Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, and again, totally unrelated to the document sealing, Universal did indeed contact the SFWMD about the "Project 722" plans being posted online, and had them pulled, as well as stopped the SFWMD from posting any other Universal related plans online. So you can count that out as a source for any future Universal filings.

How did you find out this information? Mercy!

Funny though, that now we have the building layout for the entire project.

After some thought a London area would fit with USF alongside NY, San Fran and Hollywood. It can be part Potter (shops, train station to WWoHP) part London themed attraction from another film.

After some thought a London area would fit with USF alongside NY, San Fran and Hollywood. It can be part Potter (shops, train station to WWoHP) part London themed attraction from another film.

I'm guessing it'll be 90% Potter 10% London, if that at all. The only "attractions" we're getting are Potter related. Gringotts and the Hogwarts express plus whatever Potter-themed walk-thrus are rumored (WWW, Knockturn Alley).

I'm guessing it'll be 90% Potter 10% London, if that at all. The only "attractions" we're getting are Potter related. Gringotts and the Hogwarts express plus whatever Potter-themed walk-thrus are rumored (WWW, Knockturn Alley).

The important thing is that all you will see from USF is London. Potter will be tucked away.

Exactly. But we shouldn't count on an extra non-potter London themed 'attraction'.

I don't believe that anyone is under the impression that it would be an attraction. However, I believe a London facade could be an attraction unto itself. It is unclear what they are trying to do with the center... appears to be a kind of rear of Leaky Caldron double-walled entrance... without passing through the Pub itself.

How did you find out this information? Mercy!

This is the letter Universal sent to the SFWMD to get the 722 plans pulled:

iBsdkdvGHcXwW.jpg

And as for no new plans being posted... if you look at any of the new permits filed with the City of Orlando that also require a permit with the SFWMD, you'll see this condition as MET:

i7CksID4CPXFi.JPG

Meaning the plans have already passed through the SFWMD and been approved. However, when you go to look up all the permits filed by Universal on the SFWMD site, you'll not find anything relating to that specific project. And, the final nail in the coffin, the most recent project, which was filed on May 4th, didn't have it's plans posted online with the application.

I don't believe that anyone is under the impression that it would be an attraction. However, I believe a London facade could be an attraction unto itself. It is unclear what they are trying to do with the center... appears to be a kind of rear of Leaky Caldron double-walled entrance... without passing through the Pub itself.

It was in reply to Cliff who suggested a London-themed attraction based on another film.

Didn't want anyone to get their hopes up...

Last edited:
Kong and Ghostbusters once shared the NY area as 2 we're filmed in actual NY. That's how I think the London area should be.

Kong and Ghostbusters once shared the NY area as 2 we're filmed in actual NY. That's how I think the London area should be.

It won't, at least not with the current plans. It's Potter with facades by the main walkway that look like London(I think).

Maybe if something happens to the Fear Factor stage it could be integrated into London, but that's all hypothetical.

Last edited:
Since New York transitions into San Fran, we can have London transition into 19th century Montreuil-sur-mer with a French town leading up to a new indoor theatre where an elemental show of Les Miserables would be shown!

The show is taking over my life and I am doing nothing to stop it.

Since New York transitions into San Fran, we can have London transition into 19th century Montreuil-sur-mer with a French town leading up to a new indoor theatre where a Universal Stunt Show would be shown!

Fixed

I would much rather see a stunt show than Les Mis..merely because I would rather see that go into SS 44 and a Stunt show (London themed of course) come to where FFL is now..

Stunt shows make me nauseous. Les Miserables makes people emotional. Universal doesn't really have that many emotional things its Studios park. I think some parts of the park need to be romanticized a bit. And I don't doubt that with a good revolve and sufficiently durable set, the whole thing can be executed beautifully. I mean, fans of the show will be able to watch it and revel in the songs, and normies can just enjoy the music and remember "that one song Susan Boyle sung". And a post-show exhibit showing off set pieces from the new musical film would be a great wrap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.