Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for evolving American Culture, but I'd also bet that FFL gets more crowds than a Les Miserables show would in the studios.

I love Les Miserables... but it can't work trimmed down. It is the most complex plot ever put on stage (thanks to the master Victor Hugo). Nobody would understand what was going on unless they'd seen the musical or the film. Wicked works because people know the basic set-up of Oz and the plot of the musical is VERY easy to trim.

As for the Fast Six comment... Uni is planning on putting in a RSR's knock-off themed to the Fast Flicks in their Russian (?) park. So.. they are definitely looking to expand that as a franchise in the parks.

Last edited:
And here is the reason I was asking. I did a quick spline extrusion of the building foundations from the SFWMD. The bends and angles of the streets most likely show where one building facade ends and the next begins. I painted the show building... erh... show building blue. Fun to look at and wonder. PS, I left out all of the curious walls present on the original diagram.

WW_render_hi.png

:lol: I'm waiting for someone to start *itching about the show building being visible.

Teebin that is a very well done overview.

Uni is planning on putting in a RSR's knock-off themed to the Fast Flicks in their Russian (?) park. So.. they are definitely looking to expand that as a franchise in the parks.

Not a bad idea to rip off! Just like Cars, Fast and Furious is an example of a mediocre movie franchise that would translate into a great theme park attraction. I think a racing ride of some kind could be really great at USF

Added the walls. Center right wall area looks like stroller parking for the 'attraction'. Used my imagination for the entrance to Diagon and took the wall up to full height so it would blend with the other buildings. With the double walls, is it possible they will try a quick effect here? 40-60 people in at a time?

ww_render2.png

Added the walls. Center right wall area looks like stroller parking for the 'attraction'. Used my imagination for the entrance to Diagon and took the wall up to full height so it would blend with the other buildings. With the double walls, is it possible they will try a quick effect here? 40-60 people in at a time?

ww_render2.png

It's not showing up for me, but I look forward to seeing it.

So, update from that contractor from Phase I that posts on WDWMagic...

The connector is the train ride itself. This attraction is turning out to be the second E-ticket for the expansion. It's much more than a train ride...trust me. The technical challenges are many but the reward will pay off immensely!

Then responding to someone saying there will be effects outside:

And inside cabin also:smiley:

^ Well, we kinda knew the connector wouldn't be much without the train so I think most think of it as one in the same. Glad to hear they are challenging themselves on the project. I really hope they freeze the cabin literally. Have missed such an effect on FJ.

^ It is there! Promise. It's just a photobucket image.

I think my school's Internet has certain things blocked for no reason. I've had trouble with a few things since they changed it this week.

In regards to your rendering, looks great. It also looks like it'll be very cramped.

In regards to your rendering, looks great. It also looks like it'll be very cramped.

Please consider that I am really messing with height here. I have no idea of the scale in the diagrams. That said, Diagon must be three to four story buildings so despite the buildings being as far apart as in Hogsmeade, by its very nature Diagon will have a darker more ominous feeling. So, I jigged the height back and forth and went with what I did. But that is a wide venue and not like the films. While it won't be cramped, it will be claustrophobic in its height, which it should be.

Please consider that I am really messing with height here. I have no idea of the scale in the diagrams. That said, Diagon must be three to four story buildings so despite the buildings being as far apart as in Hogsmeade, by its very nature Diagon will have a darker more ominous feeling. So, I jigged the height back and forth and went with what I did. But that is a wide venue and not like the films. While it won't be cramped, it will be claustrophobic in its height, which it should be.

I understand, and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.