The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 772 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I'm back from a visit today and I have some news:

• The new walkway (the plans of which we saw a couple days ago) is going to be a new set of lockers as per three entry gate students and two main entrance greeters (for confirmation). Construction has already begun. If I had my camera, I would have taken pictures, but alas--regardless, what is visible is basic land clearing and multicolored flags. This could be interesting as it leads to the Greenhouses.
  • @Skubersky has a picture of the new portrait in the Gryffindor Common Room. It looks decent enough to belong, but the movement in the portrait contrasts with the stillness in the others. Regardless, it does match the scenery, and it features a bench with four Hogwarts students riding it very quickly through what appears to be a long corridor.
  • Also, FJ does not have a floorplan available within the building (even to the operators--talk about a fire hazard!), but it does have some great and willing staff that are super nice. However, I did extend my neck on a few rides and have deduced even more from the layout, so expect some course drawings of it sooner or later!

Last edited:
Of course they will update the effects in FJ overtime, but I don't see them changing the storyline. Ever. It has become IOA's Haunted Mansion. Updates always come, but the story remains the same. People love it. Besides us theme park nerds, nobody notices the story. And we all know how much they care about what we think.

FJ also has a set narrative that they filmed with the core cast of the movies. They shot their scenes while the movies were still in production and it's doubtful they can, or will, agree to more shooting seeing as it was only for a theme park (in their eyes). Unless they cast random people (highly unlikely) they really can't adjust too much. The timing of that narrative has been set in time to the ride so I seriously doubt that these hopes of FJ being altered will ever see the light of day.

And in actuality, not every person out there is a theme park fanatic and came to WWOHP in it's first year open. People hear about and might plan it for a vacation for a few years from that point in time. There are still millions who haven't yet experienced the area and Uni wont just up and adjust things because some have enjoyed all they can out of it.

I'm personally hoping for a phase two expansion. I think it would be cool if they incorporated the lagoon into an attraction of some sort. Maybe a "Black Lake Challenge" of sort.

Of course they will update the effects in FJ overtime, but I don't see them changing the storyline. Ever. It has become IOA's Haunted Mansion. Updates always come, but the story remains the same. People love it. Besides us theme park nerds, nobody notices the story. And we all know how much they care about what we think.

Do you not recall people flipping over the changes in Haunted Mansion? People went batcrazy when they heard of the new interactive queue and upgraded Hitchhiking Ghosts. I certainly agree they they'll only update the effects and not the storyline but changes are rarely ever welcomed, initially anyway.

Do you not recall people flipping over the changes in Haunted Mansion? People went batcrazy when they heard of the new interactive queue and upgraded Hitchhiking Ghosts. I certainly agree they they'll only update the effects and not the storyline but changes are rarely ever welcomed, initially anyway.

People love the new ghosts. If it's a good update, it will be welcomed with open arms.

You are speaking of an entirely different breed of humans there... :lol:

They shot their scenes while the movies were still in production and it's doubtful they can, or will, agree to more shooting seeing as it was only for a theme park (in their eyes).

How do we know they didn't film additional scenes for FJ whilst they were filming the scenes currently in there? They could already have additional footage they have not yet put in the ride for the sake of waiting for Part 2.

So I'm back from a visit today and I have some news:

• The new walkway (the plans of which we saw a couple days ago) is going to be a new set of lockers as per three entry gate students and two main entrance greeters (for confirmation). Construction has already begun. If I had my camera, I would have taken pictures, but alas--regardless, what is visible is basic land clearing and multicolored flags. This could be interesting as it leads to the Greenhouses.
Okay, I'm not denying that the TMs at the ride told you that their would be new lockers, but what I've heard from my roommate who works the ride is that the new pathway is going to be for a new locker line. (I know, you guys probably think I'm a noob and have no room to talk here [I think I was the one who pointed out the inactive dementors, yes?])

Anywho, this was told to me by 2 leads and my roommate. The problem they've been having has been the locker line been backed up all the to the JP bridge. If you think about it, putting lockers there would not make any sense. It would simply make it more confusing. Here's what was told to me:

The current way you walk to the castle is bags on the right, no bags on the left. That makes sense, as the lockers inside the castle will be on the right. This new pathway will simply be more queue... going back along the the side of the castle and back up to the pathway. With this new system, the 2 lines will now change. The locker line will be on the left, the no bag line will be on the right. This will also create a new position just inside the castle to manage the two lines having to cross each other. The attendant there will have to halt the locker line to let the non locker line go and visa versa.

If you think about it, this is the only way for it to work. Putting lockers at the courtyard wouldn't work. Let's say they did put lockers there, this is how it would look:

Guest comes up with no bags, but sees a bag line on the right feeding into the castle lockers, and sees a bag line on the left feeding into more lockers. Which way will the guest go? I thought this was a ride? Remember folks, they build parks for the clueless.

They can't expand the line on the right, because of the exit and Hippogriff right there. They don't need any more queue line for the ride, they need more locker queue. It's the only thing that makes sense. Putting lockers closer to the JP entrance would only make the line longer, spilling into JP even quicker. Honestly, the only congestion I see in that area (besides a show going on) is when the lockers is almost to the butterbeer cart. Anywho, we'll see what happens, but I'm pretty sure no more lockers are going into that area, just a place to hold everyone needing lockers.

BTW, if I'm wrong, please don't brand me forever a loser. It's just a mistake I made. Everyone here makes them too.

OoooOOOOOOH that actually makes much more sense since the queue is all windy and doesn't have squared sections for the lockers themselves. Thanks for the clarification! See, the students only said "oh, that's for lockers" so I assumed it was for the lockers themselves.

So, the left bag holders will miss a small part of the attraction; the dungeon. Hm hm hm. The whole thing seems awkward at best, but if you think about it, the design of the single rider queue has always been very awkward, crossing from right to left at the last minute. Why oh why didn't they just keep the singles on the right? Only benefit the single riders would get would be 3 feet closer to the sorting hat.

So am I to understand that White Rabbit's suggestion is that they are still going to use both locker areas? There will be a few die-hard potter fans that will crap when they realize they have missed the mirror of E-somethingicannotremember and whatever else that is in the duhngeown (last misspelling on purpose).

How do we know they didn't film additional scenes for FJ whilst they were filming the scenes currently in there? They could already have additional footage they have not yet put in the ride for the sake of waiting for Part 2.

While I already stated this three or four pages back, I am glad that you restated it more clearly CB. I maintain that it is a very real possibility. The last third of the ride feels like a placeholder right now. A vague placeholder for something else.

Last edited:
No from the sounds of it, this pathway will be STRICTLY a line waiting for a locker, and then you enter the queue as normal.