Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is that water splashing out of one of the dummies in the last picture? That isn't supposed to happen.

Yep - coming out of the dummy. To avoid this in the future maybe the people running the attraction through its paces will put the lap bar down...all of them are up in these new pictures...

DaMouse has "one last look" at Big Thunder Mountain before its reopening.

ibyvvhiLle9f2J.jpg

iLSjOBpLWsSka.jpg

ibxrkya1CPwnEJ.jpg

I heard today that it wouldn't open and then I read on Twitter that it had soft opened with a 30 minute wait...so take that for what you want.

Very curious to see the queue work that was done.

Apparently the queue work isn't completely done yet. They did change a lot such as flooring, railings, added walls, fans, but the interactive elements are not done yet. Some are in place under boxes and spaces for interactive elements are in place, but I heard that all interactive elements won't be functional until October (someone said that on Twitter - said they asked a CM).

^ Well thats odd, I mean close the attraction down for its first MAJOR refurb in years and not finish the company initiative project??? ( Project Nextgen)

^ Well thats odd, I mean close the attraction down for its first MAJOR refurb in years and not finish the company initiative project??? ( Project Nextgen)
It is odd given the length of the refurb, but i'm not too surprised with it given what people like Martin and Raven (and possibly Lee too) had been saying about the refurb. They mentioned from time to time that there would definitely be a new queue with interactive elements, but they were running behind. So to hear that it's opening without those in place isn't really all that surprising to me.

^ Still surprised they couldn't get the job done in 5 months.

For those who didn't watch the video as of now the ride has reopened without some effects either working or turned on.

So they closed for Referb and still didn't get all the effects fixed. Disney have had a few rides and attractions with effects etc not working properly and many people have pointed it out, you would of thought that would be main priority over painting!