, but those who are going to spend the majority of money at the WW are going to be the HP fans.

lol so people who aren't fans won't spend money? Money is money and most everybody, fan or not, who visits WWOHP spends money.

The designers know what the people like, and the heads want to build what the money-spending people (in this case, HP fans) will like, and Diagon Alley right next to Hogsmeade won't cut it. The heads know the designers are smart, and they are not going to make them draw up something that won't work, and a rediculously non-canon WW will not work.

I'll also remember this portion of the thread for how cocky you're being.

--- Update ---

lol so people who aren't fans won't spend money? Money is money and most everybody, fan or not, who visits WWOHP spends money.

Fan or not, everyone who goes to Disney spends money. There's no difference. But there is a big difference between how much money. The average vacationeer is not going to shell out $300 for a broomstick, $80 for a map, and $350 for a wooden cane.

Status
Not open for further replies.