Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was at that park this morning. The wait time posted was 15 minutes, we waited about 10. I think they had 4 cars running. The line moved pretty quickly and it was a semi smooth ride.

Looks like we might need a "Paint the HRRR Thread" soon.

You can clearly see the areas that have been touched-up. Red is a horrible color for Florida!!!

HRRRPaint.jpg

Rode today, train 7. Long line due to the removal of a train for whatever reason, but after the train was taken off (which is always awesome to watch) the line moved fast and gave a smooth and exciting experience.

^ That's interesting, I wonder how it got faded that fast.

There is another red coaster in Florida that is in far more need of paint than this one!

Rode Rockit a few times yesterday and enjoyed it every time especially the front row, but have come to the conclusion that people are the biggest problem the coaster faces during the loading process which in turn leads to long wait times. I watched employees have to stop train after train after train because people can't follow simple instructions. How many signs do they have that says people must place EVERYTHING in a locker? And people still think that they can ride with bags and other loose articles. Another problem is trying to explain this to people that don't speak English. I give praise to the employees working that ride because they have to deal with the same problems over and over again. I was amazed to see how many people thought these simple rules didn't apply to them and others that were simply clueless to the whole process.

This problem could be easily resolved by simply screening the riders for loose articles BEFORE they get into the line. Employees on the loading platform shouldn't have to be taking care of this IMO. Its been a while since I've been there isn't there someone at the ride entrance watching for this?

This problem could be easily resolved by simply screening the riders for loose articles BEFORE they get into the line. Employees on the loading platform shouldn't have to be taking care of this IMO. Its been a while since I've been there isn't there someone at the ride entrance watching for this?
Yeah, there is someone at the entrance, sometimes 2 if it's busy enough. They are scanning for bags, but sometimes people don't want to use the lockers so they'll hide something under their shirt, so then when they reach the ride, the Team Members loading the trains catch it there and have to send them back down. BTW, loading a guest with a bag will get the TM who was responsible for that seat in trouble, including a write up. The Team isn't trying to be mean, they're just not wanting to get in trouble.

The real problem is everyone going to Universal/IOA after visiting Disney World where loose article policies are pretty much nonexistent. People aren't prepared for different policies at different parks.

New Trains for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit?

As seen over at ParkRumors,

New Trains for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit?

A recent Notice of Commencement filed with Orange County says “Ride System Improvements” are on their way to a Universal Studios Florida attraction. The company contracted to carry out these improvements is KumbaK – The Amusement Engineers. For those unaware of what KumbaK does, they specialize in upgrading existing rides. These upgrades can involve anything from new restraint systems, replacing sections of track, and even providing entirely new trains for coasters, something they do pretty often. A list of their recent projects can be found here: KumbaK Projects.

While the document doesn’t specify which attraction is getting improvements, Rockit seems like the most obvious choice. The ride has faced its fair share of hardships since it’s delayed opening in late summer of 2009. And it has even been previously rumored that new trains were on the way for the coaster, so this might be the first solid evidence to surface that supports that claim.
See full story here.

That will be interesting. I have only been on HRRR once and I didn't must have been lucky enough to have a decent car. Our friends however in the train behind us said it was so ruff that she kept greying out.

My first time was during HHN, I was lucky enough to get the front row! I love how they rush u on & off the Cart! lol
But overall my train was very smooth, the ride was amazing, felt good at night :p

I guess I've never been unlucky enough to get a rough train because even though I've been on it over a dozen times, I have never gotten a so-called rough train.