Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so an indoor roller coaster with fire effects. does anyone else see them replacing the mummy shortly after this opens?

Gas lines does not mean there will be fire effects and I would be shocked if it were to have them. There will be many different underground utilities installed whose destinations are elsewhere.

If it is Harry Potter can you imagine how busy it will be..WWOHP is almost always insane an now adding another oh god help us all

It's good to remember that there is a ton of infrastructure yet to go in. Hogsmeade was an apparent dirt pit for months and months on end. All that could be seen is wooden sticks with colored plastic tape marking stuff off. If the project mentioned above is for a Gringotts building, please note that it says 'layout'. That would be wooden stakes with colored flags and not a concrete pour.

Now I realize that we stopped the discussions about how the Hogwarts Express could be accomplished, but I feel it's time to put some fuel back in the fire.

While posting in the SeaWorld San Diego thread about Manta, I came across an aspect of the ride I hadn't comprehended before. It would seem that SeaWorld San Diego has merged the Orlando attraction Turtle Trek with their new coaster, in that there is a show building that houses a 270-degree projection screen that begins to display an animated tale that envelops riders, but this time without 3D glasses.

I only bring this up because I remember the two competing trains of thought, pun intended, was screens acting as the window on the train itself or external screens feet away from the vehicle like King Kong 360. However, what makes this screen tunnel different from the one on the tram tour at USH is that it also projects above the rider.

ibt0QGPV8TfCS2.jpg

iHPa1ERbOp6SA.jpg

To truly understand what makes me now think this is not only a great option for the Hogwarts Express, but many coasters in the future as well, watch the video below:

(At 1:40, you can see the projection tunnel in action)

[video=youtube;sjfUZhhhk5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjfUZhhhk5o[/video]

It serves as a reminder to those who doubted the insiders to not doubt the insiders. :lol:

You know...there was that rumor of King Kong coming back to the park last year....

Ya come on, to be fair there have been many "insider" claims that have fallen short on this site. And the connecting of the two parks was what made me think it was just a rumor, so i voted no. It just seemed too far out. Nonetheless I have learned my lesson. CAN WE TAKE THE POLL DOWN NOW!? I'm just kidding it doesn't really bother me. But seriously take it down...lol

Last edited:
"Project 7542 Universal Studios" building permit was updated today by site engineering. A preexisting "demo/ mass grading" permit was referenced. I know I'm filling in blanks, but it looks like Potter.

Ya come on, to be fair there have been many "insider" claims that have fallen short on this site. And the connecting of the two parks was what made me think it was just a rumor, so i voted no. It just seemed too far out. Nonetheless I have learned my lesson. CAN WE TAKE THE POLL DOWN NOW!? I'm just kidding it doesn't really bother me. But seriously take it down...lol

Point taken, but Potter 2.0 was the only rumor/insider claim that was stated to be a lock. Other rumors have been along the lines of "I heard this, take with grain of salt." Potter 2.0 was "It's happening."

Status
Not open for further replies.