Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has nothing to do with the TV show. Tony wasn't involved in this.

As someone said elsewhere, "All the interactive queues come from the same no talent hack from WDI-FL."

Has nothing to do with the TV show. Tony wasn't involved in this.

As someone said elsewhere, "All the interactive queues come from the same no talent hack from WDI-FL."

I like HM's and Pooh's interactive queue. I don't care much for SM's because the line moves too fast to really participate each time I'm there.

I like HM's and Pooh's interactive queue. I don't care much for SM's because the line moves too fast to really participate each time I'm there.

I have read/heard that is likely to change soon (as goes for all the queues that will incorporate) when the new Fastpass 'experience' goes into play.

I actually like Pooh and Space Mountains. SM's is actually my favorite. I HATE Haunted Mansions. I really shouldn't because it's Haunted Mansion, but I really don't like it. I never go through it unless I'm with people who have never been through it.

tumblr_lq5t9vvkNn1qe41xp.jpg

From Disney Parks Blog

First Look: An Imagineer Tour Through the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Interactive Queue at Magic Kingdom Park

Today we have an exciting update on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom Park to share with you: Walt Disney Imagineering just sent us a “first look” inside the new interactive queue that’s currently being added to the Frontierland attraction.

[video=youtube;oNfl19gKA2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfl19gKA2Y[/video]

In the video, Project Manager Wyatt Winter and Creative Designer Pete Carsillo offer up a behind-the-scenes tour of the new queue, which builds on the attraction’s backstory of Barnabas T. Bullion, founder and president of Big Thunder Mining Company. The storyline of the new area builds the attraction into something that takes guests deeper into the mining days of the Wild West. When the finished queue debuts in a few weeks, guests will be able to explore the mountain’s Mining Office, the Explosives Magazine Room, and maybe even get a little hands-on by doing some of the miners’ activities.

[video=youtube;OGrBaKdGkPc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGrBaKdGkPc[/video]

The quene is like an attraction within itself. Happy with the way this came out. Disney may not be making "rides" but they are improving areas in the park and taking things to another level.

I agree with Miketheboss.

Making these queues more interactive is a great way to add fun to the park with actually adding a new ride. I remember really enjoying myself at Space Mountain with the little video games they had in the queue. Certainly makes the time go by a little easier waiting in that space.
Looking forward to see this when I go up later this year.

The quene is like an attraction within itself.

:lol:

Good one.

I agree with Miketheboss.

Making these queues more interactive is a great way to add fun to the park with actually adding a new ride. I remember really enjoying myself at Space Mountain with the little video games they had in the queue. Certainly makes the time go by a little easier waiting in that space.
Looking forward to see this when I go up later this year.

Really? The Space Mountain games are largely a useless feature as the line rarely ever stops in the area they are.

:Really? The Space Mountain games are largely a useless feature as the line rarely ever stops in the area they are.

That line frequently stops there, especially if ops decides to hold the standby line and direct fastpasses to both sides. It might not be enough time to actually play the whole game, but from what I've seen most guests love them.

That line frequently stops there, especially if ops decides to hold the standby line and direct fastpasses to both sides. It might not be enough time to actually play the whole game, but from what I've seen most guests love them.

I've never been stopped in that area. I'm sure it happens, but I've never had the opportunity to play them.

We need these Disneyland Thunder Mountain upgrades here in Mk

Without the fog effects...

[video=youtube;58FTwnmtieQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FTwnmtieQ[/video]

[video=youtube;V560MYU7AJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V560MYU7AJc[/video]

Didn't know where to post!

I'm blown away

Last edited:
Reactions: rozfan