Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

10 Things You Would Do To Improve UOR

Ok so imagine you are made the big boss at UO, what would you do to make UO it better?

My ten are

1. Change twister to it being a production company that is trying to make a movie about twisters and they want you to be the star's of the show
main changes would be
-change and shorten pre show
-add more effects to the show
-add more intensity to the show
-make the show longer

2. Completely repaint IOA

3. Add a jeep ride to JP

4. Refurb MIBAA, JPRA,Mummy, and bring them into the 21st century

5. Make the Hulk smooth again

6. Give dudly too actual AA's and shows scenes

7. Same with Popeye and bluto

8. Turn Kidszone into a Nicktoons/dreamworks area

9. Turn the LC and backstage area behind it into a LOTR land

10. Add a water park in the area to the south of IOA

1) Turn Lost Continent into Kong Island:
I've never thought LOTR would make sense right next to WWoHP. It would kind of be redundant. Theres already a Kong attraction in Hollywood that can be used and maybe they can bring back a updated version of "Kongfrontation" as well. Kong would make a cool addition to IOA

2) Upgrade Dr. Doom: The ride is forgettable after the first couple times. Since Universal cant add anything to Marvel Island, they should look to upgrade Doom into something more memorable.

3) Add Jeep Ride of Coaster to JP: JP desperatley needs a new attraction

4) Add 2 lower budget hotels on property: Maybe the new "cheap" hotels wouldn't include express pass.

5) Turn Twister into a Horror Ride: Universal created all the classic monsters but only use them at HHN. A year round scare ride would be amazing.

6) Make Woody Woodpecker's KidZone SpongeBob's KidZone: Theres already a Nick toon shop going in the area I believe.

7) Add a "Retired Attractions" museum to either UF or City Walk: It would be nice to have a place where guests can walk in and remember what used to be in the park

8) Add an indoor dark water ride to Toon Lagoon: I wanna get wet during the winter but not freeze.

9) Put the mechanical sharks from Jaws in the water for the water taxis that drive to/from parks from the hotels: totally unrealistic but hilarious nonetheless.

10) Halt Potter Phase 2: Also unrealistic but you said I was made the big boss and I can do what I want. Its called Universal Orlando, not Harry Potter Orlando, Phase 2 will overdo it

I'll bite.

Re-theme Production Central at Uni and incorporate it equally into Hollywood and New York. (I mean, you already have the Hollywood Bowl/Hollywood Rock-it)
Split World Expo by un-incorporating Simpsons. (Add a new attraction next to Simpsons (Be it Transformers or another lucrative Sci-Fi venture)
Give Simpsons their own land/area. Add all the old Amity games, tear down IFFF and build Moes/Krusty Burger.
Twister gets re-themed to Lights, Camera, Action! It's more modern counterpart from Singapore. Also fits the setting.
Remove Shrek. (New ride incorporated to the new Hollywood theme of that area)

Mt. Crumpit Dark Ride for Suess
Either a new show at the Toon Lagoon stage or a complete teardown for a future Toon Lagoon attraction.
New attraction for Jurassic Park (Not saying Jeep ride for the pure fact that they've lost so much available space to Potter. Maybe a simulator)
Poseidon's Fury returns to the original version. (I mean, they can market it like the Spiderman upgrade. New effects, ect. One can dream right?)
JPRA needs a major re-model. Closer to it's Hollywood counterpart. I'm talking extensive.

Sure why not but in no real order.

1. Complete Overhaul of Cat in the Hat Dark ride
2. Mt Crumpit Family Coaster Dark ride
3. Replace T23D with Transformers
4. Complete Overhaul of Kidzone to include HTTYD Play area and Madagascar Flume Ride WITH DROPS!
5. Replace Lucy,Shrek,Monsters Cafe and SS44 with new Restaurants, Shopping, and Universal Museum
6. Complete gutting of Simpsons and backstage area. Repurpose of land to build Gotham City
7. Full updates to ET and MIB
8. Replace Disaster with Kong
9. New lower priced hotel on property
10. Waterpark

In no order:

Universal Studios Florida

10. Take out Twister and make it the Steven's Spielburg's ride in Singapore or update the ride with better effects and a theme that fits New-York.

9. Extend the New-York theming to and around SS-44 and place Wicked inside it.

8. Distory the Simpsons and Fear-Factor. In it's place would be the Sci-fi area with the Battlestar Galactica Coaster and the new Transformers Ride. The area will also include an updated MIB.

7. Update Terminator 2:3-D, Lucy: A Tribute, E.T, and bring back Disaster! in a more intense show.

Islands of Adventure

6. Give Jurrassic Park a new ride and a refurbishment.

5. Do something about the back side of Harry Potter's Building.

4. Take out Sinbad and place a new E-ticket ride. Something like Journey to Atlantis or a indoor roller coaster would be good.

3. Rebuild the temporary bridge between Lost Continent and Jurrassic Park.

2. Extend Toon Lagoon's theme and buildings to cover over the theater dead zone. Plus place a new show in the theater themed to Toon Lagoon. If not, distory the area and place a bridge and canal.

1. Restore Poseidon's Fury to the original show with new 4K animation.

Last edited:

Broadway is such a huge part of New York, and this would be a REALLY great idea! If they theme the building to look like a Broadway theater and hold abridged Broadway musical productions, I think it would be REALLY COOL!

Broadway is such a huge part of New York, and this would be a REALLY great idea! If they theme the building to look like a Broadway theater and hold abridged Broadway musical productions, I think it would be REALLY COOL!
I think putting any shortened Broadway show (besides anything Disney) inside a new themed Soundstage 44 would be a great addition to Universal Studios Florida.

What would be amazing about a Broadway representation is that it could be constantly updated. Perhaps a new show every year or so, just to keep things fresh. That, I would love.

In no order:

10. Take out Twister and make it the Steven's Spielburg's ride in Singapore or update the ride with better effects and a theme that fits New-York.

8. Distory the Simpsons and Fear-Factor. In it's place would be the Sci-fi area with the Battlestar Galactica Coaster and the new Transformers Ride. The area will also include an updated MIB.

7. Update Terminator 2:3-D, Lucy: A Tribute, E.T, and bring back Disaster! in a more intense show.

Islands of Adventure

6. Give Jurrassic Park a new ride and a refurbishment.

5. Do something about the back side of Harry Potter's Building.

4. Take out Sinbad and place a new E-ticket ride. Something like Journey to Atlantis or a indoor roller coaster would be good.

3. Rebuild the temporary bridge between Lost Continent and Jurrassic Park.

2. Extend Toon Lagoon's theme and buildings to cover over the theater dead zone. Plus place a new show in the theater themed to Toon Lagoon. If not, distory the area and place a bridge and canal.

I was making a list, and then I realized that yours was better than mine could ever be. :rep:

Update time!

10. Take out Twister or update the ride with better effects and a theme that fits New-York. For example, you are entering into a special-effects studio. They are going to show you the power mother nature and one of it's most deadliest weapons, the Twister!
If not, the wreak it and make it the Steven's Spielberg's ride in Singapore.

9. Extend the New-York theming to and around SS-44. The building would be in theme to a New York theater entrance. Inside will be a huge 2,000 seat auditorium with a stage that presents seasonal, short 30 minutes to an hour, Broadway shows.

8. Destroy the Simpson's and Fear-Factor. In it's place would be a natural Sci-fi area (Not all technology like with the stainless steel buildings). The area will host the Battlestar Galactica Coaster and a brand-new Transformers Ride. The area will also include the MIB attraction updated with new HD audio, sound, gun, and point system.

7. Update Terminator 2:3-D to a more modern day style, Lucy: A Tribute, E.T, and bring back Disaster! in a more intense show (In which I mean we cut most of the cheese OUT!).

Islands of Adventure

6. Give Jurassic Park a new ride and a refurbishment. The ride can be from a Raptor Encounter to the Jeep Ride. As for a refurbishment, fix it to where I can not see the people waiting in line for Forbidden Journey! Brick wall, more shrubs, something….

5. Do something about the back side of Harry Potter's Building. A good idea might be to theme it a little bit more closer the to Water Treatment Facility.

OR (this is my imagination here)

The ride can be a new Revenge of the Mummy that is themed to the area (Arab, Moroccan....)

In Mummy's old place, a brand-new Kong! Your thoughts go here....

3. Rebuild the temporary bridge between Lost Continent and Jurassic Park. Make it stone and brick just like the one between Lost Continent and Seuss Landing.

2. Extend Toon Lagoon's theme and buildings to cover over the theater dead zone. Plus place a new show in the theater themed to Toon Lagoon. If not, destroy the area and place a bridge and canal.

Last edited:
Okay my list may not make it to 10 & if it doesn't feel free to skip it or delete. (some of these have already been said I'd just like to expand on them)

Universal Studios:

1. Scrap Twister & replace with Broadway theater (Idk who came up with the idea but it's great and fits perfect with New York which Twister does not BTW. I'll never forgive Twist for replacing Ghostbusters)

2. Utilize the Herc&Xena building with a 90's Universal museum. Ex. exhibits including the Delorean from BTTF & the giant photo op Kong that used to grace the Kongfrontation gift shop.

3. This is sort of farfetched but with Potter Phase 2 i'd like to see Fear Factor demolished & be replaced with a Ministry of Magic walkthrough. Again totally not gonna happen.

4. Animal Actors should be changed to something having to do with KidZone or SpongeBob.

5. I used to love Kidzone when I was young, but it's run its course I mean my five year old niece had no idea who Woody Woodpecker was let alone Fivel. It should be rethemed to soot SpongeBob and/or include some Dreamworks attractions. E.T. I'm looking at you buddy. Time to go.

6. MIB should be touched up with new additions of aliens and new guns. (those things barely function when I ride, then again maybe I just suck.)

7. The cheap carnival games, that regrettably remind me of a Six Flags, should permanently stay by the Simpsons queue it only makes sense seeing as Krusty Land is supposed to be a carnival type theme park.

8. Terminator might have to go, and if it gets replaced I'd prefer either a year round haunted house or something that actually has to do with Hollywood.

9. I've said this before, but once Potter Phase2 happens the Mummy might start to look uninteresting to most. I'd love to see it spruced up with new animatronics and some high def protections during the coaster portions instead of black lit boards.

10. It's simple FIX ROCKIT!!!

IOA:

1. Marvel's fine for the most part with the Spidey update but I'd love an Iron Man or Avengers attraction. But I'm pretty sure since Disney owns the rights it prohibits Uni from building anymore attractions with Marvel characters.

2. I love that someone addressed the dead space between Marvel & Toon Lagoon it seriously depresses me every time I walk passed. I'd say wreck the theater or give it a permanent show. I'd love a Rocky & Bullwinkle attraction which could fit if the theater goes. But please god not another water ride.

3. Jurassic Park needs lotsa' TLC. I'd say actually add some Dino AA's outside to give the feeling they've escaped. Don't wanna scare the kiddies though. Idk where they'd fit a new ride but I think a Soarin' type helicopter attraction might work. it definitely needs something new.

4. JPRA is in need of a refurb, I'd add the car scene from Hollywood, a whole retweek of the Dino AA's with new additions, maybe some projections once inside of a pack of attacking Raptors and this is an old idea of mine but ever since JP3 I thought the TREX at the drop could possibly be replaced with a Stegosaurus (not sure how that would look now though.)

5. Lost Continent has been lost since Potter came into the picture so I think it's gotta go. I'm sorry but Sindbad & that god awful Poseidon's Fury (excluding the beautiful landscape outside) do not deserve a island. Either spill Potter into what's left of it or put a Space/Futuristic type spin on it.

6. Seuss like many have said, could use an expansion. I would suggest a Grinch dark ride or Mouse Coaster themed to Green Eggs & Ham.

That's really all I've got for IOA.

4. JPRA is in need of a refurb, I'd add the car scene from Hollywood, a whole retweek of the Dino AA's with new additions, maybe some projections once inside of a pack of attacking Raptors and this is an old idea of mine but ever since JP3 I thought the TREX at the drop could possibly be replaced with a Stegosaurus (not sure how that would look now though.)

I assume you mean the Spinosauraus. Not only is it a sin to talk about replacing Tiffany but most people including JP fans would prefer to forget JP3. You think there was an uproar when the WW moved in next door, imagine these boards if icons of JP3 took over the classic figures! However I do agree that a full overhaul of the river adventure is needed to bring it into current times. Even after its full refurb its just blah to me.

I assume you mean the Spinosauraus. Not only is it a sin to talk about replacing Tiffany but most people including JP fans would prefer to forget JP3. You think there was an uproar when the WW moved in next door, imagine these boards if icons of JP3 took over the classic figures! However I do agree that a full overhaul of the river adventure is needed to bring it into current times. Even after its full refurb its just blah to me.

Seriously, watch any POV video of Hollywood's version - miles above what we've got, which honestly stupefies me. THAT's how you do a proper Jurassic Park ride.

Just rode the Hollywood version this past October during HHN. Some where I put in my review just that. Its miles ahead of ours.