The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 747 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry to change the subject but I needed to get this out....

I have seen that same CGI WWOHP commerical 3 times today! It is SO annoying! They need to get a REAL commerical!
That looks really FAKE!! It is getting very annoying!

I have seen that same CGI WWOHP commerical 3 times today! It is SO annoying! They need to get a REAL commerical!

What they need is some live action shots from the entire resort, and one separate HP commercial with live shots from the castle and the shops...

:iagree:
It's SOOOO aggrivating seeing that! I mean, the park's been open for almost a year now, you already have footage from the "Making Of" special, just take some of that and turn it into a 30 second commercial. If I wasn't so busy right now, I'd make one myself!

Well, they were just filming in the island a few weeks back for what was assumed to be an updated commercial. Maybe soon? :shrug:

I think there should be a series of three commercials:

1. There is a teenager, 14 or 15, sitting on his bed with a Harry Potter themed bedroom with all the books. The camera captures some of the trinkets he owns and the books and the posters, then shows him reading one of the books, all the while a clock ticks loudly. He grabs his homemade wand and faintly in the background you hear the main Harry Potter theme played slowly on some bells as he stares at the wand longingly. He closes his eyes and the music builds as suddenly you hear a big WOOSH and he is standing at the base of the Hogsmeade arch and he opens his eyes to the sight of a Hogsmeade with witches and wizards and Hogwarts castle in the background and the music gets emotional. Cut to him walking forward slowly as the camera zooms out and gets the full shot of the Wizarding World. A narrator says something to the effect of, "Now you can truly visit Harry's world at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; Now open at Universal Orlando Resort!"

2. A girl of about the same age sits by herself in the middle of a boring high school cafeteria. She's wearing a homemade cloak and pokes at her food with a plastic Harry Potter fork. Some girls, dressed "normally", walk up to her and one pushes her as another picks up a homemade wand she has laying around. The girl angrily shouts to "Give it back!" as the girl teasingly waves it around. Suddenly the main theme plays softly as the girl stands calmly and walks up to the other girl and then the music builds as she coils her arm and punches her offender. As she gives the blow, she finds herself under the Hogsmeade arch having actually punched into thin air. The same ending applies to this one.

3. An elderly couple walks in to a Victorian coffee shop hand in hand and smiling goofy smiles, both pretending to have a duel with their 'wands'. They sit down on a Victorian-esque bench (basically the FJ bench but more authentic and without the dividers or head-cover) as the camera shifts its focus to Jo Rowling herself about to order some coffee. She orders and then turns around, and the elderly couple are whispering spells to each other. Rowling smiles mysteriously and raises her pen towards them and flicks it. Instantly, the restraints lower out of thin air as the couple apparates into the air and they are found flying around Hogwarts. The camera captures a full shot of the castle as the bench flies by the camera, stopping in slow motion with the couple smiling and holding on, and the logo appears as the camera slowly zooms out (camera travels backwards through the "P" in "Potter") and the same ending applies.

What do you all think?

I think there should be a series of three commercials:

1. There is a teenager, 14 or 15, sitting on his bed with a Harry Potter themed bedroom with all the books. The camera captures some of the trinkets he owns and the books and the posters, then shows him reading one of the books, all the while a clock ticks loudly. He grabs his homemade wand and faintly in the background you hear the main Harry Potter theme played slowly on some bells as he stares at the wand longingly. He closes his eyes and the music builds as suddenly you hear a big WOOSH and he is standing at the base of the Hogsmeade arch and he opens his eyes to the sight of a Hogsmeade with witches and wizards and Hogwarts castle in the background and the music gets emotional. Cut to him walking forward slowly as the camera zooms out and gets the full shot of the Wizarding World. A narrator says something to the effect of, "Now you can truly visit Harry's world at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; Now open at Universal Orlando Resort!"

2. A girl of about the same age sits by herself in the middle of a boring high school cafeteria. She's wearing a homemade cloak and pokes at her food with a plastic Harry Potter fork. Some girls, dressed "normally", walk up to her and one pushes her as another picks up a homemade wand she has laying around. The girl angrily shouts to "Give it back!" as the girl teasingly waves it around. Suddenly the main theme plays softly as the girl stands calmly and walks up to the other girl and then the music builds as she coils her arm and punches her offender. As she gives the blow, she finds herself under the Hogsmeade arch having actually punched into thin air. The same ending applies to this one.

3. An elderly couple walks in to a Victorian coffee shop hand in hand and smiling goofy smiles, both pretending to have a duel with their 'wands'. They sit down on a Victorian-esque bench (basically the FJ bench but more authentic and without the dividers or head-cover) as the camera shifts its focus to Jo Rowling herself about to order some coffee. She orders and then turns around, and the elderly couple are whispering spells to each other. Rowling smiles mysteriously and raises her pen towards them and flicks it. Instantly, the restraints lower out of thin air as the couple apparates into the air and they are found flying around Hogwarts. The camera captures a full shot of the castle as the bench flies by the camera, stopping in slow motion with the couple smiling and holding on, and the logo appears as the camera slowly zooms out (camera travels backwards through the "P" in "Potter") and the same ending applies.

What do you all think?

They all sound really great to me! I personally really like the last one, just sounds like a cool commercial lol...

I like the first one. The second one is just like, the girl punches the other girl and then suddenly she's in the Wizarding World...? And the one with the elderly people didn't really fit the whole concept of the Wizarding World. But I really liked the first one.... pretty much the story of my life.

I like the first one. The second one is just like, the girl punches the other girl and then suddenly she's in the Wizarding World...? And the one with the elderly people didn't really fit the whole concept of the Wizarding World. But I really liked the first one.... pretty much the story of my life.

Well they're all suddenly apparating into the Wizarding World. It's like a sort of 'theme': the two teens aren't magical or of magical descent, but their wishes are so strong that they somehow are granted the ability to apparate for this instant. The elderly couple is apparated because Rowling is actually a witch.

I don't however understand what you mean that the Wizarding World doesn't apply to an elderly couple. Harry Potter isn't an age-specific fandom whatsoever, haha. But if you mean that it doesn't match the general storyline of WWoHP, it doesn't; Jo just willingly decides to send the couple flying over Hogwarts using magic; it's nothing to do with the ministry allowing muggles to fly over; she just enchants the bench like Hermione and lets them apparate to Hogwarts. Does that make sense?

Just rode yesterday, all effect working to a perfect T, except the only complaint I would have would be that fog screens in the spider scene need to be thicker.

Well that's not what they're trying to say - HP is viewed as a part of the nerd spectrum in schools now (unfortunately D: ), it's something that's made fun of quite often...

Haha not in my school! You're in the minority if you do make fun of HP. :lol:

Vyrus - yeah that's always been like that and it makes me think that it's not worth having if you can see completely through it.

I think some of the scenes need an E.T. queue style fog, as well as the exterior of the castle to simulate distance.

And Manta, lucky you with your Harry Potter loving school!