Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

First Yes I agree the Last 4 years WEAK Icons, Bloody Mary, UShER, FEAR and Lady Luck all weak none had any of the Pizaz of The Caretaker or Jack. Bloody Mary made a good commercial and the worst house in the return to USF Era. Prices will not go down. We will not see a 2 park next year(They tease the 2 park every year it is way to much of a headache and as long as Potter Is drawing people in they Will NOT use IOA)

I like the End of the World Idea
There will be a Movie Tie in House
There will be a sequel to either a scarezone or a house from this year.
If there is an Icon it will be a Male and it will be very Dark
Bill and Ted will continue to get more watered down.
They will have the biggest scarezone we have ever seen.

Also these are my opinions I know some of you loved there Icons and that is Your Opinion your Opinion Will NOT change Mine.

--- Update ---

Also we will finally see the upcharge house next year (ala ALONE)

Yea I think we're going to get most of those things mentioned above, I just want an all encompassing Icon again.

Last edited:
Yea I think we're going to get most of those things mentioned above, I just want an all encompassing Icon again.

Same here. I like icons! :)

I also like the idea of a special up-charge house where we get to go alone. Hmm, that sounds familiar... ;) It's a good idea, really!

I'm not sure that it will be necessary to host HHN to both parks. Even with construction, the tents and parade building could be moved and relocated easily. Though I'd like to attend an HHN hosted at both parks. I never got the chance to attend one of 'em.

Actually I dont think we will see an Icon house next year... an icon scarezone yes..but a house no.. With this whole new era of Darkness I think we will have more Icon scarezones like Fear Revealed and Your Luck has Run Out (;
Oh and up charge house would not be good :/ Who knows how much they would charge for that plus a ticket and express pass!! Plus 8 houses is already a lot to do 9 houses would be too much!! 8 is the perfect amount

Same here. I like icons! :)

I also like the idea of a special up-charge house where we get to go alone. Hmm, that sounds familiar... ;) It's a good idea, really!

I'm not sure that it will be necessary to host HHN to both parks. Even with construction, the tents and parade building could be moved and relocated easily. Though I'd like to attend an HHN hosted at both parks. I never got the chance to attend one of 'em.

Wasn't as great as everyone makes it sound.

The idea of going through a house alone has been done, they should do a upcharge night with limited admission.
I just don't think it will go over well when Uni will (probably) loose a house to do a upcharge.

Actually a lot of people minded it.
And were upset when they couldn't do it and then found out it was at a additional price.

However, Busch Gardens is still making additional money from it, and judging by this year's event, it's leading towards more spending money towards the creation of the event.

Personally, I don't mind it in the least bit considering it didn't replace a house. People are always going to find something to complain about and that shouldn't hold these events back in adding something new or attempting to improve the event. I'd be all for Halloween Horror Nights trying an upcharge house similar to Alone, especially after reading about their plans for extreme houses.

I do not mind them having an up-charge house, honestly. As long as they don't replace one of the 8 possible houses with an extra price maze I'm fine with that.

I still don't think the event has out grown 8 houses. Maybe in a few years it will have but if I see them doing anything more besides 8 houses, they'll round us out to be at about 8 scarezones and get us to a constant 4 shows at the most.

I still don't think the event has out grown 8 houses. Maybe in a few years it will have but if I see them doing anything more besides 8 houses, they'll round us out to be at about 8 scarezones and get us to a constant 4 shows at the most.
I agree, its a lot to add another house when you consider employees, space, and construction costs.

I agree, its a lot to add another house when you consider employees, space, and construction costs.

True. And thinking more about it, with 8 houses at HHN, I don't know how successful it would be. Sometimes you barely have time to get all 8 houses done in one night, so a 9th for an upcharge might not attract big crowds. And if they take away one of the 8 houses to make it an upcharge that wouldn't be cool...

With the money that HHN brings in, they don't have to worry about the costs.

Agreed after attending this years its very obvious there budget is continueing to grow. The level of details within ALL the houses and the brand new projectors should be give away as to how larger the budget is now. I just can't see them not adding # 9 especially if its an upcharge house.

Agreed after attending this years its very obvious there budget is continueing to grow. The level of details within ALL the houses and the brand new projectors should be give away as to how larger the budget is now. I just can't see them not adding # 9 especially if its an upcharge house.

I keep flip flopping on this. There's reasons why I like it, but also don't know if it would totally work. Do you really think that if people have 8 houses to see with their paid admission, they'd pay extra for a 9th house? I might do it as well as other HHN fanatics, but the general public? HoS only has 6 houses, and Alone is their 7th, so there is less to do in a night at HoS than at HHN, so fitting it in and paying extra are two issues to keep in mind. But then again, Universal probably doesn't mind if people are able to fit all in one night because that way they have people come back and spend more money on admissions and food/merch... Could go either way, IDK....

And it's hard to speculate even placement of a 9th house right now with all these projects and developments going on. We don't even know if the tents and parade building are going to be in the same place next year!

I keep flip flopping on this. There's reasons why I like it, but also don't know if it would totally work. Do you really think that if people have 8 houses to see with their paid admission, they'd pay extra for a 9th house? I might do it as well as other HHN fanatics, but the general public? HoS only has 6 houses, and Alone is their 7th, so there is less to do in a night at HoS than at HHN, so fitting it in and paying extra are two issues to keep in mind. But then again, Universal probably doesn't mind if people are able to fit all in one night because that way they have people come back and spend more money on admissions and food/merch... Could go either way, IDK....

And it's hard to speculate even placement of a 9th house right now with all these projects and developments going on. We don't even know if the tents and parade building are going to be in the same place next year!

I do think people will pay extra to do something exclusive. I mean HOS is selling Alone out every night at $40.00 bucks mind you. Besides that upcharge attractions are normal within today's society. As for the HOS having less than HHN well that can go either way IMO. HOS has more rides open and they talk up the coasters being in the dark as a real treat.

You also pointed out something I think HHN is moving towards, being a multi night event for the average guest. Its not going to happen from one event to another but I truly believe within 5 years we will have an event with something like, 10 houses, 10 scarezones, 4 shows, and between the two parks at least 10 rides open. I mean 30+ attractions to visit in one night. We will also see a new ticket structure, new hotel options, dining plans, express plans, new RIP tours, and upwards of 30-35 total nights for the event. HHN is the grand daddy of all special events and has been for at least 7-8 years now. We all know its only a matter of time before it reaches the next level and Universal will be there to cash in on it.