The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 773 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No from the sounds of it, this pathway will be STRICTLY a line waiting for a locker, and then you enter the queue as normal.

Whah... so they will cue a loop at the base of the castle cliffs and then walk back up to main entrance??? What will they do with the old locker area? More shopping space? I cannot wait to see what the reality of all this is as it sounds very messy as described. It has to be better than what has been imagined here... I mean how numb could the leaders of Univ... never mind :look:

Teebin, okay, here it is simply: no bag people on the right, bag people on the left with the fancy new queue. A student waits at the main entrance, and he or she lets in one group at a time to either put things away (bags) or go right onto the ride (no bags) in turns. So, no-bags go for a bit, then bags go, etc. There are no new lockers, just a new extended queue for them.

Teebin, okay, here it is simply: no bag people on the right, bag people on the left with the fancy new queue. A student waits at the main entrance, and he or she lets in one group at a time to either put things away (bags) or go right onto the ride (no bags) in turns. So, no-bags go for a bit, then bags go, etc. There are no new lockers, just a new extended queue for them.

Hmmm... so it is a bags queue, but not a queue with lockers. Looking at the plans right now... why does the cue separate at both ends with the only solution to enter part of the existing queue only to loop back to the main entrance? I am just not sold on these suggestions based on the plans. Unless the loop happens before the final split thus leaving us to wonder, why the final split in the queue closest to the main queue? If someone on here has a drawing program please illustrate, ON THE PLANS, how this is supposed to work based on the found blueprint. I hope that I am annoying the hell out all of you... as I am not sold on how this will play out.

There are a whole bunch more dementors and paintings and possibly an area for projections of such on the upper parts of the dementor scene that one never sees. It was rumored to have been turned off at the request of Warner Bros. as it was deemed "too scary". I am not convinced that "too scary" is true and reserve the possibility that it might be for a future update to the ride. We do know for a fact that this stuff is present as it has been seen by a few when the ride goes down.

Teebin- Hmm. Well, I got to talk to my contact and was told there are 5 Dementors on Kuka arms (including the main "soul sucker") while there are "4 or 5 hanging; you really wouldn't see them unless you were lookign for them," which seems to fit the description of these extra dementors. However, these Dementors are not on Kuka arms or wired for any kind of movement, so there's nothing to turn on in that regards; they also didn't seem to think there was any room for more Kuka's in there should they decide to make them animated as opposed to static. Regarding the projector area, my insider didn't know if at some point something had been planned for this area (as they weren't involved in the early installation of the ride system), but they said there is no projector there or evidence additional equipment had been installed. Overall, they seemed to think the ride system was too complicated to significantly alter.

Also, after seeing DHPt2 Tuesday night, I realized technically FJ doesn't have to be upgraded to feature an element from the final book/movie: the Basilisk skeletal remains fill that requirement.

Not saying they can't/won't upgrade FJ at some point, I just think they're going to put there efforts into building Phase II as opposed to tweaking FJ. Personally, I see them adding more interactive elements into the queue line (a'la Dinsey's next gen queues) before they'd touch the ride itelf (perhaps thse are the extra paitnings you're referring to).

Personally, I see them adding more interactive elements into the queue line (a'la Dinsey's next gen queues) before they'd touch the ride itelf (perhaps thse are the extra paitnings you're referring to).

Yuck... I HOPE NOT! The entire queue is fine. As for the other stuff, I never claimed to know, I just ask questions pose ideas and possibilities.

Here, let me clarify what I *think* will be happening.

The courtyard gates out front are where the line splits into 2 currently, right? I'm not talking about once you hit inside, I'm talking about the iron gates, the wait time, the test seat etc. Once you pass the iron gates outside, you have 2 lines. The one on the right, the bag line, the one on the left, the no-bag line. The new pathway will NOT be for lockers. It will simply be an extension of the LEFT hand side of the pathway leading into the castle. It will be there simply to hold more of the queue, without having it spill onto the main area.

Since the only room to expand the queue is this area, that means that the locker line (which currently is the right hand side) will be moving to the LEFT, and the no-bag line (which is currently on the left) will have to move to the RIGHT. Since this is opposite of where the lockers are placed in the castle, their will have to be an extra ride attendant once you reach inside (where the lockers are) to direct the flow of traffic, most likely to stop the non-bag guests and let in some guests with bags into the locker, then visa versa, stopping the bag guests into the locker area, and letting the non bag guests into the dungeon.

The new line won't go anywhere except down the side of the castle (maybe some zig zags here and there) and then back up, to go into the castle as the line currently does.

^ Thank You!

So either its a locker bypass or its an extension of the current queue so they don't need to use temporary queue overflow in between the FJ and the JP bathrooms.

From my understanding, it will be a queue only to hold more locker queue, not a bypass, nor an extension to the regular queue. Here, I got excited so I drew out what I *think* will be what it is. The drawing on the left is currently what is in place, the drawing on the right is what I think will be happening. From my understanding, it's to prevent the locker line from spilling out onto the JP bridge as it has in the past.

283881_10100528272734052_5126088_58167399_8385749_n.jpg

You could still do no bags to the left and keep bags to the right. But that makes sense once you see it from that point of view.

This sounds good for congestion in the locker rooms, too. Right now it's impossible to move in there and most of the stations are full. This way it seems, since the flow will be staggered, there will be less people in there at a time, and more lockesr will be open for the incomers to take.

When we went shortly after it had opened, one problem we saw was people going into the shop and cutting into the lockers to skip the queue and really cluttering up the lockers. Can this still happen?

See the drawing below. Note that I have cut the entire length of the path in half to focus on the the beginning and end. So, the blue line would be a railing down the center, do they turn at the other curved blue line or do they continue into the current queue (red arrows) and then turn around there? Also, what is the purple walkway for? It is even a walkway? It is only 1.5 feet wide. This kind of makes sense except for the turning around in the existing queue. That would make no sense unless they intend to use some of it for this bag queue?

WW_new_path.jpg

I think the queue will turn at your curved blue line Teebin. My first thought with this was wondering why the rest was there in that case, but perhaps it's going to be emergency evac? I've long thought it strange that in order to escape in an emergency, you have to go back inside the building first unless that massive gate is opened at the bottom of the greenhouse. I've no more idea than you on the purple, though.

From Screamscape:

(7/22/11) According to various Screamscape sources, the new pathway to be built at the Forbidden Journey ride is really one to allow for all new locker facilities to be built for the ride. Apparently the massive crowds mixed with slow tourists causes quite a bit of a backup at the entrance to Hogwarts as those who need lockers jam the pathways blocking the way of those who don’t. The new pathway and locker facilities will be located just off the greenhouse area of the queue, with a pathway back around to the front of Hogwarts for guests to retrieve their items after the ride.

^ Well, this would explain the purple area in my drawing; that it is where the new lockers will be. Retrieving bags is sure going to be a cluster-#%&!

So, we remain unclear and no one absolutely knows if lockers will be along the new path, if the lockers are put there what happens to the current locker area inside the building, and finally where the loop around at the end will be, if in fact there is a loop around. Sources are all over the place on this.